• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Krillin upgrade (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its rearly that krillin inst universal level but we have some downgrade here. He was hurt by a bullet ok but Goku was too. Krillin is easy more powerfull than Namek Saga frieza at time

@Darkmon cns

Krillin being 4-B normally still seems a bit much for me. I think what we need to do is have separate AP ratings for him normally and with Kienzan. I agree with @Muuuuh that he should be at least High 5-A normally right now based on him being implied to be on first form Namek Saga Frieza level but much higher specifically with Kienzan.

I should be the same tier imo to be honest. The power scaling in db super is never accurate making krillin to be able hurt gohan and hold off ssb goku kamahama wave doesnt seem to make sense.

"High 5-A" for Post-Z Krillin (and thus probably Tien) seems good to me.

Promestein said:
"High 5-A" for Post-Z Krillin (and thus probably Tien) seems good to me.
Tien would definitely scale. It also makes sense seeing as how he was able to push down semi-perfect Cell for a while with an attack that could have killed himself.

Muuuuh said:
No. At least high 4 C probably higher. He with base Goku and Super Sayan Goku too
Nope. Tier 4 Krillin is still outlier/PIS for now. If he can somehow damage one of those Trio de Dangers, then we can consider it. And even then, many people may still not accept it.

Nope. Tier 4 Krillin is still outlier/PIS for now. If he can somehow damage one of those Trio de Dangers, then we can consider it. And even then, many people may still not accept it.

Why not? "Non ego" state give him a great upgrade

If krillin does gain an upgrade, then he should at least be scaled to base form/ssj goku or base form gohan, not SSJB goku due to the fact that it was hinted and proved by android 18 and krillin that Krillin was no match for goku at that form. The following reaons are

1. Krillin was on par with Gohan while being held back and forced goku to go ssj while goku was held back.

2. If Krillin does get upgraded then he should be at least possibly 4-B because it was a filler episode and it would be a humongous jump.

3. Krillin has stated to return from retirement and become a martial artist again. He stated to have trained and become stronger. Also if Roshi gained an upgrade from city level to small planet level because he stated to train, then why cant krillin have the same upgrade

But for now just leave it as possibly unknown untill the tournament of power

Darkmon cns said:
kiaoken? elder kia power unleashed?
That is a technique and not a transformation. Hence my confusion. Anyway, the only way Krillin can learn it right now would be to spend time in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber with Goku.

Going to agree with Matt, the entire episode was PIS, the only what can be done is add the Taiotenx100 (?); also, from where is coming that Krillin is as strong as first form Frieza? its from that special of those two dwarves?

First of all, you guys are misinterpreting so much on this.

About Kuririn vs Gohan.

Gohan was evidently holding back, as both he and Kuririn himself have stated. Kuririn defeated Gohan not through sheer strength, but by firing energy blasts to annoy him, and using roundabout techniques like the Taiyoken. He even stated that he felt bad about it.

What does that scene show? That in this tournament, technique and skill will matter most over strength. Kuririn defeated a stronger, albeit held-back Gohan through intelligence and trickery. Later Kuririn gets swatted like a bug when Gohan stops holding back.

Now, Kuririn vs Goku.

The same thing happens with Goku. Kuririn fires numerous Kienzans to distract Goku, focusing on skill rather than brute force. And if Gohan was holding back, it is logical that the vastly stronger Goku was holding back as well.

Then we see the flashback with young Kuririn saying to Kid Goku that he wish he didn't hold back against him, and in response Goku turns into a Super Saiyan Blue, his best form. Why does Goku does this? Both out of respect, because Kuririn wish Goku didn't hold back, but also to test his resolve. The tournament will have numerous God-level opponents, and if Kuririn can't bear the courage to face them, he will lose immediately.

He was once again obviously holding back, there's no question around it. If Base Gohan holds back against Kuririn, Super Saiyan Blue Goku will as well. The two clash, and Kuririn was indeed losing. Kuririn is in no way, shape or form, comparable to Super Saiyan Blues, let alone base Goku.

