• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible addition of select abilities from Shin Megami Tensei: IMAGINE

These abilities include:

- The ability to absorb Almighty attacks, which provides immunity to skills such as Megiddo Ark (Satan's most powerful Almighty spell in Apocalypse), Mouth of God (YHVH's instant-kill attack in both Shin Megami Tensei II and IV Apocalypse), Infinite Light (Kagutsuchi's most powerful Almighty spell), Supernova (one of YHVH's most powerful Almighty spells in Apocalypse), and Singularity Wave (Stephen's most powerful attack in Apocalypse).

Dsgqwherh

- The ability to use both physical skills and magic at no cost.

- ...and Immunity to knockback.

Screenshot 22

While IMAGINE may not have been made by Atlus themselves, it was made with their blessing, so I believe these additions to be valid. If the admins are unwilling, then that's understandable.

Here are two wiki links: One containing the stats and abilities Demi-Fiend has in IMAGINE, and his page on the official Megami Tensei Wiki (which itself contains a link to the former, for verification of its legitimacy).

- http://megaten.sesshou.com/wiki/index.php/King_of_Chaos_Demi-Fiend

- http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Demi-fiend

ADDENDUM:

I would also like to post a link to the JP IMAGINE wiki, further cementing that this addition would be legitimate.

- http://megatenonline.wiki.fc2.com/wiki/þò░þòîµû░Õ«┐ÒâÉÒâÖÒâ½

Specifically, I would like to point out this section:

µÀÀµ▓îþÄïõ║║õ┐«þ¥àÒü¿Õ»¥µêªÒüÖÒéïÚÜÄÕ▒ñÒÇé

µºÿÒÇàÒü¬Ú½ÿÕ¿üÕèøÒé╣Òé¡Òâ½ÒéÆÚºåõ¢┐ÒüùÒÇü9999Õø║Õ«ÜÒâÇÒâíÒâ╝Òé©Òü«Õ░äµÆâÒé╣Òé¡Òâ½ÒéƵîüÒüúÒüªÒüäÒéïÒÇé

Ú½ÿÞÇɵǺÒéƵîüÒüíÒÇüþá┤Ú¡ö/Õ欵«║/Ú¡öÕèø/þÑ×þÁî/þ▓¥þÑ×Òü»þäíÕè╣ÒÇüÞç¬þêå/õ©çÞâ¢Òü»ÕÉ©ÕÅÄÒÇé

Which roughly translates to:

"Floor on which (the player) fights King of Chaos Demi-Fiend.

Uses many high-power skills, including a Gun type skill that deals a fixed damage of 9999.

Has high resistances (to most attacks); immunity to Light, Dark, Charm, Nerve, and Mind Spells; and absorbs Self-destruct and Almighty."

20067270 109879509620670 5557903189598011392 n

NOTE: Demi-Fiend's ability to absorb Almighty attacks would NOT necessitate an overall tier change, though it may qualify for a durability upgrade, or perhaps abilities related to Almighty Absorption. I'll leave that up to the admins.

On second thought, it might be fair to say Almighty Absorption falls under Attack Absorption.

That said, the ability to use physical skills and magic at no cost seems like a noteworthy ability to add.

It would be a fairly innocuous addition, which wouldn't affect his tier, speed, etc..

Imagine Demi-Fiend's tier would be the exact same as it was when Demi-Fiend went down the True Demon Route in Nocturne. (Imagine Demi-Fiend is shown to be one of Lucifer's generals in the anniversary event where his first boss battle takes place, which implies he went down the TDE path.)

Kaltias said:
It probably doesn't affect the tier, but the additions look fine
Yeah, the tier wouldn't be affected. Durability-wise would be a strong maybe, but that's about as far as it goes in terms of stat-changing, though.

- Absorption to Almighty attacks (Could fall under Attack Absorption anyway, but maybe it could be considered separate - I figured it was noteworthy since no other demon in mainline could outright ABSORB Almighty. That and the implications of such an ability struck me as interesting. That's up to you, though.)

- Able to use Physical Skills and Magic at no cost.

Admittedly, I probably put a bit too much effort into the post, considering only two of the skills were worth adding, but... eh.

Back