• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Egyptian Mythology Downgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Assaltwaffle

VS Battles
Retired
I notice that a lot of the Egyptian top tiers, including Ra, are Low 2-C by powerscaling. It seems that they scale from Heh and Nut (Egyptian mythology).

Now, am I wrong to question the justification for the Universe+ level ratings of these two? Being infinite in size and composing said infinite universe, in the case of Nut, seems like a solid High 3-A feat, but not a Low 2-C one. The justification for Heh is even more sketchy. He is the Egyptian god of eternity and infinity, and is listed as Universe+ because of this. For one, being eternally alive is not a justification for any attack potency; a normal human could be eternal and still be a normal human in power. If he truly is infinite, as his title would imply, wouldn't he be on the same level of Nut's infinity, which is 3-dimensional, rather than crossing into 4-dimensional power? Neither of these seem to say that they branch into space-time itself. You can be one with the universe (3-A) and infinite in size (High 3-A) and still not cross into being one with or creating/controlling the universal space-time continuum.

Is there any justification outside this in order to establish their power as 4-D, rather than just infinitely 3-D? Any information is greatly appreciated.

Heh was agreed to be downgraded to High 3-A several months ago, not sure why he was upgraded to Low 2-C again.

Being a Universe with a space-time would be a Low 2-C case, so Nut's Low 2-C status should be fine.

Is Nut really one with the entire space-time of the universe? Being infinite in physical size seems very contradictory to that notion.

In any case, it may be best to go ahead and put Heh back down to High 3-A instead of Low 2-C regardless of what is determined here.

Heh is the embodiment of Infinity and Eternity.

He alongside the three other members of the Ogdoad are still beneath Ra in the hierarchy, as he is the Supreme God.

The universe is composed of order, embodied in the Goddess Ma'at.

The opposite of order is Chaos, embodied in Apep, the serpent who faces Ra every night.

Why does Ra fight Apep every night? Because for there to be day, he must go through the night / space, Nut. Nut herself is the infinite wall that separates order and chaos. It's through Nut that Chaos doesn't flood the universe and destroy it. For there to be night and the dawn, Ra flies through Nut and faces Apep in the chaos outside, and in every morning he is born again from Nut giving the dawn.

Unless I am missing something that still seems like 3-A to High 3-A stuff. The only part of Heh that matters is infinity, since eternity has nothing to do with destructive power.

That is a nonsense claim. Infinity has to do with Space. Eternity has to do with Time.

Being Infinite and Eternal would literally make you a Space-Time Continuum, with infinite space and infinite time.

The way I see it, being eternal means you will forever be present within a space-time continuum. I do not think that it means that it means you are one with the space-time continuum. It seems that Darkanine also agrees with my proposal in regards to Heh. Is there any way to highlight this and get more opinions?

Matthew Schroeder said:
Heh is the Embodiment of Infinity and Eternity. He is the God of Space and Time.

So simple.
Well it seems not so simple to not only a regular user, but also to Darkanine. Being infinite in power is, at minimum, High 3-A. Being eternal means existing forever, throughout all of time. It does not indicate you have absolute control over and exist in unity with time, at least to me. Nut seems like even more of a High 3-A based on your description. Being a literal infinite wall between the chaos and order or the universe sounds like High 3-A.

No. It doesn't mean that. At all.

He embodies Eternity.

I.E, he is the embodiment of Time.

How hard is it to understand that?

He embodies it? It does not say he is the embodiment of it on his page. If so alright. What about Nut?

Yeah, the Egyptian Gods, specially it's primordial deities are very much embodiments. Such as Ma'at who is the Embodiment of Universal Order, Apep the Universal Chaos. Ra himself is Creation / Light. Nut embodies space / the skies

The Ogdoad are primal concepts that make-up reality.

I think that Matthew makes sense, but perhaps the rationales should be better clarified within the profiles?

LoyalservantofInti said:
I agree with the downgrade.
Well Heh being the embodiment of infinity and eternity is a pretty solid Low 2-C feat, though he needs a clearer page. The only one I am not altogether convinced by is Nut (Ra and Apep are fine since they scale from Heh). Either way their pages need cleaning up and clarification.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back