• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Popeye The Sailor man Vs Pucca

Both of those... Involve transforming into a stone based material and back again with zero effort at all. You're cutting straws dude... It's like saying if I turned Beast Boy into a sheep, he'd be struck as a sheep forever because he doesn't have resistance to transformation on his profile.

Plus, can pucca resist matter manipulation, decontruction, and transmutation? If not, Popeye could kill her with a single slap...

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Petrification

"Albeit depending on how fast the process is, it might not be an instant win button. Petrification is also a fairly popular fictional ability which means a number of characters have resistance to these. Resistance to transmutation/matter manipulation or at times via resistance to magic (if the ability is magical) can also negate petrification."

All you've shown is that he has shapeshifting, he can give himself concious thought when he's transforming cause he's not being forcibly transformed without his consent. The beast boy analogy is a false equivalence.

All of the stuff the genie turned into gold turned back to normal, it's on his profile dude. ignoring it doesn't change anything. Turning popeye into stone wouldn't work.

How am I ignoring it? The scan you showed didn't prove anything. And again if it's magic based transmutation it doesn't matter regardless since Pucca's isn't magic.

@Stalker No, turning into stone doesn't require you to regenerate from anything.

1. Pucca... Not being magic? I'm gonna call massive bull on that. Pucca uses magic all the time, her petrification is a magic based ability. Popeye can freely transform back and forth into stone at will, can manipulate and fuse matter, is immune to transmutation, and can deconstruct matter. If you have a problem with abilities Popeye has on his profile, make a CRT and prove he doesn't have it.

2. Plus you ignored my other question, can Pucca resist matter manipulation, deconstruction, and transmutation? If not, Pucca dies from a few of Popeye's blows (barring the not hitting women thing).

So your reasoning for why the petrification is magic is because of the random assumption that she uses magic based abilities? That's a nice false equivalence, hasty generalization, and argument from incredulity. I've already refuted the stone part and see nothing you listed thats an immunity, even then it's specifically to magic which Pucca's isn't. Hers derives from Garu's petrification and Garu uses ninjutsu, not magic. I never said I had a problem I said the scan you used to prove it is inadequete as it lacks any form of context.

I ignored this because you didn't even explain how any of those work.

So ninjitsu isn't a form of magic in the Pucca universe? Prove it. Add onto the fact that she exists in a world where magic exists, is friends with magical gods based on Buddhist Mythology, and once gained the powers of a Genie... None of that shit is magic? Seriously? Moving on... An ability which turns you to stone, would work on someone who can turn himself into stone at will... That's extremely contradictive and illogical. Popeye has resistance to transmutation on his profile, period. Popeye can resist transmutation, petrification and transmutation are extremely similar abilities...If you don't believe me, read his profile page.

Popeye is a brawler type character... All he has to do is strike her. That's it. He doesn't even need to eat spinach to deconstruct and fuse matter, but it does make those abilities more potent.

Why would I need to prove a negative? All I can say is it hasn't been shown to be and it's treated as different from magic. Mythological beings are supernatural, them being "magic" depends on the mythos. Getting the powers of a Genie only gives her possible magic, and I never argued her other stuff isn't magic based I said her petrification isn't. He tuns himself into a stone with consent, I've already refuted this, ad naseum. You said it's magic based which I've been going on saying Pucca's isn't magic.

So he needs to reach 4km before Pucca just decides to either, throw something at him, power mimic him, etc. Also now that I think about it, how high into Large Star is popeye?

1. Cut as many straws as you want, Pucca has magic powers, and Popeye has been transformed into different things without his consent before.

2. He Hit Bluto so hard that he destroyed stellar constellations, So i'd imagine above baseline...

Alright if you're just going to deny that the petrification isn't done magically and refute with "cut as many straws as you want" I'm taking that as a concession on the petrification being magic. Show the cases please.

"although this was done by letting him bounce between different stars, not at once"

K so it's barely baseline to slightly above baselline being nice.

Pucca scales above a constellation feat consisting of 40+ stars. Since SBA gives us the strongest canon versions, this is Pucca when she's unrestricted, giving her a passive shield that can't be broken unless you have > AP.

1. Ok, kinda a weird concession. But i'm just saying, turning someone to sto

2. He defeated Yosemite Sam, who created a contellation Fighting Marvin, so to to say he's too weak to even harm her is a massive stretch. but to be fair... if she does have a shield, that still wouldn't negate the hax I mentioned earlier. Plus, there isn't really any martial art of Pucca to copy. Popeye just punches, like One Punch Man but waaay stronger.

