• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokémon Thread: Eternatus Edition

Don't worry, Prom already leaked it in the other wiki, plus you need an actual account in there and a password to enter, so no one beyond certain staff members can get there as of now.

It also helps for reference, at least for now.

I've got a smogon account, haven't played competitively since early gen 7 tho, now I only really play randbats on showdown.

Out of curiosity, has there been any news on the Expansion Pack? I've heard that concerns are rising in regards to it, but haven't looked into it any further.

GyroNutz said:
I've got a smogon account, haven't played competitively since early gen 7 tho, now I only really play randbats on showdown.
Well, let's just say that Gen VIII holds wayyy less power creep than Gen VII, in fact, it could be compared to Gen IV in terms of power creep, as a ton of stuff that was before RU or even NU (Looks at Seismitoad) is now OU only because now the power creep is low enought that everyone is able to run an special counter to Dracovish/Dracozolt, or Dragapult not being banned already out of Clefable being that spammed in teams.

Then again, National Dex goes in the other way, Mega Metagross and Galarian Darmanitan roam around freely, Nasty Plot Gengar beats standard Stall teams, Mega Blastoise shreds everything with Shell Smash, and Dracovish is straight up nearly unviable there out of Ferrothorn and Tangrowth saying no to it.

In other news, regular Slowbro is OU in Nat Dex thanks to Teleport.

I heard Mega Blastoise was looking at being banned cause of Shell Smash. What a world.

Funnily enought, in Gen V there's also a movie in-universe of Pokémon taking over the world in the future and using people as you would imagine.

Also, @Gyro, yeah, Blastoise ended up being banned, nothing but Tapu Fini and otherwise unviable options like Protean Greninja with a Choice Scarf and Grass Knot or Choice Scarf Dragapult could deal with it properly, that turtle can 3HKO Chansey with Aura Sphere and hax past Toxapex with a well-flinched Dark Pulse.

Now it seems Mega Metagross will be looked at in the future.

PaChi2 said:
>Blastoise
>Banned

What game is this.
Technically speaking, Blastoise isn't banned, as it's outclassed by Cloyster, Mega Blastoise is the one that got banned, as we all know a 120 BP Dark Pulse thanks to Mega Launcher + Shell Smash hits insanely hard.

Anyways, the "game" is Pokémon Showdown, a website-based Pokémon match simulator, or more specifically in this case, the National Dex format, which is basically Gen VIII but no Pokémon are removed, so you can find Pokémon like Chansey, Garchomp and Landorus roaming around, and it also includes Z-Moves and Megastones, so stuff like Ghostium Z Dragapult and Mega Lopunny are a thing too.

This is divided in two formats, the OU one (Aka, one where balance is the main thing) and the AG one (where the only limitations are legality checks, so stuff like Ultra Necrozma, Mega Rayquaza, Zacian and Mega Gengar go in here)

I guess it's kinda fair? I mean, after generations of being the "meh" choice it's kinda rewarding to see Squirtle get to be the cool guy when his bros got their time to shine with their megas and such

Back