• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon: Our Non-Legendary Profiles Aren't Good

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Ugh. Lost the first version of this post to a crash.)

Put simply, viewing this thread, I believe there is some issue about the tiers of a number of Pokemon. While I'm unsure about scaling systems -Although I don't think

I believe there may be grounds supporting a small downgrade for Corsola, which is mentioned as being 8-A, possibly 7-C. This is because it can use Earth Power. Which has this calc behind it.

http://www.narutoforums.com/xfa-blog-entry/calc-storage-the-power-of-earth-pokemon-games.19430/

I can't think of much wrong with this calc, but it may help to look it over ourselves while we're doing this thread, as many Pokemon have that calc.

Now then.

In Pokemon Diamond, Pearl & Platinum, the player receives an item. The Pokétch

Now, it was difficult to find good, uncommentary playthrough video of that, so.... Here's a commentated video & a text dump.

https://gist.githubusercontent.com/...229547405bb/pokemon-platinum-text-dump-en.txt

https://youtu.be/96zMHfvza7c?t=1m52s

However, before the player gets the Pokétch, they meet the inventor of it, who currently manufactures it. To quote him:

"Oh, oh, oh? You call yourself a Pokémon Trainer? And yet you have no Pokétch? That is, Pokémon Watch, or Pokétch for short! Oh my, you are a rare case indeed! You see, I invented, and now manufacture, Pokétches. Not only that, I'm now conducting the Pokétch promotional campaign! All you have to do is find three clowns in Jubilife City. If you can find them... I will gift you with a Pokétch! The three clowns will each ask you\na skill-testing question. The questions will all have to do with Pokémon. After all, a Pokétch is a tool for Pokémon Trainers. Collect a Coupon from each clown, then come see me, OK?"

The inventor of a device for Pokemon Trainers, presumably quite common, with many apps for it, is holding a promotional campaign, with clowns -presumably to draw attention in a busy city- to ask "skill-testing questions" to trainers.

While he DOES approach the player character quite soon after spotting him or her, I can think a promotional campaign for such a big, reputable device would be a reasonable source of information. Clowns are more likely for attracting attention to the promotional campaign.

It's also unlikely this was set up JUST for the player character, so quickly on a whim.

And one of the questions & answers catches my attention:

"Hi! I'm a Pokétch campaign clown! Let's roll out my question! Just like Pokémon types, the moves of Pokémon also have types?"

If you answer correctly....

"Ding-ding! You're absolutely correct! If the Pokémon's type matches its move's type, that move is made much more powerful!"

These skill-testing questions are implied to be specifically asked to Pokemon Trainers as part of the promotional campaign, & there's little reason for the clowns to actually be making stuff up.

And again, after the player's answer to the question, is follow-up dialogue that definitely seems to support the existence of STAB, Same-Type Attack Bonus.

Some other evidence, although, some that might have a little more ground to dismiss it, is thanks to Pokemon Stadium 2.

https://youtu.be/TaV-15LTwOo?t=7m17s

Although I'm not quite COMPLETELY sure how much of it was present in the Japanese version, & his grammar & manner of speaking changed a little between G/S/C & Pokemon Stadium 2, Earl Dervish is an eccentric man.

What's more important is that in Violet City in the Generation 2 games, Earl is a teacher, & in Pokemon Stadium 2, he teaches at an academy in White City .

1 of his lectures on the topic of Moves in his Trainer Class series of lectures (From which I assume students advance to "Gym Leader Class", then "Elite Four Class".) is on Moves & Pokemon Types . He has this to say on that topic, which I believe covers STAB.

'"As you know, Pokemon and moves come in a variety of types. When a Pokemon' is attacking, if its type is the same as its move type, the move's impact will increase to 1.5 times its usual level."

Earl is present in both the main games & Pokemon Stadium 2, both times as a teacher, even if his speaking is a bit different between the two. He & his lectures could be argued as just a glorified game mechanics tutorial, but I think they're worth note & applying his statements on this wiki.

I believe what he says supports the existence of STAB: Same-Type Attack Bonus.

If we accepted this, then the AP provided by Earth Power, being used by non-Ground types, stands to have a decrease, by more or less, 1 third. This would depend on whether we use the more vague value of "much more powerful", or Earl's "1.5 times its usual level" to determine how much being Ground-type can amp Earth Power's AP.

