• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possibly/ Likely Immeasurable reactions for Medea (The Rising of the Shield Hero)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DontTalkDT

A Fossil at This Point
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Bronze Supporter
Since I mentioned this in debates on my wall, I should probably make a thread about it.

So Medea's attack speed is Immeasurable as is on her profile.

Naofumi kills her by reflecting her all out Infinity Destroyer back at her in an amplified form.

"100% Deadly Aim, 100% Death, 『Infinity Destroyer』. All that awaits you all is death. The past, present, future, parallel worlds, divergent worlds, the law of cause and effect. Not a single thing in the world will be able to stop it; you will merely perish! Infinity, eternity, speed of light won't be enough. Now go die already!"

I perceive her targets. It's everybody here, and every chain binding her to this world.
And… the Laws of this world that preside over them.

She has enough power output to reduce them all to nothingness.
It's completely different than any attack she's displayed before.
It's a single blow that will use up all of her being.

It's power deserving of the title of God.
This absolute power even transcends time, and after she repeatedly condenses it, she releases it.

I couldn't even see it before, but now I can follow it.
Red, and black.
Threads… each and every one links to death. They're imbued with a concept to bring an end to all possibilities.
And those threads, just how many hundreds, thousands, millions… She has an amount there beyond my counting prowess.

The past, present, future, parallel worlds, divergent worlds, the law of cause and effects, an attack to rob all of those away from me.

That attack…

"… I was waiting for it!" (Lord Geno… I mean Naofumi)

I… deploy my powers as a God, and from the B*tch Goddess's conceptual attack, I protect everyone. I take it all into myself.
The threads of death entangle around me, and send me through all time, all worlds, all possibilities…

"Aha, ahahahaha. Who are you trying to protect? With this, you're dead. And with the next shot, it'll be my win." (Medea)
"Sorry, there won't be a next one."

The Shield absorbs all of the B*tch Goddesses Infinity destroyer, or whatever she called it, and absorbed it into a single point.

"I've had enough of your childish exchange. As a God Killer, I'll show you the greatest of counterattacks." (Naofumi)

This attack doesn't have a name.
But… In order to wait for her to use her skill, I had Raphtalia and the others work together.

There's wars of attrition, even in a battle between Gods.
But if two beings who won't die combat each other, then when will they reach an agreement… or when will they find an end?

Yes, in the end, one side is the loser.
To childish logic like that… I reached a single conclusion.

"Atlas." (Naofumi)

"Yes, Naofumi-sama." (Atlas)

"Raphtalia." (Naofumi)

"Yes, with this, it's over." (Raphtalia)

I nodded.
An end will come to everything

ÒÇî― Positive Feedback ReflectionÒÇì!

I changed the nature of the interweaving threads of death.
The red and the black change to green and white.
And I redirect them in the direction of the single person trying to destroy everything.
The altered power is amplified several times, and sent right back.

"You just sent back my Infinity Destroyer as is? How unfortunate. There's no way the attack I used myself would have any effect on myself!" (Medea)
"Were you not listening? I'm sure I included a positive feedback in there. I amplified your power, and sent it back." (Naofumi)
"Gu…" (Medea)

The conceptual attack flies towards her.
Ironically, it's the same scene as when I hit back Witch's magic on Cal Mira. While the firepower is completely different this time, the essence is the same. In the end, the trivial battles between me and this woman are something like this.

"This cannot be! But with an attack of this level, I won't even get a scratch, and I can dodge." (Witch)

"Hey, are you getting forgetful about your own attacks? Your attack was 100% Deadly Aim, 100% Death. Past, present, future, parallel worlds, divergent worlds, the law of cause and effect. Not a single thing in the world will be able to stop it; you will merely perish! Infinity, eternity, speed of light won't be enough, wasn't it?" (Naofumi)

"Hmph. I have the ability to avoid such an attack, so there's no way it―" (Medea)
"Then try it. I don't plan to join you in your childish dialogue." (Naofumi)
"Even if you defeat me, the true incarnation of me is still in the outside world, so―" (Medea)

"Forgetting things again? Parallel worlds, divergent worlds, the law of cause and effect. Not a single thing in the world will be able to stop it, you said. All fragments and the main body will be killed at once, of course. The attack you launched against everything… wasn't it supposed to invite absolute death?" (Naofumi)

"Something like that won't work on―" (Medea)

"100% Deadly Aim, 100% Death, right? What's more, I added on Positive feedback. It's your attack, and not mine. If you can dodge it, then show me the results. Well, that only goes if you survive it." (Naofumi)

Justice Punch! Barrier! Justice Punch can go through barriers! This is a Barrier that Justice Punch can't go through! Then Justice Punch that can go through the barrier that Justice Punch can't…

It's like that sort of endless dialogue. I'm not going to keep her company for that. It's just that there's a definite result in this one. Will it work? Will it not? That's it.

"Ku, my power has the ability to render an attack like this usele―"
"Do whatever you want. And if you manage to withstand it, I'll play with you." (Naofumi)
"Gu… an even more powerful infinite energy is… kuaaaaa…"

The B*tch Goddess's scream echoes. When her words entered my ears, I remembered something.
~ Chapter 374​

The amount of conversation going on there irritates me somewhat, but since she did react to the attack she should have Immeasurable reactions... possibly... likely...

I'd honestly still say Infinite Speed, but I'll wait for more discussions chiming in. I forgot we have Shield Hero profiles.

Random question: I just started the Light Novels. I have 13 volumes. Are there more? Is the story complete?

Im a manga reader btw.

LN story isn't complete WN story is.

But I'm not sure how much the LN deviates from the WN.

I have like the first 4 LN's and right now I believe there are only 13 or 14 light novel volumes out, and the next one is coming out in march or april iirc.

I should bump this more frequently.

Well, I ideally wanted a go ahead from another staff member.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back