• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Discussion Thread - Red & Blue arc

So anyways boys, spoilers ahead
pokemon journeys ep 114 is titled "training battle of flames! Satoshi vs. Shinji". Shinji is Paul. Paul is boutta be turned to fodder confirmed?

Guy who did the anime. The novel was writen as his Idea of the background behind the anime, though as someone who was only brought on to do the anime and with the novel being released after he departed from the anime, it's not canon in any form.

Guy who did the anime. The novel was writen as his Idea of the background behind the anime, though as someone who was only brought on to do the anime and with the novel being released after he departed from the anime, it's not canon in any form.
yeowch. Though tbh it is consistent with how everything's portrayed in general

and with the novel being released after he departed from the anime, it's not canon in any form.
I see no reason for it to be non canon. Book was released in 1997 when he was working on the anime

It's an in depth retelling of Ash's journey, but he writes brief (and very interesting), info about Pokémon at the end of it.

New pic to use as a weapon
fd3.jpg

It's a light novel written by Takeshi shudo. It was never released outside Japan but I found a fan translation of it.
As far as I can tell, it's just text on a screen? How can we be sure it's an actual novel excerpt?
I see no reason for it to be non canon. Book was released in 1997 when he was working on the anime

It's an in depth retelling of Ash's journey, but he writes brief (and very interesting), info about Pokémon at the end of it.
This info makes me concerned that it is non-canon, considering the author stopped working on the anime. Also, it may not be clear how well it aligns with the anime. We should check for notable evidence where it aligns with or contradicts the anime as is, after his work.

Isn't that the book that says 10 year olds are canonically adults hence why they're allowed to do whatever the hell?

As far as I can tell, it's just text on a screen? How can we be sure it's an actual novel excerpt?

This info makes me concerned that it is non-canon, considering the author stopped working on the anime.
The novel was written while he was working on the anime. He left 4-5 years later. How does that invalidate all his works. Lol
Also, it may not be clear how well it aligns with the anime. We should check for notable evidence where it aligns with or contradicts the anime as is, after his work.
Let me repeat myself. The novel is basically Ash's journey

anyways i'd like to have a word with all yall. I need help. Besides going through exams right not, i am a one-man army. I've been trying to thoroughly edit profiles, adding tabbers and abilities, adding pre-evolutions and generally cleaning up. But i ain't enough, unless you want me to finish the revisions by this winter.

What i want is the next:

1.Go through different profiles (specifically gen 3-8) and look for pokemon who lack pre-evolutions. If you see one, go get an image of the pre evolutions (one that is cropped and good to use, like the ones we have in our profiles) and upload it to the wiki under the name of the pokemon in question. If a pokemon's name is already taken then notify me.
This will make it easier for me since i won't have to go downloading and uploading images constantly to fix those profiles.

2. Go through profiles and find ones where there is a lack of moves or a link to a bulbapedia page describing all the moves.
Once you do, find their respective page and start adding the moves.
The moves that need adding are:
-level up moves
-egg moves

Additionally if they lack abilities then add them as well.

As a reference you can use my newly edited Eevee page. Make sure it follows the same structure and editing since otherwise its gonna look dumb.

3. Finally, if you have the will, please edit the starter pages for me. Gen 1-3 is done but gen 4 and beyond isn't.
Here's a reference to how it should look (ignore the moves of charizard, they need editing).

What i want is them to have the same LS, the same intelligence ratings (but with the right names edited in), the same AP and the same speed. If they've a g-max then give them the g-max ratings as well. If they've a mega then add them the mega evo stats.

The only current exception for this is Dewott, who deserves gifted intelligence, though that is all.

Please, if anyone is willing to do those things from time to time, you are going to do me good.
I'll be working on the starters now

Scratch that. Can't do it because autoconfirmed. Whatever that is

Last edited:
Is the spoiler summer season finally beginning?!
hopefully, can't wait for new pokemon and i hope i get to see some new feats this game.

I am also excited for the mechanics in this game.

Additionally, i personally hope for the legendaries to have their own unique feats so we can have them have unique tiers, such as High 6-B or 6-A, maybe 5-C or even 5-A. It probably won't go beyond tier 6 but i just want to see someone who doesn't end up scaling to currently existing feats

We'll just have to wait and see. I feel this game is pretty unique, since it's GF first truly open world game. Hopefully GF has some great things to show

Hi! I'm new to this forum. I've followed it occasionally for quite a bit as a visitor and now I've finally decided to make an account to write something too. I've seen that Arceus has been recently promoted on the Low-1C Tier, but it is considered useless because he doesn't have feats in this tier, and all his power and hax are maximum 4D (so at max 2-A). But isn't that wrong actually? We know from the Flame plate that:

"The power of defeated giants infuses this Plate."