I'm not that great at math, but of we accepted it, Corsola's Low End & High End AP with EP, respectively, would look something like:

116.193333 Tons for the Low End.

& 3.36 Kilotons for the High End.

I believe that's something like Low/At Least 8-A to Low 7-C? A small downgrade, but one nonetheless.

It would also stand to downgrade Magcargo... if Magcargo still had a page, lol.

As for Corsola being preyed upon by supposed fodder like Mareanie, we could A. Chalk that up to PIS for it being fodder taking out a supposedly very powerful character.

Or we could assume that it's a product of very specific hax.

Silver In a south sea nation, the people live in communities that are built on groups of these Pokémon.
Crystal The points on its head absorb nutrients from clear water. They cannot survive in polluted water.

Sapphire Clusters of Corsola congregate in warm seas where they serve as ideal hiding places for smaller Pokémon. When the water temperature falls, this Pokémon migrates to the southern seas.
Emerald Corsola live in warm southern seas. If the sea becomes polluted, the beautiful coral stalks become discolored and crumble away in tatters.

Black Many live in the clean seas of the south. They apparently can't live in polluted waters.
White
Black 2 They prefer unpolluted southern seas. Their coral branches lose their color and deteriorate in dirty water.
White 2

It's quite clear that Corsola don't do well with polluted water. I'd dare assume it's toxic to them, if it makes their branches go discoloured, deteriorating & crumble away in tatters. They also take in nutrients from them. Our page on the species fails to mention this weakness to pollution among the species, I should mention.

Mareanie & Toxapex, meanwhile, are likely based on the Crown-of-thorns Starfish

Quoting Wikipedia:

To paraphrase Wikipedia, that kind of starfish preys on reef coral polyps, climbing onto sections of living coral colony, & uses secreted digestive enzymes to absorb nutrients from liquefied coral tissue, leaving a white scar of coral skeleton to be rapidly infested with filamentous algae.

They kill a lot of coral, put simply, so it's reasonable to assume that Mareanie & Toxapex, based on such species, & Corsola based on coral, that they would prey on them.

Corsola has a horrible time surviving in mere dirty water. Mareanie & Toxapex would actively seek to poison Corsola, so I can't imagine that its coral holds up too well.

Moo It's found crawling on beaches and seafloors. The coral that grows on Corsola's head is as good as a five-star banquet to this Pokémon.
Especially given that they love eating Corsola. I'd dare say they adapted specifically to it, with all the mention of their preying on it.

Besides that, these are wild Pokemon, not trained ones; A wild Corsola is not as likely to know to use Earth Power on a Mareanie or Toxapex, as opposed to its other moves, if it even acted rationally.

Put briefly, I think that it's either PIS, or very focused hax that Mareanie & Toxapex regularly overpower Corsola, & a wild Corsola isn't as likely to fight ideally.

There may also be risks of using moves like Earth Power possibly being dangerous to the stability of a Corsola colony that may or may not be holding something up.

The durability is also slightly questionable; Corsola "serve as ideal hiding places" to smaller species of Pokemon in its colonies, so if most of the Corsola species SHELTER many other species, & they live in colonies known to hold up settlements, how likely is it that Corsola regularly go into combat with each other? And don't have disastrous results?

Their AP is based on Earth Power, which they may not always use, yet their durability is based on their AP fighting each other. I advocate that many species of Pokemon are quite fond of fighting, but....

Corsola doesn't seem like a Pokemon liable to fight amongst its own species, & when it does, wild, untrained Corsola aren't guaranteed to use Earth Power on one another. The move is super-effective for that matter.

I'd assume they're capable of fighting one another reasonably well, but the durability rating, seems to me, like it's based off an unlikely scenario among the species. Possible, but unlikely.

I suppose it's possible they do have the Dura to survive Super-Effective Earth Power from one another.

But isn't it possible Corsola has high AP but low Durability? (& quite effective lifting strength in great numbers, possibly based on the geometry of their branches when all together.)

Not to mention that I'm not sure that calc considered Corsola to begin with. And if you'll notice, the basis of the calc involves lava erupting. I'm genuinely not confident in my knowledge of this area, but I assume that erupting lava may be less effective underwater.

This may also contribute to Corsola's AP with Earth Power being lower than other EP users, & contribute to it not always combatting Mareanie & Toxapex effectively & contribute to them surviving it from each other even if Corsola themselves have low Durability.

Hopefully you can all see my stance on this & agree.

