• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"Pokémon Legends: Arceus" Discussion Thread (SPOILERS)

Ok so i'm mostly done with the game (I just caught heatran and the lake trios, I need to catch cresselia and regigas, have not done most of the side quest).

Overall, these are my thoughts.

POSITIVES

-Generally, a good step in the right direction. This is what sword and shield should have been and what the franchise needed for so long and they need to keep this formula and improve/reinvent it. If this is just an "experiment" then GG and it was nice while it lasted.

-The act of catching pokemon that you care about and making them stronger is at its very strongest here more than any of the other games. Seeing the alpha versions of pokemon that you love never got old for me and the distortions are the cherry on top. (Also, is it just me or are shinies much more common here? This is literally the first time I have EVER caught a shiny and I have a shiny staravia, drifblim, goomy and the free ponyta all in this one game...nice)

-The battle system is pretty nice in terms of reinventing the same old formula. Battles do feel more "real time" and "involved" (IMO this is the least tedious pokemon game in terms of the actual grinding) and it's really nice how they dumped the TM/HM concept which I always ******* hated, it can still benefit with feeling more dynamic and I have mixed feelings with the strong and agile style option.

The case i'd like to make for strong and agile style is that you like them when you are taking advantage of them but when they are used against you, you begin to see some glaring problems. It's nice to get some extra turns and get extra damage but when they are used against you, you hate how it cheeses out speed and spams turns and how annoying it is that your pokemon is more likely to die so easily as compared to former games........

Overall, the battle system has equal highs in contrast to the lows but it does not AT ALL take away from the fun of it (just occasionally frustrating in a bad way then it goes back to being fun again).

-NO. MORE. TRAINER. BATTLE. ENCOUNTERS. (I honestly didn't think they would do this nor did I think it was possible for them but wow....good on gamefreak for taking them out)

-The noble battles are really fun. I would take them any day over the Gym/Elite Four formula and they overtake the kahuna formula for me.

-The new side quest system has A LOT of potential. I am still to go through all of them since I plan to do them after i'm done with any main mission for the post-game. Finally, something to do after finishing the story.

NEGATIVES

-This has been said so many times already but it really is just a HUGE problem, the graphics and the general art direction for this game is so bad. The hardware limitations for the switch really holds this game back a lot in terms of the "open world" aspect of it (The draw distance is GOD AWFUL, The coloring is so drab and in need of more saturation and vibrance, The character models don't look like they belong in this generation, Needs serious retexturing since certain models looks so blurry for some reason etc.). Being in the switch works against this game's own detriment since it prevents it from being a good "open-world game" in conjunction to a good pokemon game at its core.

-I don't find the story boring.....I find the characters boring and the story I find disinteresting. None of the pearl, diamond, galactic folks are likable for me at all (In fact, I actually hate how much they come across as a lowkey asshole sometimes unintentionally). Volo is nice I guess and Cogita needed more build-up, the story really does suffer near the end and It is honestly just a bummer that the story of Pokemon is still stuck in the past despite the game itself trying something new.

-The pokemon in the open world of hisui suffers from the same problem as the pokemon from the sword and shield overworld. They just mindlessly prance around or chase after you when aggro'd and it's such a shame since this would have been the perfect time to introduce an improved ecosystem to the pokemon games since the focus of this was exploration and nature.

-The research point and the star system is in need of improvements. It gets so tedious catching pokemons that you don't give a **** about over and over again just to rank up or battle the same fodder pokemon to farm pokemon data. I thankfully got used to it as I went on but when I wasn't? Man did I almost quit.

-The mounts need more polished controls. I hated how clunky Wyrdeer is when climbing literally anything, Ursaluna's radar is annoyingly jumpy and it doesn't help that literally anything in Crimson Mirelands wants to kill you while you're just here searching for a Peat Block, Braviary for some reason can't fly higher when you use him so you either hit a mountain along the way or fly too close to the ground due to elevated lands and lastly,

SNEASLER'S CONTROLS ARE ASININE since he is fidgety and jumpy when climing things that are uneven, you annoyingly transition between just walking and clinging to the side of a mountain all over again instead of just doing what you want of the two and to top it all of, he is sooo annoyingly slow. Basculegion is the only mount here that I did not find anything notable to complain about (it would have been nice if he could climb waterfalls tho).

