• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Star Wars Canon Combat Speed Downgrade

Yes. We should preferably give them some kind of rating.

LordXcano said:
Hypersonic based on the tank blaster feat
May be with MHS reflexes augmented by precognition based on Kenobi and Windu's laser deflection feat (link up there)?

Also, the Hypersonic rating would apply to Grievous as well since he can contend with Jedi Masters. Plus he has actually batted away blaster fire with a lightsaber on two occasions in TCW (once during the battle of Saleucami). And in the Son of Dathomir comic (which is Disney canon), he has casually dodged blaster fire from numerous Mandalorians.

MHS with precog sounds good. That could also be backed up with Windu blocking Sidious' lightning I presume.

And yeah Grievous would scale since his whole schtick is that he's killed a lot of Jedi.

LordXcano said:
MHS with precog sounds good. That could also be backed up with Windu blocking Sidious' lightning I presume.
Anakin has also blocked Dooku's surprise ************ lightning on one occasion. Dooku and Anakin were going down some escape shaft. Dooku fires his lightning at Anakin who proceeds to pull his lightsaber from his belt and then block it.

They should be left at where they are now, a lot of verses have feats that are thrown off as an inconsistency even if at happened more than a few times.

LucyyXNyuXHana said:
They should be left at where they are now, a lot of verses have feats that are thrown off as an inconsistency even if at happened more than a few times.
Anything as extreme as being matched with a pirate with an electric stick?

Bump.

Gonna be away for a little while due to work and health reasons.

Please get this stuff sorted out in the mean time.

Well, I am going on vacation tomorrow, so the rest of the staff will likely have to manage without me.

Soldier Blue said:
Could someone calculate how fast Ahsoka is moving her arms here?
In this video, go right to 3:23
Can't do that without calc-stacking blaster bolt speed, and without calc stacking it wouldn't be any higher than Subsonic+ given that each motion is completely visible and followable.

Gotta agree wioth XCano and S. Blue. As well as Lina.

While sharing much the same reasoning, and another thing allot of you ignore is the the Force user's own awareness of their speed and strength advantage. While in canon they are aware of how crazy overpowered they are, they simply recognize things like vehicles and lesser weapons such as blasters and our lowly 9-C lightsabers seem to have consistency in killing them off.

They're like glass cannons, they can dish out allot, but realistically, even the highest Tiers are killable by things like blasters (Order 66) and minor cuts with saber straight up cripple Force users. For reference:

Episode II: Attack of the Clones - Obi-Wan rendered unable to fight after two mesely strikes from Dooku on his sholder and leg.

Episode III: Revenge of the Sith - Literally every Jedi death in the film + the Anakin losing to Obi-Wan

Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back - Luke is taken out by a 10-A/9-C Wampa, and succumbs to the cold. He is completely rendered useless after losing to Vader in the end fight.

Episode VII: The Force Awakens - Ironically, one of our weakest Force users, Kylo Ren, tanks Chewbacca's Tier 9-A bowcaster shot and eventually is brought down by Finn and Rey after 4 minor injuries (his soldier, arm, leg, and face)

As well as the multiple instances of human level physical injuries in the animated shows.Such as when Anakin fought that guy hitting on Padmé. Which is hard to argue if held back against him. He was beyond furious. Needless to say, he could have fodderized that guy if he wanted to, but the fact that he got hit in return is kind of odd, if we're going to insist the current statistics.

@Hop

Well we do have some good superhuman durability feats for Force adepts. In TCW, we see Force adepts landing from heights of hundreds of metres and are just fine (Ahsoka, Plo Koon, Anakin, Kenobi, Quinlan Vos, Ventress). Padawan Ahsoka tanks a thermal detonator point blank back in season 1 itself. Anakin survives an explosion poweful enough to blow away a reinforced door which can likely tank a thermal detonator explosion (albeit is knocked out). Freaking Ezra takes a shot to the arm from the blaster cannon of a Droideka and those shots can singe the armour of an AT-DP. In the films, you see Kenobi and Maul falling dozens of metres and are just fine. A knocked out Kenobi is crushed by a large steel platform and wakes up later on just fine.

As for lightsabers - they can cut characters/armours with at least town level durability.

Can I ask where Hypersonic came from?

I just said MHS+ because they reacting to volt cannons. Although I found a calc for MHS Luke from that

AidenBrooks999 said:
Can I ask where Hypersonic came from?
I just said MHS+ because they reacting to volt cannons. Although I found a calc for MHS Luke from that
Hypersonic came from a calc on tank blaster speed, said blasters being something Anakin can react to.

LordXcano said:
Hypersonic came from a calc on tank blaster speed, said blasters being something Anakin can react to.
There's another episode where Anakin dodges three shots in quick succession from the main canon of a tank while running at high speed towards it. This feat is especially impressive since Anakin was recovering from serious injuries at the time.

Combat speed since they can move a pretty good distance in that time (doing a backflip in Anakin's case)

I mean, I was checking the calcs that were linked here

And the MHS feat from Luke (It doesn't look that he used Precog, but I can be wrong)

And MHS+ are from Blasters, but we didn't just accepted those at Hypersonic?

MHS+ is from beam-based blasters, not ammo-based. Also we can't really tell when someone uses precog or not, so we just kinda use that for speeds way above their normal speeds but are consistent enough AFAIK.

Back