Next. Magnemite.

I'm not sure about Magnemite's AP, SS & Dura, but I do want to call its speed rating into question.

First off, does it adhere to our standards on scaling for the Pokemon setting ?

The calc's most recent version for Magnemite's speed is from August 17th, 2016.
Just over 9 months from today.

Our page on Pokemon says, regarding scaling:

"For this reason, it is better to strictly go by each Pokémon's individual feats and restricting power-scaling to certain species that are frequently shown to match or exceed the power level displayed by another character within the same story."

Second off, have Magnemite & Pikachu fought a lot? It's possible they might, if they're in the same area, which has happened (Just once, but at the Kanto Power Plant, which did have wild Pokemon for at least around 3 years.), but they may also be different speeds despite the same habitat.

Then there's the battle itself....

For all the geometry & lightning speed checking, I would like to ask about the trainers.

The calc originates from this clip . It's Ash vs Jasmine. Frankly, I wish I had the original Japanese version to fact check, but I'll have to make do.

Jasmine is the Gym Leader of Olivine City in Johto. As a Gym Leader she should be superior to an average trainer.

Trained Pokemon are often stated to be stronger than wild Pokemon, & Pokemon used by Gym Leaders are considered to be especially strong.

Brock, a former Gym Leader, but nonetheless, someone with experience & knowledge, I would assume, observes the battle along with Misty, another former Gym Leader, both from the neighbouring region of Kanto, & we get this exchange :

Misty: "Have you ever seen a Magnemite move that fast before, Brock?"

Brock: "No! Never! That Magnemite's awesome!"

Two former Gym Leaders with plenty of travelling experience are both visibly impressed by this Magnemite's speed, & Magnemite is a Pokemon from Kanto, the region they originate from. The Power Plant, where they could be found isn't even that far from Cerulean City & I assume Misty had some experience at least OBSERVING her fellow sisters battle as Gym Leaders.

In any case, the point is this: Wild Pokemon>Trained Pokemon>Gym Leader Trained Pokemon.

Yet we base Base Magnemite's speed on that of a Gym Leader's Magnemite specifically.

Not to mention it's in a battle against Ash, & again:

Our page on Pokemon says, regarding scaling:

"For this reason, it is better to strictly go by each Pokémon's individual feats and restricting power-scaling to certain species that are frequently shown to match or exceed the power level displayed by another character within the same story."

So I really feel uncertain that we should be using Jasmine's Magnemite's speed for base Magnemite when it should be a great deal superior to a wild or ordinarily trained for, presumably being excellently trained. Brock & Misty being impressed supports that it's an exceptional Magnemite, I would think.

Next up, Metagross. "Unknown | At least 8-A"

Maybe this isn't the best approach, but let's see what we can give with reputation to the species.

First off, a note. The anime uses rules about entering their tournaments .

Quoting Bulbapedia: "Trainers must register for the region's Pokémon League before they earn any of the region's Badges, something which they can do at seemingly any Pokémon Center or with a Pokémon Professor, and then must win at least eight of the region's Badges in order to be able to register for the competition."

Tyson's Metagross was worn down by Ash's Swellow, Grovyle & then beaten by his Pikachu.

We have a page for the Pokemon Adventures Sceptile which is Tiered at Tier: 8-A | At least 8-A, possibly higher. If Ash's Grovyle was comparable & likely being well-trained, it probably was, it may potentially be a Low 9-C maybe Low 9-B rating for that Grovyle.

Ash's Pikachu ( Tier: 8-C | At least 8-A. Higher by absorbing electricity ) was able to defeat Metagross after a mostly ineffectual Thunderbolt, Iron Tail, & a grab & then Thunder.

Tyson defeated Ash in the end however, & later became the Ever Grande Champio .

Even not knowing Tyson's Swellow's tier, that's at least a good show of durability.

It should also be noted Ash lost to Tyson in the top 8. To become champion, at least 1 1 Pokemon only battle, 3 Double Battles, & five consecutive Full Battles.

Annabelle, the Tower Tycoon, owned a Metagross which defeated Ash's Pikachu after it fought her Alakazam.

It later defeated Ash's weakened Corphish, & took a double knockout to Ash's Tauros. (Tauros is rated as 9-B.)

A Metagross went to a city with a Magnezone, & caused some moderate structural damage in combatting said Magnezone. The two are said to regularly battle to release excess energy that builds up in them due to the strong magnetic forces emitted by the mountains.

