• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible TF2 buff

Status
Not open for further replies.
But, LordXcano? You haven't replied to my other blog about the BONK! He may have higher stamina to recover from lethargy and is highly resistant to radiation. Also, to point out about Soldier's consumption of Merasmus' "Kill me, Come back stronger" pills. And, even Merasmus took his words. Maybe Soldier can have a type of immortality?

Actually, now that I think about it, isn't it possible that some of the mercs have some kind of toonforcey immortality?

Remember, Scout has a serious choking fetish in the comics. Literally, the Soldier tries and fails to choke him to death, he is hung and survives, and then he survives SAXTON HALE AND THE HEAVY pulling downward on his neck- TOGETHER.

I don't know about that but, to be honest. Soldier should be at least the only one in the team to have immortality to come back from death, stronger than before.

I reverted Steve's edits, as they were incoherently written. I would appreciate if you could make the edits instead LordXcano.

Alright I'll do that.

@Steve They canonically respawn.

@Asdtgh I thought I did respond to the BONK calc? I said that we should just go with in-game duration since that's the only time we see it in-combat (which could wear it down quicker than out-of-combat).

@Steve They canonically respawn.
They don't respawn in the official shorts, nor do they respawn in the comics. They just do it in-game. It's just game mechanics.

Sniper and I believe Spy have voice lines that explicitly mention respawning or at least the idea of not staying dead.

I meant the radiation resistance and the high stamina which I said multiple times.

Plus, can we give Soldier a sort of immortality since he can come back from death, stronger?

Last question, how fast is the projectile of the Short Circuit?

High radiation resistance is more of a durability feat than a stamina one I think.

Yeah Soldier can have that.

LordXcano said:
Sniper and I believe Spy have voice lines that explicitly mention respawning or at least the idea of not staying dead.
Yeah, but I think Expiration Date takes precendence over the questionable cannonicity of gag voice lines. Sniper dies in TF2 comics, and he sure doesn't respawn until the Medic revives him, a process that costs 2.2 billion dollars and takes 6 hours to preform.

And in Expiration Date, the mercs make a big deal about dying (although most of them are extremely stoic thanks to their lack of avalable voice actors), and it's clear they aren't gonna respawn after their inevitable demises.

I assumed that was because Redmond and Blutarch are dead so they don't have whatever tech they used to respawn anymore.

I mean even in-game Medic can bring people back to life on the field with specialized tech.

1: They weren't dead during Experation Date

2: Redmund and Blutarch weren't the ones providing the tech, the Administrator was. Even with them dead, there really shouldn't be a difference

3: And if you assume that they can respawn because they talk about it (and do it) in game, then you also must assume that there are multiple versions of each merc, one RED version and dozens of BLUs. (According to the Meet The videos)

LordXcano, how about the high stamina? Reports have been said that BONK! can cause lethargy(lack of energy in the body) after the effects wore off. Can't that not be in high stamina since he took large amount of BONK! as he studied?

Just because I took a product that said it may cause constipation and I didn't get constipation, that doesn't mean I have resistance to constipation.

@Stevethebarbarian

Wait, what?! What the hell does that mean?

@LordXcano

And, I did make another blog on the BONK! with this

It means it's a possible side effect, not a garunteed one.

He might have just lucked out and not gotten lethargic. Just because it's a possibility doesn't mean it's allways gonna happen.

http://www.teamfortress.com/scoutupdate/energydrink.htm

This is the actual reason why. Look at the tiny sentences, saying about the after effects of BONK! which is specifically saying that they'll experience lethargy. Here's one victim.

http://www.teamfortress.com/thecontract/#f=12

Saxton said that the guy stopped drinking the BONK! after having some of it. Hell, that means it really does wacky things to him and that wacky thing is none other than lethargy. While a normal man drank, let's say, half a can, Scout drank, around more than 8 cans and, after 10 hours or so, he was still practicing dating without any signs of pain because of large doses.

1: There are a billion things that the BONK could do to you other than lethargy.

2: Just because that one person is affected, the Scout isn't neccecarily affected too. Also, a BONK-ingesting Scout takes tons of them, likely negating any possible effect.

I'm sorry, since when does BONK actually have billion effects when it gives him, at best, two enhancements to his body? Greater speed and durability/invulnerability.

There are still more drinkers/victims said in the Scout Update. Considering that Scout's still quite human too, he should be affected by the downgrading effects as well. Besides, he shouldn't be able to negate anything when he first drink one can and, maybe, after drinking it constantly, his body is still able to keep on going even with the "lack of energy" he experienced and adapted, being able to have a higher stamina to resist the negative effects instead of negating them.

1: I didn't say a billion effects, I said a billion things could happen. The poor fool could run halfway across the world, get cancer, literally explode, become lethargic (like you said), get bloodlusted and try to kill Hale (Bad idea), accidentally kill himself, have a stroke, or any other number of things.

It's also important to note Pauling's reaction. It was obvious that something bad happened to the poor guy. Just frikkin' falling asleep wouldn't warrant a blank shocked stare like that.

2: I really do think that that lethargy simply doesn't effect the Scout. Some people just aren't medically built the same as others.

Then, show us the other abilities that the BONK can do lin a page about all the other things that could happen.

Dude, listen. First off, the page that you linked to says that BONK can cause killing rampages. Second, it's full of radiation, causing possible cancer. It massively increases speed, which could cause "the poor fool to run halfway around the world." It increases heart rate, which could cause a stroke or for them to explode. On top of that, the page you linked to also said that it could result in your death.

It's a radiation-filled bottle of superpowers. There is literally no limit to the ways you could die ingesting that stuff.

WHAT?!? You said all of that BONK super powers and now you said you think so?! But, really, which page? I read every word for "poor fool running across half of the world", and all of that. Yes, there is that radiation gives you super powers but, for Scout's case is speed or, could be, durability. Do please help me find this page you talk about BONK so that we all can discuss about it.

There is a disclaimer at the bottom of the page YOU linked to. It says, and I'm gonna copy it word-for-word-

"Note: Bonk! contains several hundred times the daily recommended allowance of sugar. After the beneficial effects of the radiation wear off, drinkers have reported experiencing feelings of lethargy that can last several seconds. Reading this sentence absolves Bonk! of any liability for killing sprees inspired by or deaths resulting from the ingestion of Bonk! Enjoy Bonk! responsibly… Or by the case!"

What this says is that-

1: BONK is full of radiation

2: BONK can cause feelings of lethargy

3: BONK can cause killing sprees

4: BONK can result in the user's death

Ok, the killing spree's fine but it still can cause lethargy at least most of the times considering there are multiple users and Scout still live from that exhaustion even after so many cans. I thought radiation resistance count for having radiation in your internal body but, whatever.

I still don't see what's wrong with the high stamina.

Forgot to upgrade Scout. Anyway the second calculation seems okay but we may want to go with the low-end to be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back