• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Types Revisions REDUX

My god xD

Hmm interesting well couldnt it be that for ghost and dark types their dreams is originated from a dark, chaotic source since they're nightmares (im gonna guess)?

Still, I think resistance to Dream Manipulation could maybe be a thing, just obviously not immunity for obvious reasons to prevent NLF.

I got a bit of an issue with Dragon's description for both Psycho Shift and Psychic Terrain.

First off, I actually do believe that Psycho Shift is some form of Mind Manipulation. As the description for the move says, it creates a suggestion in the opponent's mind, which causes the status to shift from the user to the target. This is probably refering to a similar type of ability that RW hypnotists have, which is to create suggestions in the mind that causes people to experience things that are all just in the mind. For instance, causing someone to believe they're broiling hot, despite the fact that they're sitting in a freezer. So, Mind Manipulation, albiet on an inhuman level.

Second, labelling Psychic Terrain as game mechanics essetially is trying to remove it from being used entirely, since game mechanics are not really meant to be utilized. Plus, this would cause Tapu Lele's ability, Psychic Surge, to be utterly pointless. And as it's been displayed in both the anime and manga as being a field of psychic energy just like the games, both created by Tapu Lele mind you, this should technically be described as a field effect where psychic energy is overflowing throughout the duration. This would also explain its secondary ability, which is to protect against priority moves, since the Pokemon would gain a minimal amount of psychic powers while Psychic Terrain is in effect and be able to predict where the priority move is going to take place and either evade or block them, which would normally strike its opponent before they can react.

Psycho Shift still works on Dark Types regardless. Doesn't change anything.

Also priority moves are game mechanics. Even Cal doesn't accept them. Also where does it say that Psychic Terrain grant precog? Where is this direct statement. Otherwise that nothing but a theory. Also it being useless is not an argument.

Yeah Psychic Terrain i'll have to agree with Dragon on, that sounds messy in itself.

Though, I still personally think status moves like Hypnosis or Psycho Shift should act as Resistance Negation to an extent as they get away with affecting types non-status moves can't do. Other than Thunder Wave.

Also, is Dream Manipulation resistance still on the table? Dream Eater doesnt effect Dark Types.

My definition of a priority move is typically an attack that can hit the opponent without them being able to respond beforehand, even if they have a higher speed. This is literally the definition of moves such as Quick Attack or ExtremeSpeed. And you cannot say that being exposed to that much psychic energy doesn't effect them even slightly. If that weren't the case, then the Psychic moves of non-Psychic Pokemon wouldn't be boosted by Psychic Terrain. I'm not saying it's Precognition. I'm saying it's basically a mild form a Telepathy.

However, I can't bring forward a direct statement from the creators of Pokemon that being in Psychic Terrain gives Pokemon even a mild sense of psychic ability, despite the fact that it would make perfect sense, so fine. I'll drop it.

Starter Pack said:
My definition of a priority move is typically an attack that can hit the opponent without them being able to respond beforehand, even if they have a higher speed. This is literally the definition of moves such as Quick Attack or ExtremeSpeed.
And that's why we have problems, though, because that can't translate to a vs. battle, esp. where speed is equalized.

Priority moves would just seem like a faster than normal attack. Someone can run faster than you but you can just shoot them with a gun.

Except they're moving their entire bodies with those attacks. It isn't really Speed Amp either, because then what's Prankster? Priority doesn't exist when talking about these Pokemon in a vs. battle.

Back