Alain's newly evolved Metagross, formerly a Metang, was the only one of his Pokemon that Alain lost in his battle against Remo. The scoreboard showed that, after Alain's Charizard defeated Remo's Rhyperior, Alain had defeated 5 of Remo's Pokemon, with again, Metagross as his only loss.

Remo 's Pokemon were a Pelipper, a Granbull, a Bouffalant, & a Gurdurr.

Bouffalant is 8-C, & Conkeldurr (Which Gurdurr evolves into, & so, should scale to.) is High 8-C, & said newly evolved Metagross potentially contributed to the defeat of them &/or Pelipper &/or Granbull.

Alain's Metagross was used against Ash's Pikachu & put up a good fight, but lost.

Steven's Metagross, before Mega-Evolving, had little challenge redirecting Alain's already Mega-Evolved Charizard's Flamethrower. Said Mega Metagross also does considerable damage to a mountain top, slamming Charizard in, as Darkanine's calc shows. Albeit, Charizard's "endurance" was supposedly reduced by Flash Cannon even though FC reduces Sp. Def.

Later the same Mega Metagross & Mega Charizard X face Mega Rayquaza.

Mega Charizard X takes considerable damage from Dragon Ascent, & Metagross is able to dodge several of the falling meteors from Mega Rayquaza's Draco Meteor. A considerable explosion occurs about 20 minutes in, & thanks to us seeing the two Mega Pokemon flying a little later, we know they both survived it.

Said Mega Metagross of Steven's later fought alongside Mega Charizard X again, with Mega Charizard X combatting Primal Groudon & Mega Metagross doing some damage to Primal Kyogre.

It also helped to combat the Megalith Zygarde.

In the manga, Emerald borrows Crystal's Metagross to fight a Charizard which defeated Crystal's Alakazam, & then, despite taking heavy damage from Rock Tomb, defeated Metagross.

Honestly, I think, aside from the Mega Metagross feats, Tyson's could be the most impressive for beating Grovyle, Swellow, & while not hitting Pikachu, tanking hits from it. Maybe Anabel's for curbstomping Ash's -admittedly partially weakened- Pikachu.

Alain's is definitely impressive; Shortly after evolving, it took on at least one of a Bouffalant, a Gurdurr, Pelipper, a Granbull, & a Rhyperior, even if it lost at some point, & we don't know when; We just know that before Charizard took out Rhyperior, Alain had only lost Metagross.

Tyso has been one of Ash's rivals.

Remo also fought Alain once, albeit, only with his Mega Garchomp, which lost.

So maybe those two are candidates to help with scaling.

In any case, please pardon all the words. Hope all this helps with scaling, determining tiers, etc.! Probably gonna see about finding stuff for other pseudos -like Dragonite, Salamence, Garchomp, etc.- & others.

But for now, I'm pretty sure I've worked on this post for over 7 hours straight. Hope it helps & is appreciated, all!

Good lord that's a long-ass post. I'm not privy to the details of pokemon more than any casual player though so I can't really comment. Sorry.

Gemmysaur said:
Good lord that's a long-ass post. I'm not privy to the details of pokemon more than any casual player though so I can't really comment. Sorry.
Yeah sorry about the length, lol. Maybe I should have put some more time into trying to make it more compact.

RadicalMrR said:
@Cal Azzy said pseudos shouldnt scale to eachother.
Azzy said they should scale to that alone. Big different, especially when Azzy tells you that they should scale with just gathering more evidence.

"At least Mountain level (Comparable to Tyranitar) | At least Mountain level, likely higher (Comparable to Mega Tyranitar)"

I know but just judging from the reasoning behind these stats it looks like the the only reason is because hes a Pseudo, which is what Azzy said not to do.

"Pseudos likely shouldn't scale to each other just for being pseudos"

I think we can scale pseudos, they may be a fanmade term but Gamefreak has rolled with it and realised that every generation gets a 600 Powerhouse. This notice should make them comparable

True, but the base stats you mentioned are basically starter pokemon and legendaries, all of which similar to pseudos, have their base stats in a cycle. We scale starter pokemon and legends to eachother dont we? The random similar base stats of 515 containing Gigalith and LickiLicky and all that dont have a similar pattern, and therefore it should only apply to those pokemon that fit a category like pseudo

Meanwhile, all of the pseudos are meant to serve the same purpose in each of their respective games

You can argue that this means every legend has to scale to eachother, which is nonsence, but they have lore that we can compare them to much more accurately, meanwhile we barely have anything other than tyranitars lore that shows the power of pseudos.

