• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Star Wars Canon Combat Speed Downgrade

So, if you ask me, with that answer and info, Massively Hypersonic via Precog scaling from Luke's feat seems reasonable

Now... What about Legends/EU?

This clearly affect the Disney Canon, but what about that?

IIRC in Legends a Padawan literally has to go through an obstacle course where they dodge beams of light in order to become Jedi so I think they should stay the same.

I don't think Finn or Rey should get the upgrade. Kylo was already heavily weakened by a bowcaster shot and Finn himself is just an average (maybe even below average) ex-Stormtrooper. I'll start editing the profiles in a bit and I'll just ask staff to change the ones that are locked.

Rey stills scaling from Kylo just fine, at least thats her profile suggest

Finn is an average Stormtrooper, but stills the fact that he is clearly superhuman, also, why Solo and Troopers are Peak/Athletic Human is speed? Is not like they have reacted to blaster nor anything, but shouldn't they be faster?

Because Han only has one speed feat and that's an outlier (shutting off lightspeed while in-atmosphere.)

And eeeeeh I feel Rey doesn't scale to Kylo that much. He was dominating the whole fight until she tapped into the force, and by then Kylo was already heavily injured.

Finn himself has no speed feats besides fighting the, as said, injured Kylo. The rest of the movie is just him losing fights, even to other Stormtroopers.

Subsonic should at least something for them

Scaling them from the movement of the force users?

Also, if Finn has a lightsaber, why he doesn't the clarification that he can harm characters on Grievous level?

Because we haven't seen athlete/peak human characters cut through shit with town level durability. But we have examples of Force adepts doing so.

So is that final - Hypersonic with MHS reflexes augmented by precog?

But that's the atribute of the lightsaber.

That, or it should removed entirely, since when Obi-Wan harmed Grievous, Obi's AP "At least 7-C", so harming him with force amp wouldn't be hard

(Also, I'd Probably make a thread about force amp for striking strength)

When Obi-Wan kicked Greivous it backfired. As soon as his leg his Greivous' Obi-Wan took it back and screamed in pain. And he was amplifying himself. Really the fact was he couldn't hurt him too much without a weapon. The most he did hand-to-hand was open up his chest cavity to expose his vital organs.

No doubt a lifting strength feat for sure. As for Force-only lifting, well the Clone Wars has many depictions of such acts. IF Hop can find it, you can calc his lifting strength based on a ship or boulder he's moved.

Other instances of Force amped striking feats in canon, such as the 2003 Clone Wars episode with Mace Windu punching droids into fodder dust with his bare hands. It was brought back into canon with the new Catalyst novel that is tied to Rogue One. And yes it's officially canon. It was mentioned in the novel explicately.

You can ask the admins for help with temporarily unlocking profiles,

I didn't said that Force Amp for Striking wasn't canon

I said that why Nearly Everbody got the "Can cut people with Durability like Grievous blah blah" with Lightsaber

When Obi cutted him, he was "At least 7-C" in AP, so why we assume that it was the lightsaber and not his Force Amp

Also, why Force Amp scale to AP and Dura, but not to Striking Strength? Even the strongest only got Class GJ+ even with AP of Multi-Continent and above

Just noticed a probelm with the MHS calc that was brought in the comments multiple times. Mainly that he assumed blaster bolts are Hypersonic despite several showings otherwise. Hell I'm pretty sure Han Solo has reacted to them before. I don't think simply going "they're old" is enough to cover numerous showings of hand blasters being Nerf Dart speed.

In addition it came from a novelization, which I think we discussed above and said were no longer canon.

@LordXcano I don't recall that calc. The MHS calc I brought up is about Kenobi and Windu deflecting some lasers.

That seems good to me. Just need more people to agree to that.

Also, I would word it slightly differently:

Subsonic movement speed with Force Speed (a Force power which boosts the user's running speed - Lords of the Sith novel, which is canon, explicitly describes this technique)

The Darth Vader feat was force speed?

Also, seems like a really long justification to make

I think that the best is to make something like this:

Subsonic movement via Force Speed (This should be listed on Vader's profile only, the others profiles should have only the "Subsonic movement via Force Speed")

Hypersonic reactions and combat speed (Well, in this case, lots of characters have reacted to this type of blasters, so I think that this only should be on the majority of profiles, others one simply have it via power-scaling)

Massively Hypersonic+ reactions when argumented by Precognition (Some characters doesn't even have justification for the reactions-argumented-by-precognition, so this should be on some profiles, the rest doesn't need any justification)

Yes. We really need a separation between Canon and EU characters though tbh. Like, on the verse page.

AidenBrooks999 said:
OBD have them as completely different pages tho.
Different keys makes it less cluttered. For example what I'm thinking is like:

Cano

Darth Vader

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Mace Windu

Legends

Darth Malak

Abeloth

Darth Vader and Mace Windu both appear in Legends, yes, but they also appear in-canon so they just have a different key for that. Meanwhile the people under Legends have only appeared in Legends, so they stay there.

Hop Hoppington-Hoppenhiemer said:
We should. Maybe to make it less work we can make Anakin and Vader the same page. They're the same person.
Anakin and Vader are considered two different beings entirely by most of the Star Wars community and the canon Vader comics only back this notion up further.

AidenBrooks999 said:
The Darth Vader feat was force speed?
The novel explicitly states that Vader made his way down the hallway "augmenting his speed with the Force" (exact words in quotes).

Hop Hoppington-Hoppenhiemer said:
That seems good. This should apply for all canon Force users, yes?
Anyone on fully fledged Knight level and up probably.

Also, been meaning to ask: Why is Kanan only Building level? ChaosTheory123 made a calc showing younglings with TK power in the range of 2+ tons. A Padawan learner who has been Knighted should not be weaker than them. He should be well above them in fact. So he should be upgraded to High 8-C.

This is off-topic. Might make a separate thread for this.

Soldier Blue said:
Anakin and Vader are considered two different beings entirely by most of the Star Wars community and the canon Vader comics only back this notion up further.
That's an opinion, and not all of the community shares that point of view. For instance I don't. They are the same being, and just because because his personality changes doesn't mean a thing. By that logic that's like saying we should have different profiles because Vegeta became a good guy and lost his Saiyan armor and scouter. So what, his personality changes and how he looks is different. The same person doesn't need more than one profile unless there's like, an alternate canon or version, like with the Superman profiles. Having them be separate is pointless and the only reason is because some butt hurt baby boomers refuse to call them the same thing because all they do is bash the the Prequel trilogy.

Come on, we can make it one page and it would only have 5 keys.

Episode 2/The Clone Wars | Episode 3 | Vader - Episode 4 | Vader - Episode 5 | Vader - Episode 6. We can ignore Episode 1 because we'd have next to nothing about him at that age to index. Other than maybe reaction speed (podrace).

And of course his Legends counterpart can go on the profile, so that's like 6 keys. We've done far worse than that. Goku has more keys than that.

I also agree with LordXCano's suggestion of different keys for different continuities.

^ You do make good points Hop. But more people are going to have to agree with that in order for it to be implemented. Do you want me to talk to Everlasting about this?

I would not mind if somebody wants to merge together the Darth Vader and Anakin Skywalker profiles.

@Ant

We can do it with Ever's help. Hop feels he's the best to take the lead. Hop will do it if no one else will though.

@SB

Yeah, it's brilliant.

Back