• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Consensual (?) Time Loops

Agnaa

VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
Translation Helper
Gold Supporter
Bump.

Bump.

Bump.

Bump.

Bump.

Bump.

So, you sent someone to the past physically? I mean it is possible to find your past self?

Some times, a loop seems like that but only if the focus is in the affected one, the rest will continue its normal life, although, that is what I can say with the few details I got.

We haven't actually seen it be used, only the description given.

That someone can be sent to the past (unclear if this is consciousness transfer or physical transfer), but that they'd be unable to change anything, and thus, they'd ask to get sent back again.

What more details do I need to give?

Let me guess how the thing works: there's a guy, it live a normal live up ti a point where is sent to the past. Because of fate, he is unable to change history, and is impossible for him to tell something to his past self cuz universal rules avoid it.

Another scenario, the conciousness of someone is translated to the past, he try to change the stuff in the past but due universal rules he is unable to due so; finally it reach to the nexus point where he is sent once again back in time, still being unable to make any change. That would be a timeloop for him, but for everyone else would run "normally".

It is one of these two options.

Sure, it seems like something like that, although it's unclear if the time loop is "forced" or not, since the god just says the character would ask to be sent back every time, and so the god would send the character back.

Is this solid enough to put down as Time Manipulation on a profile and how should something like this play out in battles?

Sending someone is back in Time Manipulation, if the timestream is immutable then that is hownthe verse work.

It's time manip but idk if it's applicable. I know of a character who can do a definitely applicable version though, so it is possible.

I think not being able to change fate is just a weakness of the verse's time travel/convention of the verse.

Mmkay, thanks.

Back