Gamefreak has basically rolled with the idea of pseudos, as that one really powerful pokemon thats comparable to basic legends/mythicals base stat wise, which should mean hes ok with the idea, and therefore we can compare.

But i mean cmon, Garchomp being weaker than Tyranitar makes no sense at all when he has just as much recognition as his regions powerhouse

@Jinx The "they are all of this thing" isnt a good argument. It makes sense to scale all GoDs in DB to Beerus but we dont since, like here, there is no evidence to support it.

Its also obvious the Daishinkan is stronger than than Zamasu but we dont rate him as such since there is nothing to prove it.

But I digrese.

I belive Salamance and Garchpamp should scale to Tyranitar. Azzy said Garcamp doesnt have any natural preditors so a case can be made for him scaling. The pokedex says Salamance can burn down mountains, a similiar feat to Tyranitar so its likely they are in the same league.

@Jinx Actually we don't scale legendaries just for being 680. We scale starters from the same region since they are supposed to be comparable, pseudos have no such luck.

So do all the legendaries, but once again they're not caparable, ranging from Low 6-B to 2-C.

So why do you consider legendary scaling based on this nonsense, but not pseudos, when they have the same evidence?

@Rad by nature predators, do we count invasive species? I ask since both Salamander and Tyranitar would only count if we count them despite technically not being natural to Sinnoh.

So, are you making any progress regarding how to properly rescale the characters?

SomebodyData said:
@Jinx Actually we don't scale legendaries just for being 680. We scale starters from the same region since they are supposed to be comparable, pseudos have no such luck.
So do all the legendaries, but once again they're not caparable, ranging from Low 6-B to 2-C.

So why do you consider legendary scaling based on this nonsense, but not pseudos, when they have the same evidence?

@Rad by nature predators, do we count invasive species? I ask since both Salamander and Tyranitar would only count if we count them despite technically not being natural to Sinnoh.
Ik you dont scale them from base stats, but all im saying is legends are scaled over normal pokemon like diglett for being legendary, why cant that be the case for pseudos though, its clearly what gamefreak accepts. I dont accept it as nonsense, i think that scaling legends but not scaling pseudos is the nonsense, we all know Garchomp could hold his own against Tyranitar.

I think we jusst need to use a bit more common sense with these pages in scaling, and be a lot more open to scaling them freely

We aren't scaling legends that way though, so that point is moot. And no, we don't. Type advantage wise in game yeah, but you're trying to put widely accepted head canon without fact as, well fact. Even if I personally think they scale, does not mean they should scale.

Common sense dictates we need concrete evidence outside of game mechanics tho, which really we don't have here.

We already agreed to scale from Corsola to final evolutions / pokemon with info that shows they are superior.

Though for the most part, the rest has not been agreed on.

The real cal howard said:
The longer this isn't solved, the longer Corsola is a high tier of non-legendaries.
While they are minor, & aren't quite a whole new scaling system for the setting, I do believe I posted some reasoning of mine as to why Corsola could have lower AP & Dura, albeit, not significantly.

As for the matter of pseudo-legendaries, while I agree they are very powerful Pokemon, within the genre of the Pokemon games, part of the appeal is collecting & experimenting with different parties.

Most pseudo-legendaries share several similarities. A base stat total of 600, a catch rate of 45 (Excluding Metagross.).... Excluding Tyranitar, they're all Dragon-types or in the Dragon Egg Group....

But they're also all, in most games, even in their lowest forms, & especially in their introductory generations, they're found late game.

They also all require achieving a high level to reach their final stage.

These are all commonalities between them, but in my opinion, the author intent here seems more to create Pokemon that are initially weak or mediocre, & hard to raise, but very powerful, & often obtained late into the game, so as not to break the balance too much.

Base stats are created for game balance, & it's questionable if they're meant to be an indicator of which Pokemon are comparable, even among pseudos.

They don't always correspond to the feats the Pokemon has. Ursaring has an incredible 130 ATK, for example, but an AP rating of only: Attack Potency: Room level, likely Building level with Guts.

Then there's stuff like Escavalier which "flies around at high speeds" with its base speed of 20.

