• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible downgrades for the Courier/Lone Wanderer + a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you summarise the changes that you wish to perform please?

Well, as for the courier:

His last key (Which is listed as 8-B on the profile, currently) should be given a tweak so it'd be listed at "8-B, likely higher (with the + sign in the attack potency and durability section) with the reason in parentheses being changed to "Various energy weapons are capable of reducing gigantic Roboscorpions into small piles of ash", with the "likely higher" section stating (Various weapons can deal much more damage than the aforementioned laser weaponry), in this case:

9-B | 9-A | 8-B, likely higher

His durability key would be City Block level+ and would list that he is capable of surviving blasts from his own laser weaponry and even stronger attacks (Such as those from the giant roboscorpions, deathclaws, etc.)

Speed would be changed to "Subsonic movement speed with Transonic combat speed and reactions (Capable of moving at a fraction of the speed that the soundwaves generated from the Sonic Emitter fly at, and can dodge said projectiles at close range) with Subsonic to Supersonic+ attack speed (Capable of striking targets comparable to - and even faster than - himself, and has access to weaponry such as sniper rifles and the like)

I'm not too sure about the V.A.T.S part, though. If the Courier can view bullets as frozen with the use of time manipulation that stops everything including his own actions aside from interacting with vats, I'm not really sure that could be considered combat or reaction speeds. If it's a form of statistics amplifications, then it'd probably just be Massively Hypersonic to Massively Hypersonic+ reactions to view stuff like soundwaves and bullets as frozen (If we assume he views them at the same speed as a garden snail, or 0.001 M/S).

As for the statistics regarding the other 3-D fallout game characters, I'm not too sure.

Well, I suppose that your suggested changes seem fine, but do not know how to handle the time manipulation.

I'm willing to say that it could possibly scale to other endgame fallout protags due to the weapon question being a tri-laser rifle (which is additionally available in fallout 3 and fallout 4), but this is highly questionable.

I personally believe this can scale to guys like Legate Lanius, Ulysses, and perhaps a few variants of Deathclaws/Cazadores. All of these enemies prove a valid threat to the endgame courier and can endure hits from weapons that can vaporize the giant roboscorpion.

The accepted changes should be fine to apply, yes.

I apologize for the intrusion, but would nothing here scale to the Vault Dweller and Chosen One?

Im not sure how I feel about the Wanderer and Survivor being superior to the likes of the Chosen One to be more specific.

Is anybody reasonably experienced willing to perform the edits?

Can somebody remind me what is left to do here?

Okay. If this was accepted by me and others in he previous discussion, I think that this should probably be fine to apply.

Gargoyle One said:
Moira Brown can tank a nuke (albeit she gets turned into a ghoul), which should scale to a lot of characters. Ulysses is another character that can tank a nuke and can resist being turned into a ghoul (albeit with a gas mask).

Moira didn't tank a nuke. Not only does that make zero sense she says she was out of town when it happened

> Lone Wanderer: The bomb in town just blew up. You're lucky to be alive!

> Moira: Wow! Who would have thought a town built around a bomb could be so dangerous? Good thing I wasn't in town at the time, huh? Man, that could have really done a number on me!

Same thing with Ulysses's. He didn't tank a direct explosion from the Divide's nuclear arensal.

Qawsedf234 said:
Moira didn't tank a nuke. Not only does that make zero sense she says she was out of town when it happened
> Lone Wanderer: The bomb in town just blew up. You're lucky to be alive!

> Moira: Wow! Who would have thought a town built around a bomb could be so dangerous? Good thing I wasn't in town at the time, huh? Man, that could have really done a number on me!

Same thing with Ulysses's. He didn't tank a direct explosion from the Divide's nuclear arensal.
Contradiction. She would have to be ground zero, considering she gets turned into a ghoul instantly and she's shown to be at the entrance of Megaton Ruins.

"Don't be silly, I just got some gunk on my face after the explosion..." "Did you hurt your head in that big explosion?" That implies she was near the bomb when it went off.

Like with Moira, it was ground zero.

> She would have to be ground zero, considering she gets turned into a ghoul instantly and she's shown to be at the entrance of Megaton Ruins.

She could've been turned into a Ghoul and just walked back. She doesn't need to be at ground zero

> "Don't be silly, I just got some gunk on my face after the explosion..." "Did you hurt your head in that big explosion?" That implies she was near the bomb when it went off.

Explosions are big and kick up stuff. She could be far away and still be effected by the explosion. Plus here being able to survive a ground zero attack makes no sense as a pistol can kill her and 99% of other humans

Qawsedf234 said:
> She would have to be ground zero, considering she gets turned into a ghoul instantly and she's shown to be at the entrance of Megaton Ruins.
She could've been turned into a Ghoul and just walked back. She doesn't need to be at ground zero

> "Don't be silly, I just got some gunk on my face after the explosion..." "Did you hurt your head in that big explosion?" That implies she was near the bomb when it went off.

Explosions are big and kick up stuff. She could be far away and still be effected by the explosion. Plus here being able to survive a ground zero attack makes no sense as a pistol can kill her and 99% of other human.
She would have to be close enough for it to the point that it burned all of her skin off rather than it flaking slowly. Even in New Vegas, NCR members are shown to turn into ghouls instantly after an explosion. And after some research, it appears she only says that line if you don't complete the Wasteland Survival Guide quest.

A pistol, for an example, can kill The Courier but you don't go by the low-end of things.

I also think Qaesad makes sense

I also think Courier and Legate Lanius should be uodated considering this was concluded long ago

Yes, the accepted changes are fine to apply.

I might as well make the changes to Legate Lanius' and the Courier's profile now if we've concluded the conversation.

I think I'll make a new thread at some point down the line to see if the others should scale

Until then, I think this is concluded

Good idea. I'm relatively certain that there are a variety of entities capable of enduring hits from the same/comparable types of weapons in the game. A lot of entities also definitely scale to the speed feat, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back