• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Abillity revision for Kirby (smash bros)

AguilaR101 said:
Crossovers aren't canon.
im talking about the profile about smash bros kriby Kirby (Smash Bros.). not the regular, in unvierse profile Kirby (Character) . im saying Smash bros kriby should have the powers that he gains from others fighers in game on his profile. For example kirby can inhale mario and gain the abillity to shoot fire balls, so he should have fire manipulation.

I suppose that this seems to make sense, although the profile might get too cluttered if it would really list all of the powers.

Perhaps it would be better to simply write a note that he can copy their move sets, and link to an external list in a Smash Bros wiki, or something similar?

It is a problem if we do so in the powers and abilities section, since the Superpower wiki does not share our standards and conventions, but I do not think that linking to a list of moves in another wiki, in order to not make the profile too long, should be that much of a problem. However, other staff members might disagree.

Antvasima said:
It is a problem if we do so in the powers and abilities section, since the Superpower wiki does not share our standards and conventions, but I do not think that linking to a list of moves in another wiki, in order to not make the profile too long, should be that much of a problem. However, other staff members might disagree.

Maybe instead of putting it in the powers and abilities sections, the copy abilites can be put in tab in the techniques section. Like how the Kirby (Character) has tabs a that lists the abilities of his individual transformations. it wont overly inflate the power section and its easier to access his moves without having to link to a different site.

I suppose that would work, yes.

Personally, I would much rather put in the extra effort and just list all of them the way I do on Final Fantasy profiles.

Is it a ton of work? Yes. But it keeps up from looking like a bunch of lazy bums who can't be bothered to write their own descriptions.

I plan on doing this for a LOT of profiles once school is out for me.

Reppuzan said:
Personally, I would much rather put in the extra effort and just list all of them the way I do on Final Fantasy profiles.

Is it a ton of work? Yes. But it keeps up from looking like a bunch of lazy bums who can't be bothered to write their own descriptions.

I plan on doing this for a LOT of profiles once school is out for me.
What's wrong with what I did for Kirby?

@Cal

There's nothing wrong with what you did for Kirby, but this is talking about Smash Kirby.

What I do take issue with is the general treatment of Pokemon profiles, as all of the moves are just linked off-site without actually attempting to convert them into something useful for this wiki (i.e. Espeo).

I never meant this as a personal attack, it's just a general observation of mine that a lot of profiles from verses with a lot of character are extremely bare.

For instance, Bartz Klauser doesn't have a lot of info either.

Energy Manipulation: Samus, Fox, Falco, Ryu, R.O.B., Ness, Mii Gunner, Palutena, Mewtwo, Cloud

Homing Attack: Palutena,

Weapon Mastery: Link, Toon Link, Fox, Falco, Wolf, Pit, Dark Pit, Samus, ZSS, Sheik, Roy, Ike, Mii Gunner, Bayonetta, Bowser Jr., Marth, Megaman, etc.

Elemental Manipulation: (Fire) Roy, Charizard, Ike, Bowser, Mario, Luigi, Captain Falcon, Ness, (Electricity) Pikachu, Pichu, Robin, Olimar (Olimar's pikmin can yield all elementals), (Water) Greninja, Corrin, Squirtle, (Ice) Ice Climbers, Lucas, (Wind) Meta Knight,

Explosives: Snake, Duck Hunt

Attack Reflection: Villager, Zelda, Peach,

Enhanced Strength: DK, Captain Falcon, Little Mac,

General Statistics Amplification: Shulk

You get the idea.

I like reppuzans idea to list them. So we could add the general abilities that arbitrary listed, and then have a list of the moves and what they do in the technique section.

@Eficiente

Not really. He just gets stronger the closer he is to being knocked out.

Aura Manipulation: Lucario

Food Manipulation: Mr. Game and Watch

Drug Manipulation: Dr. Mario

Light Manipulation: Wii Fit Trainer

Enhanced Devouring: Yoshi, Dedede, Wario

Magic: Zelda, Robin

I don't know what Pac-Man's would count for

Are there any more I'm missing?

I mean Frying Pan manipulation isn't a thing. Kirby clearly inherits G&W's ability to create objects out of thin air.

Vehicular Mastery for basically everyone via items.

Isn't having objects out of nothing matter manipulation at an useless level?

No, it's hammerspace. Like how elephants in some cartoons can completely conceal themselves behind palm trees and stuff. It takes a big leap of faith to say that Mr. Game and Watch is just wololoing things into existence.

Back