Honestly, I think it looks like the issue is here is contention over the base stats -which, I believe are often a product of game balancing, & to some degree, "developer traditions"- & what we have on the profiles.

If we want to change up the stats, we should evaluate currently existing stats, calcs, etc.

We should also seek things & battles we can reasonably scale the Pokemon to, I think.

Think Matt actually made a good point. We don't scale legendaries to eachother either even though they're all legendaries, so why should we scale pseudo-legendaries to one another?

I'm fine with them not scaling to Tyranitar or even Dragonite, since I find them scaling to each other to be rather iffy. Especially considering this would exclude the scaling of Pokemon like Slaking whose only just not a Pseudo, which makes them scaling in general sound arbitrary.

Slaking isn't a pseudo due to a crippling weakness, and he wouldn't fit the mold anyway. When is Azzy gonna comment again?

FTW395 said:
Think Matt actually made a good point. We don't scale legendaries to eachother either even though they're all legendaries, so why should we scale pseudo-legendaries to one another?
I honestly believe that the legendaries should scale to, at the very least, the High 7-A feat from the bird trio

Also, about Tyranitar, I think it should be downgraded, since the calc for its feat was only lowend 7-B, and the only justification I got for it's 7-A rating was "because is was just walking" but we are against those type of tier jumps in general, so Tyranitar being exception is just plain unfair

Wasn't there something else for Tyranitar's 7-A rating? Didn't e calc via the highest mountains in regions Tyranitar is found?

Mountain level Tyranitar comes from the dex saying he quakes multiple great mountains just from walking. The calc used was a pretty massive low end of just a single, small-ish mountain.

The biggest ones are in johto, which Tyranitar destroys with its punches

the ones that Tyranitar destroys by walking are in Unova, the same mountains that made Gigalith High 7-C

So yeah, 7-B Tyranitar is consistent

Of course that is going by current mountains. Wh know how big the mountains were that Tyranitar destroyed in the past. Plus Tyranitar's entry does say "Great Mountains" as well.

Darkanine said:
Mountain level Tyranitar comes from the dex saying he quakes multiple great mountains just from walking. The calc used was a pretty massive low end of just a single, small-ish mountain.
Where is said calc?

The calc wasnt for his crumbling giant mountains by walking feat, it was for just destroying a mountain.

Even assuming each mountain is like 4000 ft (a middle of the road mountain) and assuming he only destroys 2 (the bare minimum since mountain is plural) then applying violent fragmentation or pulverization will yield 7-A+ to High 7-A results.

Duplicating Tyranitar's calc using Mt Fuji per 2 would still 7-B

Also, pulverization? Violent fragmentation is always debatable, using oulv is just inflating

45 MT*2 = 90 MT... Maybe we can have 7-A Tyranitar, but the "At least" should be removed (since it would just be low end 7-A, an this would be a tier jump actually)

Although, the "great mountains" is from B2/W2, which is base on New york, so even the biggest mountain (Mt Marcy) is way smaller than Mt Fuji, so I personally would go with 7-B Tyranitar, as it is the most consistent result.

But, looking at some profiles and bulbapedia, I think I got a good scaling for pokemon:

• First of all, the baseline pokemon (Excluding pokemon that are directly called weak, like Magikarp, Wishiwashi-solo, Wimpod, etc) and baby pokemon (Since things like Pichu just will f*ck this up, and they are really weak compare to their fully evolve version)
They would scale from Pikachu's Building level+ and Magikarp's Large Building level durability feat. Basically, any unevolved pokemon (Except the previously mentioned and pokemon that have better feats) would be rated at Large Building level

• Second: Mid/Second Stage (Not counting babies. Example: Raichu for the scaling would be take as mid/Second stage, since Pichu would be below Pikachu)

Scaling from Multi-City Block level+ Pidgeotto.

Yes, I know that calc applies for Pidgeot, but Pidgeot learns the move as a Pidgeotto, so...

Also, the pidgey line not only is a early game line (Close to starters) but it also evolves at similar levels. So Multi-City Block level+ for Mid/Second Stage pokemon (Except pokemon with better feats, like Gyarados)

• Finally: Third/Final stage. Basically, for the third of a evolution line, or a evolution that is vastly superior to it previous one (Like Gyarados)
Scaling from Gyarados, Charizard] and Typhlosio, I suggest "At least Town level, likely City level for Third/Final stage (Except for Pokemon like Tyranitar or Aggron and others, since they evolved at a very high level)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back