Then Android 18 kicks the kamehamha away. Now this is indeed kinda stupid, but we have to remember that Goku was holding back immensely. It is still a feat, but so far it is too little to properly rank 18. I would suggest that instead of rushing towards upgrades, we wait for actual feats and for the arc to continue.

All Kuririn gets from this episode is a Solar Flare Upgrade.

Krillin most certainly does not scale to either Gohan or Goku.

Krillin never matched gohan in power krillin simply outsmarted gohan tacitly with his solar flare times 100 but krillin never matched gohan simple two punchs from gohan were able to send krillin flying away

However, we probably should look into the "Yo! Son Goku and his Friends Return" statement.

Also I agree with Matt and Prom.

@Matt To add on to what you said, it's stated right before Krillin "fights" SSB Goku that "With their difference in power, there's nothing Krillin can do" which further supports that Goku was indeed holding back.

And again, this is far from the first time we've seen a Dragon Ball character lower their ki by orders of magnitude. Like when Bulma survived a slap from Beerus, when Hercule survived a hit from Cell, or when Trunks surpressed his power level to 5.

Android 18 I don't see problems with, since she kicked back an absurdly held back blast from Goku. So I wouldn't personally call that PIS rather, again, an example of how drastically Goku can restrain himself.

With what I heard, it sound like Krillin was able to hold his own against Avo or Cabo (both equals to 1st form Frieza); other thing, that special has two adaptations, what's the primary canon?

Looking at it again, it's not really anything explicit. Krillin just volunteers to fight Abo and Kado, who were as strong as first form Freeza.

Matthew Schroeder said:
What statement in Yo! Son Goku And His Friends Return?
Gimme scans, not word of mouth.
I didn't bring it up. I didn't even know such a statement existed til this thread.

Promestein said:
Looking at it again, it's not really anything explicit. Krillin just volunteers to fight Abo and Kado, who were as strong as first form Freeza.
That doesn't warrant an upgrade then. Even Roshi was willing to fight.

Yes, agreed, now that I've refreshed my memory.

Stuck at least planet level forever. Poor Krillin.

Ryukama said:
@Matt To add on to what you said, it's stated right before Krillin "fights" SSB Goku that "With their difference in power, there's nothing Krillin can do" which further supports that Goku was indeed holding back.
And again, this is far from the first time we've seen a Dragon Ball character lower their key by orders of magnitude. Like when Bulma survived a slap from Beerus, when Hercule survived a hit from Cell, or when Trunks surpressed his power level to 5.

Android 18 I don't see problems with, since she kicked back an absurdly held back blast from Goku. So I wouldn't personally call that PIS rather, again, an example of how drastically Goku can restrain himself.
Although I agree with certain points, its just that Roshi gained his upgrade because of training which krillin also did, train, so he should at least be possibly higher or scaled somewhat to base form goku, besides you cant use examples from which are clearly different from this situation

@Radicoolade1 When there's a direct statement of SSB Goku outclassing Krillin to the point where "there's nothing he can do", he explicitly struggled with a character vastly inferior to SSB Goku right beforehand, it's a friendly sparring match where the only goal is a ring out with no killing allowed, and all logic obviously indicates that Krillin shouldn't be on par with SSB Goku, then it is more than reasonable to say Goku held back and that Krillin deserves no upgrade at all from that fight.

How are my examples "clearly different"? Goku held back his power by orders of magnitude against Krillin. Beerus held back his power by orders of magnitude with Bulma. Cell held back his power by orders of magnitude with Hercule. Trunks held back his power by orders of magnitude with the Frieza soldiers.

All these situations are similar. I mostly bring these up cause I keep hearing people say "Goku shouldn't/couldn't have held back THAT much", which is blatantly false when considering these other examples.

And funny how you call my examples unrelated when your whole argument is based off a faulty Roshi analogy. Yeah Roshi trained and Krillin trained. Difference is Roshi actually defeated Frieza soldiers who were bloodlusted. Whereas with Krillin it's clearly established that SSB Goku is holding back.

@Ryukama I meant both are PIS, so neither can be considered. The krillin fans have conviniently forgotten the low showings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back