• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"Pokémon Legends: Arceus" Discussion Thread (SPOILERS)

Why a Magikarp specifically if any Pokemon can do it?
Magikarp is 10-C to 9-A everything else is at bare minimum tier 8-C. Magikarp is the only thing that can receive any significant upgrade from this.

Yeah, but IIRC, the boulder's destruction would look the same no matter which Pokemon does it, because any Pokemon can do it, so why do we need footage with Magikarp specifically if it wouldn't look at any different at all with Magikarp?

Yeah, but IIRC, the boulder's destruction would look the same no matter which Pokemon does it, because any Pokemon can do it, so why do we need footage with Magikarp specifically if it wouldn't look at any different at all with Magikarp?
Covering our bases to prove Magikarp can and that there's no in-game restrictions.

If we have footage, the unaware or non-knowlegeable viewer has less questions.

Understandable. Sadly, I have neither a Switch, nor the game, so I can't help.

Anyone have the means to record footage of this in PLA?

>Wild Might: "All the Pokémon’s stats are boosted. The Pokémon also takes reduced damage from status conditions and move effects such as poisoning and splinters."
Terrific Might: "The Pokémon takes reduced damage from status conditions and move effects such as poisoning and splinters."
Terrible Might: "All the Pokémon’s stats are boosted. The Pokémon also takes reduced damage from status conditions and move effects such as poisoning and splinters."

Passive abilities that alpha Pokémon and Giratina have.

What's the in-lore explanation for Alpha Pokemon?
How do we know they aren't exclusive to Ancient Hisui or the specific universe PL:A takes place in, kinda like Mystery Dungeon with IQ Skills?

What's the in-lore explanation for Alpha Pokemon?
How do we know they aren't exclusive to Ancient Hisui or the specific universe PL:A takes place in, kinda like Mystery Dungeon with IQ Skills?
Out of control Dialga/Palkia’s doing. Eternatus like situation here.

the feat as i see it atm feels low, around 9-B or so. I mean it isn't even shattering the boulder its just knocking it piece by piece. The ke won't be high.

Am I the only one that thinks it's funny that the reason Giratina acts the way he does in Platinum is because he got his ass kicked three times in a row by the same person who was trying to save the world so he just said "**** it, I'll protect the world now if you stop beating my ass"?

Am I the only one that thinks it's funny that the reason Giratina acts the way he does in Platinum is because he got his ass kicked three times in a row by the same person who was trying to save the world so he just said "**** it, I'll protect the world now if you stop beating my ass"?
Who beat it 3 times?

Who beat it 3 times?
The player character in Legends: Arceus. That is verbatim stated what happened. He lost to you and decided to protect the world instead of destroying it. What makes it crazier is that he was Amped the first two times and Bloodlusted.

The player character in Legends: Arceus. That is verbatim stated what happened. He lost to you and decided to protect the world instead of destroying it. What makes it crazier is that he was Amped the first two times and Bloodlusted.
You beat it once. Two times if you count his encounter in his cave. I don’t see a third time anywhere.

Form 1 and 2 is one fight. That’s not how logic works. He only lost twice, and that’s a fact.
Form 1 and 2 may be the same fight in technicality, but iirc he recharges in HP and everything. This second wind makes it functionally 3 fights, even if you only instigate them twice.

On that note, who else thinks Giratina changing forms was ******* sick?

Form 1 and 2 may be the same fight in technicality, but iirc he recharges in HP and everything. This second wind makes it functionally 3 fights, even if you only instigate them twice.

On that note, who else thinks Giratina changing forms was ******* sick?
Bro, they gave Giratina so much ******* hype in this game and I love it. Like damn, i wasn't expecting us to fight a Bloodlusted and Amped up Giratina that then gets a second wind and another Amp on top of it since it says it released it's true power in Origin Form. I think the best thing about it was the transition into his theme though with how they added a ******* heartbeat to the Flatline and a ******* electric guitar when it switches to his actual battle theme.

Also, I know I meme'd about it earlier but did anyone else like how Giratina basically got a little bit of Character Development in this game by going from the violent monster talked about in the lore to the shadowy protector of the real world he becomes in Platinum by literally stopping Cyrus from doing the same shit Volo was doing with his help? Also, it's my new Headcanon that the reason Giratina studies Lucas/Dawn so intently in Platinum before they fight is because of how much they remind him of Rei/Akari who set him on this new path and you're not gonna change my mind about that.

Back