• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Discussion Thread - Red & Blue arc

9464687-images%284%29%2831%29.jpeg

9464686-2024-09-03-01-20-57-488.jpg
There is no reason you would have posted this other than to get a rise out of me.

Nintendo is now being harsher on videos that repost things like tournaments, gameplay sequences, trailers, etc. without "creative or editorial" input.

Why I think this concerns us is that this hurts videos that upload, like, hours of uncommented gameplay, which might start disappearing in the future.
Those videos are very valuable for sourcing feats & stuff.

The rayquaza thing seems unlikely we already are have a green snake protector of the world in the game as a presumably major plot element.

Honestly I would believe it's some group that mixed the two legendaries up before I'd fully believe both are going to show up as major parts of the story in the same game

Haven't watched the video, but the only thing that leans me towards Rayquaza being important is simply the fact that it has a lore relevant Mega evolution and this is our first game in a while to bring megas back.

Regulation H will have its first tournament around the 15th or the 16th, & we're probably in a drought of Pokemon content for now, so meh, competitive Regulation H niche Pokemonv ideo because why not?

I feel it's pretty much impossible for Zygarde to not have relevance in some way, given the color theming and name of the game, and the region of course.

But, given the lack of Megas being available in the main series for a decent while now, I do feel it in my bones Rayquaza as well as the other Mega Legendaries (Latios, Latias, Mewtwo, maybe even Kyogre and Groudon's Primals) will be in the game, and may serve a more surprise role in the plot...But to what capacity? I'm not sure I can guess or agree with any theories yet.

I'm also hedging my bet that Mega Evolution is returning for Gen 10's main series game. Maybe not EVERY Mega making the base game roster, and I'm not saying it'll be back for good, but I think the mechanic will return for Gen 10. Scarlet and Violet included all of Hisui's unique pokemon forms in its base game with updated moves and abilities rebalanced for the main game battle style Vs. the 'Legends' battle system. I think the same thing is going to happen, that they're going to make sure at least one mainline game 'adapts' the Legends content into the 'Main Game' battle system, and since I don't buy the "There's no new Megas" fan theory, I'm betting Mega Evolution will return just so we have a 'Main Game' that includes any new Megas added.

Yeah, Xerneas is a terror in VGC & Yveltal is a terorr in Ubers, as is Zygarde-Complete.

Although IDK if Zygarde saw much VGC play, so if GF wanted to make Zygarde VGC viable....

Although IDK if Zygarde saw much VGC play, so if GF wanted to make Zygarde VGC viable....
Okay so the reason Zygarde is bad is because power construct isn't great the primary change is hp the other being trading speed for special attack because core enforcer was a special move.
The transformation is triggered being brought to halve health so you don't fully benefit from the main change it also doesn't activate until the end of the turn meaning you can't just use a focus sash with the dog form to get the maximum benefit.
I am sure if it could start in 100% or power construct activated immediately after it took enough damage to go below half health it would be better.

Last edited:
Yeah, Xerneas is a terror in VGC & Yveltal is a terorr in Ubers, as is Zygarde-Complete.

Considering you don't mind spoilers then I'm telling you this :

the main antagonist of Pokemon Horizons has a Zygarde
9473803-20240910_000600.jpg

It seems there is a connection between Paldea and Legends ZA so It's very likely we're going to get a Legends ZA arc

I will never put it past Game Freak's tendency to frontload certain pokemon to just make Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde ridiculously strong in some way just because they can.

Megas for Xerneas and Yveltal, and a new 110% from for Zygarde, they all get hilariously overtuned nerfs within 2 gens and we meme how bad they are after that.

Question: Shouldn't we make profiles for Gladion and Kukui from the anime? They both have some different scales than the games and their own feats and even different Pokemon?

Considering you don't mind spoilers then I'm telling you this :

the main antagonist of Pokemon Horizons has a Zygarde
9473803-20240910_000600.jpg

It seems there is a connection between Paldea and Legends ZA so It's very likely we're going to get a Legends ZA arc
The legends ZA logo is also in one of the Paldea buildings, I'll try to find it

Back