• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Fairy Tail speed downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright so I've been thinking about this for awhile and I've been meaning to make this thread for awhile now I've just been busy. Now I'm aware Mach 6968 came from Erza colliding with Irene's meteor. However this is pretty off to me. We removed Erza's High 6-C due to it being a massive outlier for her due to all her bones being broken. Now this is where I'm confused. If we consider the AP itself to be an outlier shouldn't the same apply to the speed of the calc? I've seen some user's even admit that the speed should be considered as an outlier just as how we treat the AP.

Now I'll quote some of the arguments made against this and I agree with them. "Erza's speed from that meteor calc shouldn't even be accepted for the same reason the ap is not. It's an outlier. All her freaking bones were broken so how she could even move is obvious."

"ignoring whether it's a outlier or not You cannot say one part of the feat is a outlier and the other is not. It's either all ok or none of it is.

For example why this is not ok:

Erzas AP could very well be attributed to her speed from attacking the meteor, matching the KE of the meteor using the remaining strength in her arm and her momentum. and her AP is a outlier so it invalidates it that way.

Even without the above considering how wounded she was and with only a arm to move with, is pretty ridiculous, anyway."

I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts and opinions on this.

I didn't comment on the original thread so i will do it here.

1. Her bones weren't broken it was an exaggeration(likely the pain she felt) as proved since she was able to get up and hug Wendy without problems(which debunks the Wendy healed her argument as that only happen later on when Erza commented on it).

2. For one arm thing i would like to remind everyone of a certain someone Son Goku (Teenager). For some reason his feat is accepted even after he got destroyed in battle and his bones were broken with only one arm left that he used to one shot his enemie that previously destroyed him(basically Hiro Mashima copied that scene).

3. Erza destroyed the meteor with magic as shown a huge magical aura around her before the collision which means her physical damage matters much less as the damage is done with magic and not her physical strength.(so one arm or two arms matters not)

4. Erza has a ton of similar feats were in terrible conditions(The battle with Azuma and Kyoka most notably) she still keeps fighting at "full" of her power saying this feat is ridiculous for her is wrong as it's something that happens pretty much in every of her battles. (Saying it doesn't make sense and that's it's ridiculous... Well fiction doesn't make sense and we don't talk about regular humans here anyway. We have ton of verses were people fight with their bodies in conditions every human would die)

5. Funnily her feat would even make sense for some of the battles that happened like Natsu not getting one shot by Zeref and Dragonslayers surviving casual hits by Acnologia(the defeat of the both villains is stupid nonetheless , but what happened during the battle would have more sense with this feat accepted) Also, according to statments where Gray says that Barndishes power was likely the strongest he ever felt would mean she is at least comparable to a held back Acnologia and Half dead Igneel who are rated high 6-C. This was later confirmed by Erza when she said Acnologia's strength this time feels much different than the last time they meet.

^All that was just an answer on the arguments used for downgrade of her and everyone's AP.

Regarding the speed thing, at max i can inform @Aiden who can explain to why he attributed her speed even tho the AP was judged as an outlier.

For the time being just ignore everything above as we talk about speed in particular here.

@blanked for the goku part, his bones weren't completely destroyed. Piccolo just took out his arm and leg just because he had a hostage. He didn't lose any ki at all from having limbs broken.

^I am talking about Picolo's father bro when Goku used his one arm left to beat him(that's said the diffrence is not big). Also, him not losing KI from having his limbs broken= Erza not losing her magic from having her bones "broken" which as said was proved to be an exaggeration and she was likely simply in a temporarly "trauma" after the hit.

That said lets just talk about speed, i am fine with the AP thing, I just dislike the reasoning used to downgrade it that's it.

I think it wasn't considered as outlier because this site conside Laxus's lightning as real lightning speed,although i don't really remember anyone in the series react to cloud to cloud lightning from Laxus

His lightning was considered real in any case, but that is not important here. Just wait for people who accepted this in the first place to answer.

Not really, it's an outlier if it contradicts the rest of the series which it doesn't, there's other MHS+ feats all throughout the series even in the very beginning.