-Lastly.....those aggro mf's luxio and luxray's can get ****** to the moon. Annoying bastards. Jk.

VERDICT

This feels like an early-access to a really good pokemon game and I mean that in a good way. Pokemon needs to use this game as a framework to improve upon for later games instead of coming back to the same formula again and this is the LAST time they get a pass for graphics....

Last edited:
For the Miss Fortune Sisters:

Attack Potency: Multiverse level, likely Multiverse level+ (Challenged the player after their battle and capture of Palkia/Dialga (Charm) Comparable to Charm who challanged the player after their battle and capture of Palkia/Dialga (Clover and Coin). Regularly challanges the player, even after their battle, defeat, and capture of an enraged Origin Form Palkia/Dialga)

I will not tollerate criticism or corrections.

For the Miss Fortune Sisters:

Attack Potency: Multiverse level, likely Multiverse level+ (Challenged the player after their battle and capture of Palkia/Dialga (Charm) Comparable to Charm who challanged the player after their battle and capture of Palkia/Dialga (Clover and Coin). Regularly challanges the player, even after their battle, defeat, and capture of an enraged Origin Form Palkia/Dialga)

I will not tollerate criticism or corrections.
and we will not tolerate this argument.
Dismissed.
ccf9aed6-f4b3-4aca-87c4-5b42b11ab745.png

The only trainer that arguably scales to Rei/Akari is Volo because he was pretty damn confident about taking you on and was even baffled that he lost even though he knew literally everything about you and what you've done up to this point.

That reminds me when Volo gets a Profile, are we gonna give him Giratina as part of his standard Equipment since he commands it to fight you?

The only trainer that arguably scales to Rei/Akari is Volo because he was pretty damn confident about taking you on and was even baffled that he lost even though he knew literally everything about you and what you've done up to this point.
That reminds me when Volo gets a Profile, are we gonna give him Giratina as part of his standard Equipment since he commands it to fight you?
Excuse you...AND the Miss Fortune Sisters.

Should we possibly break it up into keys, similar to Gym Leaders and other trainers? He changes teams more than once. That or I might lean that Giratina was 'Optional'?

Cynthia was harder for 9 year old me so she scales above the verse
Red is also fodder. Leon is stated to be the strongest
Red was harder for 12 year old me so he scales above the verse. Leon is just copying Red with his Charizard, Red >>>

I mean...My player did get rocked by like 40 meteorites from Origin Dialga so humans obviously scale, too.

...I'm not bad at video games for children. YOU'RE bad at video games for children!

Not reading this whole thread, has anyone brought up some of the new dex entries? Rhyhorn's feat is low 7-B approximately (3.91990496 megatons using average stuff, though looking up some hokaido mountains to use as a benchmark might be best) so that's kinda ****** up.
Electrode's entry could also be taken as High 8-C too.

Not reading this whole thread, has anyone brought up some of the new dex entries? Rhyhorn's feat is low 7-B approximately so that's kinda ****** up.
Some have been brought up.
Rhyhorn's entry has certainly been taken notice of, & some revisions are being considered.

We probably don't consider it a relevant feat for Electrode's stage of Pokemon, but what's the feat & how do you figure?

Stated that its current is that of 20 lightning bolts, of course that doesn't inherently mean the energy as well, but assuming it does, it'd be like High 8-C+. And yeah, I just finished the dex and shiny charm last night, so basically done with it (was out of state for like a week or two, so I had like **** all to do and switch is portable so meh, was something to do).

Definitely noticed some interesting dex entries, some of which might lead to some noteworthy calcs or a few ability additions, even if not drastic.

Interesting. I did take note of many I found interesting, but mostly for behavioural or sometimes ability related reasons.

I do encourage you to bring up those you find interesting, especially if you feel that there's feats worth calculating to be gleamed from them.

Not reading this whole thread, has anyone brought up some of the new dex entries? Rhyhorn's feat is low 7-B approximately (3.91990496 megatons using average stuff, though looking up some hokaido mountains to use as a benchmark might be best) so that's kinda ****** up.
I am cooking up an upgrade already

Speaking of Dex Entries, did anyone notice the one about Raichu basically being able to One-Shot Copperajah?
Yeah.
It can discharge bursts of electricity exceeding 100,000 volts— a single strike with that amount of power would incapacitate one of the Copperajah of my homeland.
Although, IDK if Copperajah have any notable scaling.

Back