• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Porygon2 vs Neo

Saikou_The_Lewd_King

The King of all Things Lewd
VS Battles
Retired
The Savior of Humanity vs A Duck

Matrix Reloaded Neo, Porygon2 is..Porygon2. Speed is Equalized.

Battle takes place in a Neutral Simulation, although Neo has still his matrix-related powers. Porygon2 isn't allowed to leave the simulation. Win via death or incapacitation.

Im really torn on this one.

So I'm assuming neo doesn't get his a causality here? Not an expert on the matrix series.

But does neos acausality go to the extent that he cannot be affected by paralysis, freeze, burn, etc? If not, I would give it to 2 as it would buy him time top spam thunderbolts and such until he wins. Otherwise I cannot decide; neo has ohko and intangibility while 2 has reactive evolution which may or may not grant resistance to such abilities.

Such a good matchup though... They have blow by blow counters via Regenerationn and flight, neo possesses ohk and intangibility, while 2 has reactive evo and stat ailment reflection... I don't know.

WeeklyBattles said:
Question, could porygon2 insert its code into the matrix and rewrite it?
I highly doubt it. The Matrix appears to be an alternate reality. I doubt Porygon2 has the sufficient hax or range to do that, and he doesn't have any form of reality warping like Porygon-Z does.

Even if he were able to do it, I doubt he would have enough data inside him to rewrite The Matrix and its entirety.

Again, I'm not an expert on the Matrix series, so I don't know. I should probably watch it so I can gain equal respect for both of these characters, because I feel like my bias for Porygon2 is clouding my judgement here somehow.

Yeah its an alternate reality but its all inside a computer, its all virtual, and i couldve sworn the Matrix was hacked before...

Okay, so I've already clarified that I'm not an expert on the matrix series, so I'm gonna need a clarification as to what a "Neutral Simulation" is, and what abilities Neo would be able to use in this matchup.

I also don't know what the profile means by "Minor precognition". I know it's a weaker version of precognition, obviously, but in what way is it inferior to traditional precognition? I'd like a clarification on that as well please.

@Weekly, if that's true, then I may give it to Pory. But I don't recall the Porygon family having hacking abilities, especially since Porygon clearly wasn't able to "rewrite" cyberspace to deal with the Vaccines. And Porygon2 has literally no feats whatsoever other than being immensely superior to the original Porygon.

Porygon - "A Pokémon that consists entirely of programming code. Capable of moving freely in cyberspace."

"It is capable of reverting itself entirely back to program data in order to enter cyberspace. A Porygon is copy-protected so it cannot be duplicated." (Which is tecnhically Intangibility)

Porygon2 would definitely be capable of the same, considering its just an ugraded version of Porygon

Pre-cog should be countered by reactive evolution.

Neo will be burned,paralyzed and frozen since Porygon can reflect status ailments.

Porygon can amp it's stats to give it the edge

So I give it to porygon

@Weekly

So basically, you're saying Porygon2 is essentially part of the matrix, or it could simply become one with the matrix and become semi-omnipresent? I would say that seems legit, but I don't know how being able to turn into data would equate to warping virtual reality.

Pretty much, the entirety of the Matrix is computer geerated. If Porygon2 transforms itself into comupter data and inserts itself into the Matrix's code it can pretty much do whatever it wants, sorta like how at the end of the movie where Neo saw the world as a bunch of 1s and 0s and was able to manipulate it except better.

I think I can finally come to a conclusion based on other opinions presented in this thread.

Porygon2 would probably take this.

Stat amplification would allow Porygon2 to give himself a general edge.

Conversion/Conversion 2 would give Porygon2 the ability to turn into Neo's "type" and gain some augmentated resistance towards some of his hax.

Since Porygon2 is made entirely out of programming code, he would likely have some intangibility as well, which would cancel out Neo's intangibility and the OHKO hax via Internal Combustion.

Also, Porygon2 can use Lock-On to practically guarantee landing hits on Neo.

So basically Porygon2 would spam agility for a bit, fire a thunderwave to keep him from healing, user conversion to become his "type", Lock-On to him and hit him with a zap cannon or whatever. Even if Porygon2 gets hit, he'd be able to user Recover and Conversion 2 to cover for it.

The only thing Neo really has going for him here is his Minor Precognition, and I'm not even sure what the profile means by that.

Also, taking Weekly's speculations into consideration, I think Porygon2 should definitely win this with low difficulty. Otherwise 2 would likely win with mid-difficulty, simply by virtue of minor precognition.

So now the Porygon family has Selective Intangibility and Invisibility by virtue of being able to turn into data, as well as its battle intro animation in Crystal.

This makes the odds even more in favor of Porygon2.

I'd give it to Neo. While Porygon has some... neat tricks... Neo's island feat would surely do something along with his similar hax.

Mr. Bambu said:
I'd give it to Neo. While Porygon has some... neat tricks... Neo's island feat would surely do something along with his similar hax.
The version of Neo in this fight is only Large Building level

Ah. Well then yes, Porygon curbstomps.

Back