• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Popeye The Sailor man Vs Pucca

He can't break her forcefield at all since it requires him to break it with his AP, which is lower, and the forcefield passively forms around her.

Wait, passively, so she doesn't have to activate them? Can she still physically attack while in her forcefield or does she have to lower it to be able to attack directly and rely on her powers while it is up? How durable are her forcefields?

She was attackng Ring Ring while the forcefield was active. It should bare minimum scale to her AP, which Popeye is below from what the profile show and the arguments shown for his AP. So he's not breaking the forcefield.

I remember Pops using hypnosis in other cartoons, but that could just be me. Moving on, his hypnosis seems damn near instant (It takes a grand total of 2, maybe 3 seconds at most.) So all Popeye would have to do is say "You don't want to fight me..." and he wins. Otherwise, if such a trick doesn't work, then there's basically no way for Popeye to win this fight. Since apparantly is AP is too low to smash through Pucca's shield (i'm extremely iffy about this, but it doesn't really matter.) and 90% of his insta-kill attacks are punch based, so either Popeye mindhaxes Pucca, or Pucca curb stomps the sailor.

Wait, he needs to speak to do it and make sure she hears him? The passive shield comes with a loud ass storm and pushes people away. Pucca curbstomps him in more scenarios then Popeye uses an out of character technique.

Well, than I guess she wins by knockout. It will probably take her a while to do it due to his experience, greater flight, and temporary invulnerability with spinach, but if he can't get past her passive forcefield, he has no way to win.

GiverOfThePeace The battle doesn't specify if the fight is in character or not, the move takes 2/3 seconds, and Pucca has enhanced senses. Stop with the "not in character" BS. Pucca doesn't instantly summon her shield in every fight she was in, so technically her shield is somewhat out of character. But again, either it's a "You are only prolonging the envitable" stomp, or Popeye insta-wins via mindhax... Nothing you said disproves what I said...

The battle actually does specify that, let me quote standard battle assumptions since you've clearly misread it:

"State of mind: In character, but willing to kill. The characters will employ their usual battle strategies, including flaws such as being casual, however, must be willing to kill the opponent even if they usually won't."

So yes the battle does specify that. Ok so once again you've refused to understand the premise being presented to you, I will quote this one more time from the Standard Battle Assumptions page, "Character version: The strongest canon version of a character is used, that we have listed. The strongest version being defined as the one with the highest tier; if there are multiple versions with the same tier, then the most recent version." Unrestricted is listed on the profile, Unrestricted is her strongest canon version, the forcefields come out passively. Ignoring this any further is an invicible ignorance fallacy and concession via burden of rejoinder.

The shield isn't out of character because she's only ever went unrestricted once and the shield was passive. It's not prolonging the inevitable, if Popeye can't harm her she incaps him since his hyponosis is dumbly out of character and she can just BFR him through time if we're gonna use out of character options. No, everything I said disproves your argument, you can continue to be stubborn on the points but you've objectively been debunked on all your points thusfar. Pucca wins in far more scenarios then popeye.

Flinn has been way too aggressive and pointless in his argumentation. Chill out, and learn how debating works.

Regardless, there's not much beyond false equivalences and baseless assumptions. The only one "cutting at straws" has been Redacted and so I say Pucca FRA.

Ah well. There's still more fights Popeye can have.

I must say, this Pucca must be quite a capable combatant. Defeating Popeye is no easy feat. Very impressive for a preteen. I know he has a number of losses listed, but his opponents were quite OP even for 4-C.

Back