Adding on to Blanked's point. Homura Akemi managed to, in her 7C form, tag an Omnipresent 2A. Now an MHS grabbing an Omnipresent? That's an outlier, absorbing it when Absorbtion has literally zero other feats in the series? Nope.

And honestly? I don't see how the meteor feat is an AP outlier. Characters in shounens surpassing their limits and showcasing a newfound scale of power even while injured happens in literally every series. From Dragon Ball, to Naruto, to Bleach, to One Piece, to My Hero Academia, to Gurren Lagann, etc.

@Matthew Because this is FT

Don't know since i wasn't part of the thread. I actually can't find the thread again as it's been a while.

Unlike the AP where it wouldn't "make sense" that Erza could suddenly do what she did to Irene. (I still believe destroying Deus Sema is not an outlier, but I digress), her speed is still within the MHS+ range. Something she was already. All this is is a simple bump to her speed. Are we literally going to say everything that upgrades FT is an outlier? AP and speed are two different matters. Just because her destroying the meteor is an outlier does not mean her reaching the meteor is an outlier. In technicality those are two different feats. The feat of her reacting to and reaching the meteor, and then the feat of her actually destroying the meteor.

I honestly fail to see the argument for it being an outleir for it not "Making sense". Shouldn't we argue based on what happens rather than what we want to / think should happen?

There are plenty of series which don't make any sense. That's like saying all Gurren Lagann feats are invalid because nothing makes sense.

If someone can find the thread were the downgrade happens maybe that would help...

Also, @Matthew is pretty much saying my thoughts here.

@Matthew Like throwing galaxies at your enemies.(I still love that scene.)

I will find said thread a little later. Give me a few minutes. I have a few things I gotta do first.

Tbh even after all this I don't get why her feat are consider outtier, she have so many BS fight along with other FT characters

Beating Irene may be outtier but I don't see why the feat of destroying the metro itself consider one

Matt and Dragon spoke my thought. I honestly don't get it why the AP feat was considered as outlier. It's not like she did the feat with the body part that was broken. Tho I can't do anything back then since I wasn't a member yet.

Shounen Jump series all have bullshit fights. The downgrade mainly stems from the disbelief that Ezra could have simply become stronger by the end of the battle. This is a ridiculously common trope in shounen manga.

>Main Character is losing to clearly stronger villain

>Main Character gets newfound resolve / motivation to fight

>Main Character suddenly grows in power allowing for them to defeat the villain

This is like, the simplest trope in the whole genre. There are even series which are so aware that this is a trope that they make it a literally energy source in-universe.

It's FT bias at it's absolute finest when it came to this downgrade.

I agree with it being readded

Matt summed up my thoughts. But I already know "Nakama Power BS" is gonna be thrown around...

Well yeah

There no actual reason to consider this an outlier, Erza may got zenkai boost after being nearly killed by her mother and become stronger

I mean it's shonen manga with terrible battles writing

Matthew Schroeder said:
Shounen Jump series all have bullshit fights. The downgrade mainly stems from the disbelief that Ezra could have simply become stronger by the end of the battle. This is a ridiculously common trope in shounen manga.
>Main Character is losing to clearly stronger villain

>Main Character gets newfound resolve / motivation to fight

>Main Character suddenly grows in power allowing for them to defeat the villain

This is like, the simplest trope in the whole genre. There are even series which are so aware that this is a trope that they make it a literally energy source in-universe.
Fairy tal is not shounen jump series by the way ~

@Blanked

@Dragon

Isn't emotions / motivation / willpower enhancing one's power something that is literally brought up in Fairy Tail? Cause if so, then it is like Saint Seiya, Gurren Lagann, Precure and Undertale, and the "Lol Muh Nakama BS power" argument has even less validation than normal.

@Matthew well the fact that the first magic, the origin of all magic in FT is love, I think is enough of an answer.

Than you have Zeref literraly sayings ones powers are contested to their emotions and many other things.

It happens a second before Natsu one shots Sting and Rogue.

I have problems with connection so if someone else can do it.

Mavis also says something like that before Erza beats Minerva and Laxus beats Jura and Gray and Juvia beat Lyon and Cherria. It's all done in one chapter.

Hope that helps to find them cause my connection won't allow me to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back