• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Saitama speed upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flashy Flash has no feats anywhere close to Light Speed. He doesn't even really have statements, rather than "Lightspeed" being his nickname. Which by that logic Android Saga Vegeta is Universe level cause of his "Big Bang Attack."

EDIT: Ninja'd by Celestial Pegasus.

Again, the fact that Flash calls his attacks "lightspeed" doesn't matter if they haven't actually shown being that fast. Is Android Saga Vegeta Universe level cause he calls his blasts "Big Bang Attack"?

Acording to the webcomic Saitama doesnt have LS feats

Acording to the manga it may be possible that Falshy Flash is lightspeed becuse we have monster that move at lightspeed by statement but we need to wait and see

let just hope that ONE will delete the 5 mach crap feat in the manga becuse i dont want Supersonic+ S class :(

@Huesito Basically same thing as Lightspeed. A monster claimed he could move at lightspeed, but has no feats of such and was tagged by Genos.

Also even if Mach 5 happens in the manga again, S-Class is just going to be scaled by Atomic Samurai's feat.

Ryukama said:
@Huesito Basically same thing as Lightspeed. A monster claimed he could move at lightspeed, but has no feats of such and was tagged by Genos.
Also even if Mach 5 happens in the manga again, S-Class is just going to be scaled by Atomic Samurai's feat.
No.. if FF will do the 5 mach feat again than everyone will scaled to him becuase FF faster than human Garo who faster than Metal Bat and TTM and PPP and Genos and Zombiman and probably Child Emperor (and in short almost everyone in S class) and in addition he faster than Demon and Dragon level so they also scaling from him

Ryukama said:
Actually, I believe this is a little wrong. For example, the time used is a sports timer making the time spent being 0.2 milliseconds or 0.0002 seconds.

2.2 meters x 16 hits = 18.2 meters.

This means 18.2 meters in 0.0002 seconds or

182000 meter in 0.2 seconds

What is Mach 265.3

@Ryop OPM has feats much higher than Mach 5 and from characters much slower than Flash. That feat would be considered a low end outlier.

Muuuuh said:
Actually, I believe this is a little wrong. For example, the time used is a sports timer making the time spent being 0.2 milliseconds or 0.0002 seconds.

2.2 meters x 16 hits = 18.2 meters.

This means 18.2 meters in 0.0002 seconds or

182000 meter in 0.2 seconds

What is Mach 265.3
Okay but it hardly matters. The feat is far from lightspeed to answer the OP and isn't upgrading/downgrading anything.

No they aren't. Murata's manga for the most part is meant to fit in with the webcomic and both are considered canon. Or else there wouldn't be any Planet level, Multi-Continental, Large Island, MHS+ or Sub-Rel characters.

Ryukama said:
@Ryop OPM has feats much higher than Mach 5 and from characters much slower than Flash. That feat would be considered a low end outlier.
I sorry but no there is only one feat of Atomic Samurai and even that not soild evidence becuse we only assume he made the cut by the time the sword move to him it also possible that he dodge and after than he did the "atomic slash"

i am not saying that calc is worng but FF feat is the only one time in the whole manga that we get actual timer and Garo himself clearly say that 5 mach Flash is faster than his human form and we have countless feats of Garo been faster than others S class and Demon\Dragon level we cant use ignore the whole manga and say it ouilers just becuse we dont like that.

If anything,the atomic samurai should be consider as outlier

Because we directly see Samurai making the cuts before Haragiri gets to finish his attack.

Also Tornado has another Mach 3500+ feat.

And I know Flash is supposed to be faster than Human Garou. But when there are multiple instances of slower characters of going at much higher speeds, the one time where he goes at a mere Mach 5 is an outlier.

We're not ignoring the whole manga. We're not ignoring the fact that Garou is faster than most of S-Class or Dragons/Demons. We're dimissing one feat that goes against several others. Every One Punch Man character isn't going to become less than Mach 5.

Tornado mach 3500 is fan calc speed that not actual speed proof and cant be compared to to actual timer given by the mangaka himself if that how ONE want to make them so that how this should be unfortunately

ONE>us

Tornado's speed has been reliably calculated to be Mach 3500+. So yes that is her actual speed.

Also we don't take authorial intent much into consideration. And one can just as easily assume ONE didn't actually do the math and didn't intend Flash's results to be so low. We don't know how fast he wants Flash to be and it doesn't matter.

Regardless of what the author wants, Mach 5 is an outlier for the series and multiple reliable calculations/feats prove that.

Basically what Ryu said.

Also there's no real reason to scale Saitama to most other characters. He's far beyond 95% of the characters in the verse.

Boros and what's his face are the only 2 true people that are close to him.

So using a Class that isn't Rank S, or isn't a main bad guy really means nothing. After all the beatings that Deep Sea King beat the entire force into, Saitama had put zero effort in killing him.

Awakened Cockroach's light-speed thing is to do with his way of fighting, which is using bloodlust to indicate when he should move out the way. For a lack of better terms, think of it like advanced aim-dodging.

Ryukama said:
Tornado's speed has been reliably calculated to be Mach 3500+. So yes that is her actual speed.
Also we don't take authorial intent much into consideration. And one can just easily assume ONE didn't actually do the math and didn't intend Flash's results to be so low. We don't know how fast he wants Flash to be and it doesn't matter.

Regardless of what the author wants, Mach 5 is an outlier for the series and multiple reliable calculations/feats prove that.
Honsetly i see no reason this will consider as ouitler

If that 5 mach feat will happen again(and i hope that this will not) there is also things that kinda support that and you can analyze this in diffrent point of view based.on that feat. for exmple Dont forget that Sonic was introduced as only mach1\2 and he was S class at that point,Sea king's punch at full power(against saitama) can be recorded by normal camera ,Shiryu who probably S class level at full speed he still can be seen by normal Human and only look like Subsonic+

Just for clarification,i am not trying to downgrade the OPMvers i just saying we cant unfortunately consider that as outiler just becuase we have fan-calc that say something else WoG about OPM's speed is above everything

Regular humans seeing superhuman characters fighting is a popular trope. We'd have to make Bulma and Mr. Satan MFTL+ if we actually considered that. Even then OPM characters being Normal Human level is obviously an insane low end and not worth anything in a debate. You don't use low end outliers/PIS to argue other feats being high end outliers/PIS.

Just because Sonic casually makes a shockwave once doesn't mean he's only Mach 1.

The fact that you think "it only looks like Subsonic+" doesn't mean anything. Actually make a reliable calculation to determine the speed of it.

And no WoG and authorial intent does not take priority over actual feats, calcs and consistency. Or else we'd have Moon level Roshi, Large Island Erza, Relativistic+ Justice League, 2-A Elder God Demonbane, etc. One Punch Man has multiple feats well exceeding Mach 5. We're not downgrading them on authorial intent, what feats "look like" to you or absurd downplaying low ends like "regular people can see them".

To add onto what Ryukuma said, all things supersonic+ make shockwaves. So to use that to disprove Sonic moving at speeds surpassing supersonic is nonsensical. Also, to place WoG on top of the hierarchy (when it comes to analysing a character's statistics) is violating one of our rules. So please knock it off, if you have a problem with that too bad. There are other sites you can go onto instead.

Okay the original topic of the thread has been long concluded and is now getting horribly derailed by things that go against the way this site works.

We agreed we won't be making Saitama or Flash FTL, so that's concluded. And we are certainly not downgrading OPM over arguments of "WoG >>> everything else", "Normal humans have seen them", "they don't look that fast to me" and "they make shockwaves."

So this is settled. I'll be closing the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back