• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible FTL+ feat in Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyRegulator

VS Battles
Retired
So while looking for feats I noticed in the twelfth movie, in the credits we are given an image of Arceus (1:33:00 travelling what seems to be stellar distances (presumably to the hall of origins) in seconds.

I could be mistaken but this seems to be impossible to achieve if you're only Sub-relativistic.

It should also be noted that Arceus's dimension is about twice greater than that of the Pokemon World.

Problems with this:

-Arceus is already immeasurable.

If I remember correctly on that higher plane of existence, you are at the normal speed you would travel/move so this (probably) reflects on Incomplete Arceus's speed.

-Credits

Indeed, which is why I'm uncertain if this is a valid feat. Would this be akin to taking a feat from the OP?

I think that upgrading from Sub-Relativistic to MFTL+ seems reasonable.

I can see this being upgraded from Sub-Rela to FTL+/MFTL+(?).

Not sure about his Complete form given that he has a "Likely Immeasurable" speed rank but alright...

If it's for his Incomplete form then it should be fine, I don't see why his Complete form needs it, considering that's what he used to make the Pokemon verse. If it does need it, then I'd suggest a "At least FTL+/MFTL+, Likely Immeasurable" rating.

Yeah i agree with ya, Regis. Incomplete Form, yes. Complete Form? Don't really see it but if it really needs to be added then it can be placed before it.

BTW @TMR: Dude, did you mean "MFTL+" instead of "FTL+" or....?

You can see it here at 1:33:00 onwards: https://*********.to/Anime/Pokemon-Arceus-and-the-Jewel-of-Life/Movie?id=77913 in the ending song.

The timeframe seems to be in seconds, 4-5 if we go by the time used in the movie, as he comes close to the camera before going off into the distance until we can't see him.

@CrossverseCrisis, I think he wasn't sure if that would be FTL+ or MFTL+.

Yeah, it's for its incomplete form (removed the "as well", I didn't mean to imply it wasn't) for the reasons stated and I wasn't too sure on the speed such a feat would require but I guess MFTL+ is reasonable. If it's accepted, it should be noted that it's strictly travel speed and it's combat speed is still sub-relativistic.

@RegisNex: Got'cha. *Nods*

@TMR: So your saying that because this is only his travel speed, his combat speed would still only be Sub-Relativistic like it's listed? I see. Sucks as this would actually be a nice upgrade for them but this will have to do i suppose.

Well, we can also discuss this. I suppose we can consider it as they are god tiers and FTL reactions aren't surprising for Universe level+ entities but its clearly artificial and there's no evidence that it (the light emitted) actually moves at the speed of light.

I can't watch the video atm, but FTL+ Arceus seems more than reasonable, and the screenshots seem valid.

This is for anime Arceus right? Isn't this only flight speed? What I remember from Jewel of life, Arceus reaction speed is very poor

Yes, anime Arceus. As for your question:

TheMightyRegulator said:
If it's accepted, it should be noted that it's strictly travel speed and it's combat speed is still sub-relativistic.
Flight speed is the more appropriate term though yes.

We should have proper numbers and detailed calc for MFTL I think, if we don't have that we should stick with just FTL to be conservative

I can go with that, i suppose. Since there's no calc as to how fast Arceus may have been going, FTL if not FTL+ at the most is what we'll have to go by then...

Okay, I've put in a calc request. If someone could unlock the page so I can make the appropriate adjustments until we get a response, I would be grateful.

Dragons sin said:
If arceus is immeasurable speed and isnt bound by time how can anyone even be able to perceive him ? You guys overrate pokemon a shit on.....
This is for incomplete Arceus.

Dragons sin said:
If arceus is immeasurable speed and isnt bound by time how can anyone even be able to perceive him ? You guys overrate pokemon a shit on.....
>Arceus creates space and time

>Attempting to make him FTL is overrating him

This downplay, though.

Immeasurable is complete Arceus. It's not even part of this topic. If you would like to talk about it, you should create a thread for it.

Dragons sin said:
FTL is probably fine but immeasurable ? Yeah not a chance..
Incomplete Arceus is definitely not getting immeasurable. He still had to actually fight with sealed Palkia and Dialga. Full power/complete/true/non-avatar/whatever you want to call him Arceus has to be somewhere in that ballpark though by virtue of creating the universal concepts of space and time.

Well, immeasurable requires encompassing many timelines of possibilities at once, at the very least, so maybe Infinite speed would be more appropriate for simply creating space and time?

Antvasima said:
Well, immeasurable requires encompassing many timelines of possibilities at once, at the very least, so maybe Infinite speed would be more appropriate for simply creating space and time?
"Infinite" seems like an understatement when the beings he created are omnipresent embodiments of space and time on what is at least a universal (likely significantly higher) scale.

Dragons sin said:
Incomplete or complete their both not immeasurable and what is the difference between incomplete and complete arceus a few plates ? He was still at more than half power which already debunks that
Power is not the same as speed. Also forcing yourself into a lower-dimensional space should logically restrict your speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back