• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible upgrade for Todoroki? and Freezing = durability negating?

here on this page:http://********.me/manga/boku_no_hero_academia/v03/c019/6.html

we see noumu's body breaking into pieces thanks to the ice of todoroki,

im not a expert on ice so im not sure but how cold must ones body become in order to shatter like that?

as far as i know -196 C┬░ is the temperature of liquid nitrogen, does todos ice have a similar lvl? if yes than this would be a notable side effect of his ice-powers,

and another thing: does "freezing someone" count as durability negating? afterall the thing that happens if something gets frozen is that the atoms get slower in their movements, in a sense durability (as long as it isnt shown otherwise) shouldnt be able to stop it,

someone like saitama for example would be able to survive extreme colds since he was in outer space (-270 C┬░),

but anyone else should be affected in the same way as a normal human right?

NOTE: im not talking about ice-attacks that are as common as air in fiction, im talking about the single ability to freeze objects, and if they shatter like in todorokis example (or rukias/hitsugayas from bleach) than that should be durability negating...

I can't say much about most of this, but surviving the "cold" of space is a terrible example. In space there isn't enough matter to transmit heat to, so there's next to no drop in temperature.

^it depends on the place you are, directly facing the sun is immensely hot,

but the empthy space itself is rather cold, exspecially since there are mostly no atoms, and the lack of atoms that move will mean coldness, so assuming the coldest temperature in outer space doesnt seem that unrealistic :/

anyway, what do you think about the other things?

But when in a vacuum, despite it being cold, there is nothing to transmit your heat to, so your body maintains its temperature.

As I said, I can't really say much about it, I'm not sure how cold it would have to be to fully freeze someone to the point of making them so brittle they crumbled from their own movements.

Maybe the freezing thing should be looked at on a case by case basis, but in many cases it's not treated as ignoring durability.

^i dont think that the heat needs to be transmitted, at some point the atoms will lose energy that slows down their movements and make things cold, so even in outer space it should be the case, but im not a expert too so i only guess (and in some websites they said something of it being extremely cold),

but arent this normally chars who simply overcome ice-attacks? ice-spears or something like that arent the same as freezing, in bleach i only remember two people who had freezing powers and i cant remember any of their enemys being able to withstand getting frozen, the same with other chars who had been attacked by such things,

and the ones who did resist freezing attacks are the minority :/

if only more people would take part in this talk than maybe we could have a good discussion about it :(

If the heat isn't transmitted then the outside temperature becomes irrelevant, as the body is only able to cool down via radiation. That's why vacuums are considered the best insulators.

Well, for instance, Greay Fullbuster and Esdeath are both capable of flash freezing opponents, but if they take on strong opponents ice weapons are always the better option for them. Also, haven't there been several cases of characters resisting Rukia's shikai? Its main ability is freezing.

^i dont think that vacuum is a insulator, even in vacuum a hot piece of steel would lose heat in mere minutes...

but they only cover the enemy with ice, at least as far as i know, so people with enough durability can survive that, but "cooling down" in itself is a process that happens on atomic/molecular scale, so he shouldnt be affected by normal superhuman durability...

as for rukia: i cant remember a time a enemy got hit by her attack and survived, mostly they evade it or injure rukia so that she cant do anything for the fight :/

Back