• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible explanation for the range of Over Heaven abilities

(This is conjecture, though I made sure to be reasonable with my explanation)

Right before DIO attempts to kill Jotaro in Eyes of Heaven, he seems to 'overwrite' the universe. We do need to acknowledge that he did this while amped by the Holy Corpse and everyone's souls, however. Even then, from what we can infer, DIO's (and therefore Jotaro's) Over Heaven abilities (meaning Reality Overwrite to an extent) can affect others from a distance, such as when he used Reality Overwrite with The World Over Heaven to nullify Gold Experience Requiem's Reset to Zero, taking into consideration the distance at first between the DIO and Giorno. Otherwise, DIO wouldn't have moved from his spot at all (like this), and Gold Experience Requiem would **** him and his Stand up (since the ability seems to be passive and activated automatically should Giorno be under some form of threat). However, if he wants to directly overwrite them—i.e. erasing them from existence or completely manipulating the reality of that person—he'll have to make physical contact with them by hand. I think that DIO can nullify abilities that manifest as a phenomenon and not something physical from a distance.

What do you think?

tbh I always just assumed his reality overwrite was granted a giga **** you amp upon absorbing the 36 souls and the corpse which is what allowed him to **** with the universe at large. Actually I'm pretty sure that was the plot and his goal.

>since the ability seems to be passive and activated automatically should Giorno be under some form of threat

As far as EOH is concerened, it's manually activated. Although the dude absorbs the full corpse so you may still be right even if not for the GER reasoning.

Yeah? But the way it's described later is that GER only attempted to actually do so, as commanded by Giorno, to RTZ when they clashed fists, in which it failed because it was countered by direct contact.

Back