• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Upgrades for DC Cinematic Universe Superman?

Matthew_Schroeder

VS Battles
Retired
Note: DON'T READ TO THE LATEST POSTS OF THIS THREAD IF YOU DON'T WANT BATMAN V SUPERMAN SPOILERS. Also, for everyone's posting, please keep spoilers at a minimum.

Hello, everyone. Currently, we have Man of Steel Superman at "At least Building level, likely much higher".

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Superman_(DC_Cinematic_Universe)

Well, recently Batman v Superman received the release of five issues of prequel comics, and in them we got some interesting statements about Supes Power.

In issue 3, the US Government runs CG Simulations of what a bloodlusted Kryptonian could do, based on their information.

CG Kryptonian 1
CG Kryptonian 2

CG Kryptonian 3
CG Kryptonian 4

If a Kryptonian can destroy a city the size of Metropolis, which is larger than New York, in less than half an hour, he'd need to be above Building level.

Also, in issue 5, Lex Luthor has this to say

Lex Eisenberg

Could we have Cavill Supes listed at "At most City level?"

Does it say in canon that Metropolis is larger than New York (state or city)? I say make the changes now. Once the movie comes out a lot of us will be debating from memory and it won't be until the blue ray release until we get accurate results - most likely. Might as well make the change since we have established feats that can be added without debate.

City level would mean destroying a city in one blow, not simply destroying large buildings, and possibly city blocks, one by one.

Also, I am uncertain if the movies themselves consider the prequel comics as an official part of their continuities.

Antvasima said:
City level would mean destroying a city in one blow, not simply destroying large buildings, and possibly city blocks, one by one.
That's why I'm unsure if it's legitimate. Destroying a city the size of Metropolis (Whose precise size we don't know, but it's one of the largest cities in the DC Universe) in less than 30 minutes (While being attacked by Military Forces) would push the Kryptonians to levels beyond building.

Antvasima said:
Also, I am uncertain if the movies themselves consider the prequel comics as an official part of their continuities.
I'm pretty sure they are canon. The MoS prequel comic explained how the ship crashed in the artic and how there was an open pod on the ship. If you've seen the Turkish airline adds for the films, I'm 99% sure that building shown in the Metropolis add was in the BvS prequel comics.

Question: Wouldn't the world engine feat put Superman higher than building level anyway? He resisted energies that were going through opposite ends of the earth and was weakening him. I know it's hard to quantify but building lvl just doesn't seem quite right IMO.

Well, maybe City Block level then?

Feel free to appropriately change the relevant profiles then.

Antvasima said:
Well, maybe City Block level then?
I would probably say at least city block. The world engine and the black zero were working in tandem to raise Earth's gravity and to change the atmosphere: http://dccomicsextendeduniverse.wikia.com/wiki/World_Engine

Here's a clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSjI7gwuKtg You should google image search the world engine too. The utter destruction the black zero caused in metropolis should justify that as well. To me it looks like he tanks a majority of the beam since it looks fairly narrow and as I mentioned: it was weakening him.

Okay. "At least City Block level" then.

To be honest, I was gonna put him at City block level but someone's sure to complain about the calculations I provided.

If you wanted to calc it, you can used whatever Supes speed is assumed to be + the amount of assumed buildings to find out how many buildings he would have to destroy in 30 minutes.

But yea probably city block level.

That relies on too many assumptions to use. How fast can Superman destroy a building. How large is the building? How is he gonna destroy the building? How many buildings? etc.

And the closest we've seen a building or something like it destroyed was when the World Engine was destroyed and it just collapsed, not blow up with Michael Bay proportions.

Looks like we may have a few more feats for superman and even info on batman's tech:

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/content/new-batman-vs-superman-images-details-book-leaks-online

Stand out feats to me:

Heat vision: is described as a beam of "light" and can focus the beam to a "laser".

Speed: His reflexes are lightning fast and his cognitive ability is as fast as his movement. He's also described as being faster than the human eye can see.

Strength: he can apparently crush diamonds in his bare hands

Everything else is either vague or matches up to what we know already. The batman stuff is pretty cool too. Might as well keep this info around for when his profile is created.

Wait: if superman can crush diamonds does that mean he has durability to match or is there some other explanation?

Unfortunately, diamonds are actually quite brittle and faster than human eyesight isn't really too good of a number.

Yeah but it should be a good bump to combat speed. If not that how about his lightning reflexes and thinking speed to match? His heat vision description is pretty clear though. We can at least quantify his heat vision as travelling up to light speed.

Subsonic+ is already faster than the human eye can see. I'm only counting his combat speed though and not his flight speed.

Were there not calculations or something that put him at Large Town level? I remember those floating around here somewhere...

I reverted Zod to the same statistics as Superman until this is sorted out.

Okay, so should i get Kavpeny himself to comment on this? He was the guy that also watched the movie too, btw. That and he may tell us on what to do with Movie Supes here, no?

CrossverseCrisis said:
Okay, so should i get Kavpeny himself to comment on this? He was the guy that also watched the movie too, btw. That and he may tell us on what to do with Movie Supes here, no?
The highest authority giving his opinion? Absolutely, but I hope he addresses my criticisms on the calculation.

superman showed better feats than thor and hulk yet they are higer tier than superman? it doesnt make sence!

Aceul57 said:
superman showed better feats than thor and hulk yet they are higer tier than superman? it doesnt make sence!
Superman hasn't leveled an entire city alongside a great portion of rocks beneath it, though.

We are currently talking about downgrading the Marvel Cinematic universe characters as well though.

Aceul57 said:
I would gladly edit Thor's and the Hulk's pages to more accurately reflect their powers but they're locked at the moment.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Superman hasn't leveled an entire city alongside a great portion of rocks beneath it, though.
And the World Engine doesn't count as that thing wasn't totally leveled like the Sokovia.

Back