• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible MCU Stormbreaker downgrade via WoG from Russo bros

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.in...rmbreaker-can-t-beat-thanos-infinity-gauntlet

Now the article references a tweet by a dude from Slashfilm who was at the recent Q&A with the Russos. It seems the reason Stormbreaker was able to power through the beam of the IG is that Thor caught Thanos by surprise. Now here are the implications I see:

1. Stormbreaker is scaled to the power stone only

2. With how the comment is worded, its possible the energy beam even with the powerstone is unquantifiable i.e. we dont know if Thanos meant to hit Thor with a planetary attack.

Is there a video up of the Russo Q&A?

Reacting better towards Stormbreaker isn't the same as overpowering it. It's pretty clear that Thanos was using all 6 stones judging from the fact the beam was a solid white color rather than just purple, as that implies all stones are being used. Therefore it's more likely that, like the article says, Russo meant Thanos could of reacted differently by stopping time or warping reality or any other application of the gauntlet rather than trying and failing to overpower Stormbreaker.

But apparently the question given to the Russos was "is stormbreaker more powerful than the infinity gauntlet?"

This is why if anyone has the full Q&A, please share :)

I mean

The general guideline for WoG is that "if it's full of forkery it doesn't count"

For one if the only reason Thor actually almost killed Thanos was through sheer Dragon Ball Super logic, it would completely defuse Thor being the last line of defense against Thanos, one last hope to keep the audience at the edge of their seat

Secondly, even if he was caught off guard, why would Thanos spontaneously have an infinitesimal fraction of his power when firing a basic laser? That also doesn't really make any sense, if anything, him being off guard wouldn't give him time to actually hold back his power to not kill Thor like he does with the rest of the heroes (Well, seemingly. Hard to tell with all that plot armor)

Thor blasted Thanos with lightning before he used Stormbreaker, so Thanos not expecting stormbreaker is most certainly bs.

The work itself sure doesn't by all indications

The work itself never clarifies the context, while thecwriters and directors do, so who do you trust more: fan ideas or the writers and directors?

@RegisNext1232, is there a timestamp? Not trying to sound lazy but i dont want to sit through 40 minutes with the screenwriters.

@RegisNex1232, thank you. What I gather from the writers is that stormbreaker has specific hax against the infinity gauntlet?

Back