• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Hellboy Upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omnificence

Joe, Joey, Jojo, Joseph
He/Him
I've read the Hellboy in Hell issues and it turns out there were some major changes in Hellboy's size.

In the 10th issue of Hellboy in Hell, Hellboy is shown to be larger than or at least as large as mountains. He battles creatures that are around his size and destroys one with a blast this big.

Would this be enough evidence to place Hellboy at a higher tier with a larger attack potency? If so, it'd probably be wise to grant Hellboy the Large Size ability. Or is more evidence needed in order for this to be a potential upgrade?

Is he larger? He's just higher up.

Uh, yeah, a respect thread doesn't mean shit. I could make a respect thread saying whoever is the size of a planet.

By looking at the scans I provided above, how large do you think Hellboy really is?

CreatorJoe said:
I've read the Hellboy in Hell issues and it turns out there were some major changes in Hellboy's size.
In the 10th issue of Hellboy in Hell, Hellboy is shown to be larger than or at least as large as mountains. He battles creatures that are around his size and destroys one with a blast this big.
These are the scans I'm talking about to clarify.

I looked at the scans. Hellboy is in the air, flying. He looks larger than the mountains because he's closer to the viewpoint, and the mountains are distant so they look smaller.

Promestein said:
I looked at the scans. Hellboy is in the air, flying. He looks larger than the mountains because he's closer to the viewpoint, and the mountains are distant so they look smaller.
Should Hellboy have Large Size, then? How about his attack potency and other statistics?

Promestein said:
This is probably correct.

Antvasima, what's your say on this? Do you beileve Hellboy could be at a higher tier with Large Size? Are these scans provided solid evidence to support this claim? Or should there be more feats shown in order to allow this change?

Was he stated to be enhanced from his regular state at the time?

I think we can probably get his stats finding his BMI (he has his weight and height listed) and then finding his weight by using his height and BMI. It's convoluted and not exactly reliable, but it'll work in a pinch I reckon.

So, Hellboy's official height and weight are 7 feet (2.1 m) and 396 lbs (180 kgs)
Calculating his BMI=180├À (2.1)┬▓= 41, meaning his height and weight will be in this consistent ratio.

In the scan provided, mountains reach up to his leg, and leg to height ratio is 3:4, therefore his minimum height is 610x 4├À3= 813 m

Increasing his height to 813 metres, we get x├À(813)┬▓=41, where 'x' is weight X=41 x 813┬▓=27099729 kgs.

An arm weighs approximately 5% of a person's body, so Hellboy's arm weighs =1354986.45 kgs approx.

An person punches at the speed of 25 mph or 40 ms

So, Energy generated by Hellboy in a single punch is KE= ›mv² = ›x1354986.45x40x40=1083989160 Joules or 1.08 x 10^9 Joules. At least Baseline Building level. Hmph

Hellboy's 6'11" tall and weighs 396 lbs. Dunno about his BMI, though.

Zark, based on your calcs, what does it mean for Hellboy? Are there any changes in his stats?

You can ask here for calculations: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3403260

If I can find enough evidence that proves this, do you think the upgrade can be added?

Well, we still need to know what we should upgrade him to, and a calculation would be useful for that.

I think I can help with this.

Hellboy's height = 2.10 m

Hellboy's weight = 180 kg

Giant Hellboy's height = 1490.49 m

Giant Hellboy's weight = (1490.49/2.10)^3*180 = 64357893495.91 kg, 64357893.49 Tons (Class G)

It looks like he can easily move in his giant form, so this scale to his lifting strength. Now we have to calculate his speed. For this, let's assume that his normal form is at least as fast as the Peak Human speed (12.51 m/s).

Giant Hellboy's speed = (12.51/2.10)*1490.49 = 8879.06 m/s, Mach 25.89 (High Hypersonic)

Then we can find his kinetic energy.

Giant Hellboy's KE = 0.5*(64357893495.91)*8879.06^2 = 1.21 Gigatons of TNT (Large Mountain level)

If Hellboy's giant form is considered legit, I will create a blog with this calc.

Thank you. I think that the giant form seems legitimate, yes. Feel free to create a blog post.

But is this enough to give Hellboy an upgrade, though? Or do I still need to provide more evidence?

His giant form would get an upgrade if the calculation is accepted.

No. That is not how it works. Therefir will hopefully handle this.

They say so in his blog.

My apologies, but I do not have the time for any more of this. You will have to read up more on our standard conventions and procedures on your own.

Therefir should preferably post it in a blog. You can politely ask him to do so via his message wall.

Thank you for the information.

Is somebody willing to do so?

I could if I have the time later on today. If not, who else would like to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back