• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"Pokémon Legends: Arceus" Discussion Thread (SPOILERS)

I only care about the japanese version. Innumerable could be infinite in the japanese version, easily

After a hard debate with someone that believed arceus to be only universal and not omnipresent because meteor, this all should be enough to shut more people up.

Where is arceus called a all-encompassing deity
dc6b5b4a-a324-494f-bdcd-360b901662a9

Oh boy, i can't wait to see people use that to downplay him to universal, because multiversal beings can't be said to have created universes.

Idk why but some titles arceus gets like all encompassing, god that trascends everything, etc gives me a cthulu mythos vibe.

Can't wait for him to be called "the one in all"

For anyone that might not remember, the explanation about space and time here is entirely based on the meaning of "Uchu" and "Sekai", with "Space" meaning every direction and "Time" meaning "From the past to the future", and so Universe/World means "All of Time and All of Space".

In the end, making that blog really helped me to understand those references...

That blog was a god send.

In my opinion, palkia should have arms holding ropes on it's front legs stomach idk the name, so it kinda looks like he riding himself, and so we can make made in heaven references

That blog was a god send.

In my opinion, palkia should have arms holding ropes on it's front legs stomach idk the name, so it kinda looks like he riding himself, and so we can make made in heaven references
literally the first thing that came to my mind when I saw them for the first time was how they resemble MiH

“The power of defeated giants infuses this Plate.”
“The rightful bearer of a Plate draws from the Plate it holds.”
“The third being raged, raining down bolts of anger.”
“The powers of Plates are shared among Pokémon.”
“Two beings of time and space set free from the Original One.”
“The rift is born of disorder on the other side of this world.”
“The rules of time and space change within the opposite world.”
“When the universe was created, its shards became this Plate.”
“The being poured the remains of its power into stone and buried it deep.”
“The Original One breathed alone before the universe came.”
“Where all creation was born, that is the being’s place of origin.”
“It gathers power from the Plates, listening for the flute’s song.”
“The other side of this world was given by the Original One to its raging third.”
“Three beings were born to bind time and space.”
“Two make matter, and three make spirit, shaping the world.”
“That which fills the other side of the world can shape the rage and mold it.”
“The Original One is in all things. The Original One is nowhere at all.”
“Three beings whose power can hold both time and space fixed.”
“From all creations, over all creations, does the Original One watch over all.”

I always liked Dialga more then Palkia

So I stay wining 😌
same...
they tell me not to have favorite children but one of them tried to murder some people, the other made a genie that causes mischief and goes evil all the time and the only one who could properly grow a child was dialga and his onions.

So i talked to some friends on discord about arceus there.

If arceus truly has multiple phases, is possible that his final form is his true self, and it could be beta arceus, since prople seemed to love it.

My reasonings are: his boss theme sounds glitchy like there is some bad stuff happening on the field, his fight on the remakes was on a spacetime vortex thingy and most importantly, the creation trio are pretty well defined as being one with their dimensions, and arceus' had his beta self colors after he woke up, there was more red sure but he was angry.

So is possible that, on the final phase, his physical self dissipates and a reality rift appears and his dimension leaks to the physical world, until it is fully there and forms beta arceus.

And if that legend plate is his item, maybe it would allow arceus to become it's true self.

Arceus' in-game dialogues:

Welcome to my realm, located beyond both time and space.
It is well that thou art here.
I am that which humans call Arceus.

Now, I wish to know thine appearance.
What is thy name?
[VAR 1003][VAR 0100(0000)]...

Soon thou shalt find thyself in a world strange to thee...
A world inhabited by wondrous creatures that humans call “Pokémon.”
[VAR 1003][VAR 0100(0000)]...
Seek out all Pokémon, and thou shalt find me once more.

Dodogyuuun!

[~ 22]
Thou hast done well to seek out all Pokémon.
Unflagging devotion to a goal shalt see it through...
So hast thou proven by thine actions.
Much as that ancient hero once did. He and the Pokémon that walked beside him.
To see such truths proven anew, beyond the bounds of time and space, bringeth joy to me.
I am glad that I chose thee to call to this world.
As thou walkest onward upon thine own path...
Upon thee...and upon this creation where thou now dwellest...
I bestow my blessing.
And I bestow upon thee a part of myself.
I would walk this world together with thee. Show me how it appeareth in thine eyes.

Wow, more characterization for arceus, and some build up for tier 1 stuff later, nice, starting to think the lore alone could make this game worth for the fans.

According to what I heard, that part of itself that "Arceus" gives to the player is the legends plate and the llamagod that we all know.

(not confirmed)

Last edited:
The Red Chain text about the world existing due to the ones perceiving it, that was a very popular Japanese fan theory

However since the Localization team changed the context around the "Heart" that was lost in Localization. I explained the original text on my blog and I can't believe that even that was right on the point.

I wonder how the rest of the fanbase will react to that since that is very new without that context.

The Red Chain text about the world existing due to the ones perceiving it, that was a very popular Japanese fan theory

However since the Localization team changed the context around the "Heart" that was lost in Localization. I explained the original text on my blog and I can't believe that even that was right on the point.

I wonder how the rest of the fanbase will react to that since that is very new without that context.
What do you mean?

What do you mean?
In the Platinum event about Arceus, it was explained about how the "Heart" created the world by having awareness of it, and how the Lake Trio shaped the world by binding the living beings with said heart and that made the world expand.

Basically that meant that the world was a fruit of awareness and that it's a product of the mind. This was more clear in the Japanese text because it used the world "Kokoro" that although is known as "heart" by most people, it also means "mind" and that is basically the whole deal with the Lake Trio

Basically that Red Chain statement in Legend Arceus is an expansion on that explanation from Platinum about the world being born from the mind.

In the Platinum event about Arceus, it was explained about how the "Heart" created the world by having awareness of it, and how the Lake Trio shaped the world by binding the living beings with said heart and that made the world expand.

Basically that meant that the world was a fruit of awareness and that it's a product of the mind. This was more clear in the Japanese text because it used the world "Kokoro" that although is known as "heart" by most people, it also means "mind" and that is basically the whole deal with the Lake Trio

Basically that Red Chain statement in Legend Arceus is an expansion on that explanation from Platinum about the world being born from the mind.
So from arceus' perspective it's all just a thought

Arceus kinda feeling like a discout yog sothoth ngl, we got 2 "beyond spacetime" stataments and a poem implying that the world exists on arceus mind, from what i understood, plus we have arceus "transcending everything".

It really feels like he is building up to be a being that views the pokeverse as fictional.

Just realized, arceus created and controls the plates, and the blank plate contains the essence of "normalcy", that sounds like conceptual manipulation

Arceus kinda feeling like a discout yog sothoth ngl, we got 2 "beyond spacetime" stataments and a poem implying that the world exists on arceus mind, from what i understood, plus we have arceus "transcending everything".

It really feels like he is building up to be a being that views the pokeverse as fictional.
Don't forget being described as eldritch too.

Their realms also exist far far further than the human's realm, which is a statement made right after the "innumerable dimensions" thing.

He's also called an all-encompassing deity.

He's got a ton of statements that imply he's quite above everything and anything and also apparently nothingness too

This makes a lot more sense.
People have asked for Origin forms of the others.
I thought it was strange they were called "Lord" for some reason.

Also since the new forms are "closer to Arceus" this makes more sense given their, well, origin.

Back