• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Tournament Roleplay recruitment (FULL)

A pokemon battling tournament has started up in Kanto and the winner shall be rewarded with 100,000,000 Pokedollars. And that's about it for the story.

Rules: You are allowed six pokemon to choose from but you can only use 3 of your choice for each battle, no legendary pokemon allowed, same rules for an normal pokemon battle apply here.

Since most (key word MOST) final stage pokemon scale to each other anyway Pokemon without a profile are allowed.

G-max, megas, z-crystals and other forms that require a trainer or causes the mon to go into High 7-A are a big no no.

Character Creation:

Name:

(Optional)Backstory:

Pokemon: Six pokemon of your choice.

Trainer 1. Name: Alexander Stratos

Pokemon: Torterra, Gyrarados (shiny), Blaziken, Lapras, Tyranitar, and Aegislash.

Trainer 2 Name: Charley Despo

Pokemon: Tyrantrum, Scolipede, Golurk, Charizard, Crawdaunt, Zoroark

Trainer 3 Name: Dowed

Pokemon: Lucario, Dracovish, Ferrothorn, Galvantula, Gengar, Hatterene

Trainer 4 Name: Copperfield (male) (age 28)

Backstory: https://pastebin.com/E2rY3pKK

Pokemon: Serperior, Clefable, Swoobat, Smeargle, Sigilyph, Jolteon

Trainer 5 Name: Kiryu

Pokemon: Ditto, Charizard, Kingler, Hatterene, Tyrantrum, Gardevoir

Trainer 6 Name: Dion

Pokemon: Gengar, Feraligatr, Glailie, Alakazam, Ninetales, Gardevoir

Trainer 7 Name: Dreacon

Pokemon: Dracovish, Duraludon, Dragalge, Hydragon, Garchomp, Kommo-o

Trainer 8 Name: Jimmy (aka Jimbo)

Pokemon: Xatu, Alolan Raticate, Araquanid, Primape, Tsareena, Alolan Golem

Trainer 9 Name: Rayce

Pokemon: Luxray, Shuckle, Ferrothorn, Garchomp, Azumarill, Aegislash

Trainer 10 Name: Caius Cross

Pokemon: Charizard, Haxorus, Grimmsnarl, Kommo-o, Dragapult, Corviknight

Trainer 11 Name: Sparks Bolt

Pokemon: Umbreon, Porygon-Z, Luxray, Klingklang, Ditto, Frost Rotom

Trainer 12 Name: Chizu

Pokemon: Dracovish, Ferrothorn, Pelipper, Ditto, Shedinja, Chansey

Trainer 13 Name: Todd

Pokemon: Magikarp, Dragonite, Snorlax, Wailord, Mimikyu, Electrode

Trainer 14 Name: Anne

Pokemon: Volcarona, Infernape, Coalossal, Rotom-heat, Talonflame, Alolan Marawak (thick club)

Name: Alexander Stratos

Pokemon: Torterra, Gyarados (Shiny), Blaziken, Metagross (Shiny), Tyranitar, and Aegislash

Basically no killing. You have to cause the enemy pokemon to faint from exhaustion or KO them, No attacking the trainer, each match will last until one trainer runs out of pokemon who can battle. It should also be noted you won't be allowed to have multiple pokemon out at once. You can switch out your current pokemon for one of the other two if it gets knocked out or you think another pokemon suits the match better.

More clarifications:

No power points? Four move slots?

And I'm guessing we're going with vs battles interpretation and feats instead of base stats.

And that brings me to stage increases; are they capped at 6 stages but it's a 300% increase, or is it an unknown smaller multiplier but it's uncapped?

No power points and no limit for move slots

Yes we are going with vs battle interpretation and stats

It's an unknown smaller multiplier with no cap.

I should also clarify that items that require a trainer to use are banned.

I want to treat the battles here in a similar way the Pokemon anime treats them atleast in the terms stuff like telling your pokemon dodge or counter attacks.

What counts as an item that requires a trainer to use? I'm guessing that's mega evolution and z-crystals, but not stuff like... light ball.

Got the rest.

Mega stones, z-crystals, and healing items like revives and potions can't be used here. Held items like berries or power boosting item such as charcoal are fine

You can't have two pokemon of the same species on the same team. You can't put more than one of the enemy team to sleep, the moody ability is straight up banned (moody smeargle with proper set up is a nightmare), no baton pass. No forcing endless battles. That's about it

No event moves, moves from previous gens are banned. Moves that can be used any other way are fine (this includes TMs)

No previous generations at all? But some pokemon aren't in generation 8.

Should we not include gen 7 move pool for convenience?

Oh that's what you meant. All moves that aren't event moves are allowed I suppose. I misunderstood you at first

I was referring to the fact that some pokemon get weird moves from gen 1. You can get a teleporting arcanine for instance, how weird is that?

Looking at it as roleplay material, it's not complicated.

It is most comparable to a fantasy setting or any other RPG, just with somewhat unusual hax, and sizeable stat and arsenal differences, as well as a lot of variety, almost overwhelmingly so.

You have stats. You have hax moves. You have AP moves. You have AP+Hax moves. You have some mulitpliers/dividers. You have passives. You have items which are like independent passives/actives. It should all be quite familiar and while pokemon is unique in execution, it isn't that bizarre save for its stranger moves... There are no power points or move limit, so the weird stuff of the games is removed.

Actually playing it shouldn't be complex either. Even though turns don't "physically" exist, I can only assume that it'll be one move per post and take a sort of turn based format, because that's the best way to organise it.

I will give it to you that it's less 'hard to learn' and more that there is just so much content. Hundreds of moves, hundreds of abilities, hundreds of pokemon, even if not all of them are relevant or complicated or all that different from comparable abilities in other games/settings.

Name: Kiryu

Pokemon: Ditto (named Orga), Kingler (named Mr. Krabs), Charizard (named Godzilla), Hatterene (named Bayonetta), Tyrantrum (named Gwangi), and Gardevoir (named Palutena)

Just to let everyone know you can change to a different team and replace some of your pokemon before the tournament actually starts.

Because once we begin your stuck with what you picked.

Name: Iudicium Procacis

Gender male

Pokemon: Scizor, Volcarona , Heracross, Galvantula, Ribombee and Araquanid

Just make a team to get yourself a spot. If you don't know what to make, just make a placeholder team then change your team composition later, same applies to all other info.

Ok that is fair

Name: Jimmy (but his friends call him Jimbo.)

Team: Xatu, Alolan Raticate, Araquinid, Primape, Tsareena, Alolan Golem.

Name: Dreacon

Backstory: Trainer from the Village of Dragons, which started his adventure a long time with Deino to become a dragon master, which he now is.

Pokemon: Hydragon, Kommo-o, Duraludon, Garchomp, Dragalge and Dracovish

I ma change everyone, except for Scizor, to Volcarona , Heracross, Galvantula, Ribombee and Araquanid

BTW, are we allowed to use TMs?

Back