• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon: God Tiers Ability Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plot-Induced Stupidity

Descriptio

PIS, short for "Plot-Induced Stupidity" is a term used to refer to events in a story that contradict a character's normal capabilities for the purpose of the plot. For example, if a generally competent, intelligent villain does something stupid like not killing the hero immediately when he has the chance, and that allows the hero to win, that would be an example of PIS (If the villain was just incompetent in general, it would be CIS, or short for "Character-Induced Stupidity" instead).

I'm gonna be honest. I don't know the difference between PIS, low ends, and inconsistencies. Not to say I believe the differences don't exist, but I still don't know what they are.

And Kep, where's my Doom Desire calc birthday present? ovo

I'm pretty sure having uber powerful characters that vastly exceed infinitely weaker characters be portrayed in such a way is PIS.

Unless you meant it as just a simple anti-feat?

It's also true that in the movie Arceus depends on the tables while in the games (The true canon) it literally doesn't need them, especially since the tables are scattered all over Sinnoh.

Also:

"The world created, the Original One took to unyielding sleep..."

@Overlord

That was from a non canon issue. A better example would be Silver Surfer getting knocked out by Colombian construction workers

@Cal

I'm doing a Madara calc, after that I'll calc Doom Desire for ya.

Kepekley23 said:
@Overlord
That was from a non canon issue. A better example would be Silver Surfer getting knocked out by Colombian construction workers
Clearly the power of Colombian construction workers is far beyond your comprehension.

I'm going to just say this. The section of Cyrus destroying spirit = emotions is an incredibly flawed argument that ignores the Manga and Game continuity. No, it is downright destruction of knowledge, emotions, and willpower. Would it make sense to get rid of only the thing Mespirit embodies when the context says Cyrus wants to get rid of spirit even though within the literal Sinnoh Mythology in the games, it says they are the ones who gave the world spirit? Spirit is literally defined as their respected concepts.

Also, Cyrus literally talks about not only emotions, but knowledge and willpower here as well in the Manga. He goes on to summon Dialga and Palkia to not only make a new universe in intentio, but he wants to get rid of the spirit of the world regardless. Of course, unless you read the Manga, you probably wouldn't have known the full context of ANOTHER instance of Emotion, Information, and Willpower Destruction. It's not on TheMightyRegulator's blog for the full context of those scans.

NeoZex has already shown above the confirmation literally from the games. Cyrus' intentions are quite easily to get rid of Spirit as a whole. Cyrus literally said he got rid of spirit in Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon using the power of Dialga/Palkia.. Spirit isn't simply "destroyed" just by getting rid of all life. Cyrus himself wanted to literally rid it from applying to the world. That entire point seems to be that of people who don't really go or know into the scattered lore.

I would like to say I agree with Cal as well. Had he not already tried to cover the reasonings, I would've tried to help. This is my two cents on just one of the things I want to vocalize here. I'll make another comment later if it gets more opposition.

"Again, read the manga. Cyrus holds up plates, and Arceus uses moves of said types. And correct me if I'm wrong, but Arceus doesn't learn any Grass- or Electric- type moves via level up. Consistent with lore as well, given this is the creator of the concept of types."

Don't really get how this impiles it can use every single move. It further states that Arceus can use every type but that's it.

@Overlord Let's say i create 4 people with Death Manipulation, Life Manipulation, Fate Manipulation and Time Manipulation, Does that mean i get those 4 abilities? Certainly not. Arceus is no different.

To be honest, I think Arceus should get a new key, the key to the original spirit.

The games claim that all pokémon and humans are part of the original spirit, which is why the spirit should get all the abilities, it is much more likely that the original spirit itself is the primordial chaos mentioned in the myths.

NeoZex6399 said:
To be honest, I think Arceus should get a new key, the key to the original spirit.
The games claim that all pokémon and humans are part of the original spirit, which is why the spirit should get all the abilities, to be honest it is much more likely that the original spirit itself is the primordial chaos mentioned in the myths.
I agree to this idea as well. It seems that Arceus has some of the Original One's stuff pasted on the profile which is where some of this confusion is coming from in general on some of the Powers and Abilities on the profile.

That technically means the unrestrained Original One could be loosely interpreted as 1-A.

lol

The Original one is Arceus, in the myth in which the original spirit is mentioned and described, a distinction is made between the Original one (arceus) and the original spirit.

NeoZex6399 said:
The Original one is Arceus, in the myth in which the original spirit is mentioned and described, a distinction is made between the Original one (arceus) and the original spirit.
I meant Original Spirit not Original One. My bad.

The phrase "original spirit" is used once, and only to describe the non-physical form of the pokemon who shaped the world, which is Arceus. It is immediately followed by saying the "spirit" made time and space, which we know Arceus did. I don't think it's referring to something else.

TurboTriangle601 said:
@Overlord
Let's say i create 4 people with Death Manipulation, Life Manipulation, Fate Manipulation and Time Manipulation, Does that mean i get those 4 abilities? Certainly not. Arceus is no different.

I think that person should and our rule on power bestowal is bs.

Just going to come in and say before we start a discussion about Kyubei or comparisons to other verses, that Cal should make a CRT regarding his disagreements about our rules on Power Bestowal. Otherwise arguments against the rules here would be a waste of time.

To be honest in the myths and descriptions of Arceus it is said that it creates 2 beings of time and space.
It is also reasonable that the original spirit is the primordial chaos, time, space, all pokémon and humans are all part of the same presence that is the original spirit, just as all things were one in the primordial chaos.

@RK Cynthia claims to feel the powers of Dialga, Palkia and Giratina on Arceus in HG/SS.

In addition, the only Arceus you can legally obtain in gen 4 has the unique moves of Dialga/Palkia and Giratina.

But this is redundant with the "original spirit" stuff around here.

Arceusmoves

I agree with dragon, I just gave an example of why that logic isn't exactly right but here is not the best place for that discussion.

How so? Cal didn't say anything like that, while what you said is the best way to go (at least for me)

Burden of proofs works the other way around, you need proofs that he has such powers.

Anyway, let's stop derailing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back