From this, we know that the Original One has defeated these Giants, creatures that have never been clearly explained in the Pokémon series. Anyway, we know from the Meadow plate that:

"The powers of Plates are shared among Pokémon."

Which means, as we already know, that the Giants' powers were the types (elements) and that they have been used by Arceus to create the Pokémon (or better, give them powers). But when did this happen? Reading the Earth plate:

"When the universe was created, its shards became this Plate."

We can see that the plates, infused with the powers of the elements, have been created during the creation of the universe, which means that the battle between the Original One and the Giants happened before the creation of the Pokémon universe.
The only strange thing is that, reading the Mind plate:

"The Original One breathed alone before the universe came."

There should be no one other than Arceus present before the creation, but it's clear that this is not true. Maybe the Giants came from a place outside the Chaos (which seems to be absurd since the concept of space itself still didn't exist) or more likely there is a different reason that, if we are fortunate, we will discover in the future games.

Anyway, before the universe was created there has been a moment when the Original One faced 17 Giants, defeated all of them, and absorbed their power. Then he created the universe and infused part of this power in the remaining fragment of the creation as written on the Earth plate.

Given all of this, the Giants should be the considered existence similar to the Original One (so same Tier) with all power and hax of the plates (since it's their power) and so Arceus since has beaten and absorbed them should have enough feats to maintain all the powers and hax in its page even after the upgrade in Tier right?

Sorry for the wall of text, it came out longer than I've initially imagined.

Disclaimer: I'm literally the last arrived in this forum so I'm not trying in any way to make a CRT (I don't even know if I am allowed to create one), this is more a way to make present something that I've seen no one talk about before in the previous threads that I read.

The Giants thing was referring to the Flame plate tho

Thing is all you said were simply extrapolating and GF hasn't really delved deep in the lore to figure that out

Best we can do is wait until we get some explanation about the lore

Hi! I'm new to this forum. I've followed it occasionally for quite a bit as a visitor and now I've finally decided to make an account to write something too. I've seen that Arceus has been recently promoted on the Low-1C Tier, but it is considered useless because he doesn't have feats in this tier, and all his power and hax are maximum 4D (so at max 2-A). But isn't that wrong actually? We know from the Flame plate that:

"The power of defeated giants infuses this Plate."

From this, we know that the Original One has defeated these Giants, creatures that have never been clearly explained in the Pokémon series. Anyway, we know from the Meadow plate that:

"The powers of Plates are shared among Pokémon."

Which means, as we already know, that the Giants' powers were the types (elements) and that they have been used by Arceus to create the Pokémon (or better, give them powers). But when did this happen? Reading the Earth plate:

"When the universe was created, its shards became this Plate."

We can see that the plates, infused with the powers of the elements, have been created during the creation of the universe, which means that the battle between the Original One and the Giants happened before the creation of the Pokémon universe.
The only strange thing is that, reading the Mind plate:

"The Original One breathed alone before the universe came."

There should be no one other than Arceus present before the creation, but it's clear that this is not true. Maybe the Giants came from a place outside the Chaos (which seems to be absurd since the concept of space itself still didn't exist) or more likely there is a different reason that, if we are fortunate, we will discover in the future games.

Anyway, before the universe was created there has been a moment when the Original One faced 17 Giants, defeated all of them, and absorbed their power. Then he created the universe and infused part of this power in the remaining fragment of the creation as written on the Earth plate.

Given all of this, the Giants should be the considered existence similar to the Original One (so same Tier) with all power and hax of the plates (since it's their power) and so Arceus since has beaten and absorbed them should have enough feats to maintain all the powers and hax in its page even after the upgrade in Tier right?

Sorry for the wall of text, it came out longer than I've initially imagined.

Disclaimer: I'm literally the last arrived in this forum so I'm not trying in any way to make a CRT (I don't even know if I am allowed to create one), this is more a way to make present something that I've seen no one talk about before in the previous threads that I read.
I mean yes they should be the same level
Wait a second. This means that since they are of comparable existence to The Heart, Arceus’s hax in his Low 1-C key is now Low 1-C

I mean yes they should be the same level
Wait a second. This means that since they are of comparable existence to The Heart, Arceus’s hax in his Low 1-C key is now Low 1-C
Yes, It's what I'm trying to say. Since they all come from before the creation of the universe, they are all of similar level and so this means that Arceus has actually a feat at Low-1C tier.

The Giants thing was referring to the Flame plate tho

Thing is all you said were simply extrapolating and GF hasn't really delved deep in the lore to figure that out

Best we can do is wait until we get some explanation about the lore
Yes, there is almost nothing about them, but we know that they have all the powers of their respective plate and they come from before the creation of the universe, and so are comparable to the Original One. This should be enough as a feat for Arceus.

What makes his hax low 1C now....

Don't go quoting defeated giants thing anywhere. We have no idea who they are. For all I know they're low 1C but what evidence you got

Back