• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SpongeBob vs Popeye: "Nautical Nonsense" (7-0-0)

Popeye decided to spend a day at Goo Lagoon with Olive Oyl for a nice day out, and he saw that there was an anchor-throwing competition for the strongest, most muscular people to enter. Upon entering the competition, Popeye ends up on top, surpassing the likes of Larry the Lobster and even Sandy Cheeks. Amazed at his strength, SpongeBob approaches the brave sailor and asks him if he would like to engage in a friendly kah-rah-tay spar with him. They agree and shake hands. "May the best toon win."

SpongeBob is 4-A, and Popeye is High 4-C

Speed is =

Fight is at Goo Lagoon

"I'm ready!": 7

"I yam what I yam, and dat's what I yam!":

Inconclusive:

FnSPDONXEAAtSVu.jpg

Last edited:
Neither character can realistically kill each other, and both of them have sufficient abilities to circumvent getting knocked out... Maybe SpongeBob will drive Popeye to give up because of how annoying SpongeBob can be, or because of Krabby Patties. He will most likely succeed due to options such as supernatural luck or plot manipulation. I vote for SpongeBob winning.

Back