• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Scaling

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Hello, all for once I'm not making a Digimon Revision. Instead I'm making a Pokemon Revision Thread instead of doing my job and editing the countless Digimon files according to like 3 different Revisions. I'm gonna make a completely unrelated thread! Plus, I did promise to make this thread, so I'll fulfill it.

In all seriousness I am going to make some suggestions and we'll discuss how to handle them.

Legendary Scaling
This is where the controversy will be most strong at. In Mystery Dungeon, it has been widely shown that a Pokemon's potential power is MUCH higher than that of a Pokemon from the normal multiverse. As such, a normal Pokemon defeating a legendary is common in this series. As such I believe that scaling Mystery Dungeon Pokemon to Legendaries is okay. However, there is one thing that must be addressed beforehand. That is who scales?

Well I have an idea. The ones who'd scale to the Legendaries are the prominent powerful characters. For example in Blue Rescue Team, the ones who'd semi-scale to the likes of Groudon would be The two main protags, Team ACT, Absol, and maybe Ninetales as they are all considered powerful.

And thus leads to another point. Semi-scaling. Note how it usually takes the two protagonists combined to defeat a legendary and most of the time the legendary still has energy to fight while the characters themselves are worn out. However, the simple fact is they injured said legendary, but individually they are not the same level of power as them. So they'd be on a lower end of whatever tier that Legendary is.

Feats
So recently Cal made a pretty nice lightning calc from Luxray which ended up with a grand total of Mach 5000+, however many of us agreed that due to the point in the game that feat takes place it should only scale to Mystery Dungeon Pokemon. Basically what I'm saying is feats are to be discussed on a case-by case basis and the point in the game that they take place in should be considered when evaluating said feat.

Profiles
Simply put, these files will be separated from the main profiles on a certain Pokemon. This is because these variation are much stronger and are from a different continuity. As such a different file would be best for this. See Wigglytuff.

I believe that's all.

It was part of the General Scaling stats similar to how most fully evolved Pokemon are Mountain level.

I just noticed this thread was only for PMD :/

Forgive my bluntness) That logic though is really dumb.

Scale all captains to Kenpachi, they are captains. Scale all levels 5s to Accelerator, they are level 5s.

Pokemon is not the only verse to do such a thing. There were two discussions on this topic (One of which you were not present on) to which this was Complementary Scaling was agreed upon. So if you have a problem with that, then well a third thread must be made. We overall decided for verses like Pokemon that this was best.

Makes you wonder how a massively hypersonic+ small country pokemon could be physically kidnapped by a human.

Oh well.

LordAizenSama said:
Makes you wonder how a massively hypersonic+ small country pokemon could be physically kidnapped by a human.
Arceus was restrained and killed by silver water in his movie.

The difference being that Arceus actually has a feat that makes that obvious PIS @Dark.

Manaphy has no feats. just scales to Shaymin because ??? No reason whatsoever. Scales just because.

Manaphy scales due to complimentary scaling for Legendaries. But this is off topic. What about the actual topic?

Thats a fancy way of saying there is no reason. Sorry but I've got no opinion on the main topic. Will probably organise a thread for that scaling later.

LordAizenSama said:
Thats a fancy way of saying there is no reason.
Sorry but I've got no opinion on the main topic. Will probably organise a thread for that scaling later.
You also need to discuss the fact that all third evolutions are scaled from a trained Charizard from another continuity. This is why i don't know how to scale the trainers and i don't believe Howard saying that Misty is at least Mountain level+ for Starmie.

Pokemon can scale to ledgendarys but only to the feats shown in game.

Unless its proven to be real lighting should use 60km/s.

I think spin off series (like Nobunga's Ambition, not like XD and Gale of Darkness) in general should scale to the legendary's present in their respective games, but only by the feats they've done in their respective series.

I agree with Dragon's OP as well as Darkanine's post.

As far as the controversy of scaling goes, let's all keep in mind that this very big verse was introduced only very recently. I'd say Dragon and Cal and co. have done a fine job with such a herculean task; let's have a little faith in them! Any kinks in the system will be ironed out in time; let's just focus on this one little thing (the propsed changes in the op) right now.

Back