1. It's a thing called burden of rejoinder.

2. ...Huh? Why are you scaling Looney Toons characters to Popeye for? Is that even acknowledged on the profile? That's not a massive strech at all. Even assuming he scaless to looney toons characters for whatever reason, their constellation feat is 14 stars and 5 stars, so below Pucca whose > Master Mel whose > 40 star constellation feat. So yes he's took weak to harm her. I asked you how the hax work and from what you've implied, it's via him punching, which means he needs to make physical contact with Pucca which he won't be able to do cause he would't even be able to bypass her shield. Her power mimicry isn't based on martial arts, she literally copies petrification hax just from seeing Garu do it. He punches and realizes there's a shield in the way.

Stalker Maggot said:
Don't people with Low Godly regen already resist transmutation?
unless someone resists it or they have shapeshifting thats good enough to counter it then no they dont

Ok, just making sure... In all honesty, I think someone should have Pucca fight Discord. Since if this fight was in-character, Pops would just walk away out of chivalry...

Doesn't matter if he wasn't in-char, he's not getting past that passive shield and from what was stated his hax is via punching which, again, cannot get past the shield while Pucca and just punch him into orbit or eventually use one of her OoC hax.

Popeye can breathe in space, fly, and turn into a rocket. so punching him into space won't do anything. But as for Pucca's shield... Yeah, first off, her shield isn't passive or her go-to move. But let's pretend it is. You're right, that would negate a lot of Popeye's attacks, except for one major one... He can just knock Pucca out of the animation, which sends them to an empty void (whether it erases/kills them, I'm not 100% sure.) so Popeye could always just BFR her once he realizes hitting her won't work. Plus, Pucca beating him up or destroying his body wouldn't work due to his spinach.

Ok so clearly you ignored the previous comment.

SBA means they're at their strongest. Pucca in unrestricted has a passive shield she has around her the minute she gets unrestricted, so yes it's passive.

How is he going to knock Pucca out of the animation if he can't even move her. She has resistance to EE. You know what incap is right? Also Pucca's been out of the animation before, and literally punched Ring Ring back to their alternate universe.

Looks like it requires him to speak, so far less likely for him to use this before he gets incapped/BFR via being sent to an alt universe.

Alright:

Popeye's advantages: Stronger immortality, ability to constantly replenish his stamina via summoning and eating spinach, hypnosis, resistance to magic (Pucca can become a genie), has both BFR and Dimensional Travel while Pucca only has one, Transmutation won't work on him while powered by spinach, but if he hits Pucca with his own Transmutation, it's game over for her, greater flight capability, attack reflection, greater lifting strength and experience

Pucca's advantages: Far higher range, ability to summon aliens to aid her in battle, can open up holes in space time, versatility, can put Popeye under mind control or knock him out once his spinach effect wears off provided she can act before he summons and eats more, teleportation, enhanced senses can get around Popeye's invisibility, while he has no counter for her invisibility assuming she has the vanishing cream, possibly petrification depending on how it works in regards to Popeye's shapeshifting ability

Pucca has dimensional travel of her own, that's how she was even able to return back from the alternate universe, he can't hit Pucca with transmutation since that requires contact as explained, he can't even break her shield. I still doubt his dimensional travel can work on a scale where he can suddenly travel back from a parallel universe just because he gets out of the animation.

Well, she isn't listed with it on her profile, so you might want to add it. My other points still stand. They seem evenly matched in some regards. This will probably take more opinions.

It looks like both of them are going to have their hands full in this match. Popeye has the endurance advantage due to his immortality and ability to constantly replenish his stamina with spinach, as well as the experience advantage due to fighting much longer than Pucca, but Pucca has the versatility and range advantages. Popeye has the advantage of greater flight (even when his spinach effect times out, he can still fly via shooting flame from his pipe or using his sailor hat like a propeller), which could allow him to evade her attacks while he tries to summon more spinach if the effect wears off, but she can summon aliens to help her. She can't kill Popeye, but she could certainly KO him when he reverted to base, or knock him through a time portal (Dimensional Travel probably won't work if he's been put in a different time period, as it doesn't = Time Travel). Popeye could probably break her forcefield with deconstruction. Can she raise forcefields repeatedly during a match?

Back