• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Discussion Thread - Red & Blue arc

legendary.png

Koraidon and Miraidon grace the covers of Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet, respectively.

Koraidon is a Legendary Pokémon you can meet in Pokémon Scarlet, and Miraidon is a Legendary Pokémon you can meet in Pokémon Violet. These two Pokémon are said to have powers that far surpass those of other Pokémon, but details about Koraidon and Miraidon are still shrouded in mystery.

Seems the leaks were kinda legit. About the legendaries being Modern vs Traditional

Probably some time traveling stuff or dimensional hopping will go on

legendary.png

Koraidon and Miraidon grace the covers of Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet, respectively.

Koraidon is a Legendary Pokémon you can meet in Pokémon Scarlet, and Miraidon is a Legendary Pokémon you can meet in Pokémon Violet. These two Pokémon are said to have powers that far surpass those of other Pokémon, but details about Koraidon and Miraidon are still shrouded in mystery.
Apologies if this is inappropriate to say, but Koraidon looks like if a giant, bipedal lizard went & bought the headdress part of a Native American chieftain costume, then went to a destruction derby, stole someone's custom paintjob tire & jammed the tire into its head/neck.

I understand it's meant to resemble a throat sac, but still. Miraidon's looks interesting, even if I'm not sure of the purpose of the technological-looking elements. Miraidon looks good otherwise, though.
Dare I say, better "techno-organic" look than a lot of Digimon I've seen.

If they're supposed to be a Modern vs Traditional, IDK which is meant to be which, though.

Apologies if this is inappropriate to say, but Koraidon looks like if a giant, bipedal lizard went & bought the headdress part of a Native American chieftain costume, then went to a destruction derby, stole someone's custom paintjob tire & jammed the tire into its head/neck.

I understand it's meant to resemble a throat sac, but still. Miraidon's looks interesting, even if I'm not sure of the purpose of the technological-looking elements. Miraidon looks good otherwise, though.

If they're supposed to be a Modern vs Traditional, IDK which is meant to be which, though.
Miraidon is Modern, Koraidon is Traditional. I'll probably end up picking Violet, as I am a scrub who chooses Pokemon games based on the design of the cover legendary.

"These two Pokémon are said to have powers that far surpass those of other Pokémon,"

Those are some very bold claims for a couple of lizards

Apologies if this is inappropriate to say, but Koraidon looks like if a giant, bipedal lizard went & bought the headdress part of a Native American chieftain costume, then went to a destruction derby, stole someone's custom paintjob tire & jammed the tire into its head/neck
That hurt his feelings bro......
Agreed. Personally I love the designs. They look, intimidating, and they don't quite look like Pokémon. Specially the modern one.

The designs are amazing and the game looks damn promising.
I still can't get used to the face designs of the characters and the face of the male professor looks like someone deepfaked a gigachad render, however it doesn't matter that much.

the weird monkey thing was kinda wack ngl...however...

ALL HAIL THE NEW POKEMON
gRH2KL8.png

LECHÖNK

The designs are amazing and the game looks damn promising.
I still can't get used to the face designs of the characters and the face of the male professor looks like someone deepfaked a gigachad render, however it doesn't matter that much.

the weird monkey thing was kinda wack ngl...however...
Weird monkey thing? Pawmi? It's a rodent? Or a gopher, or something. The Japanese classification is "nezumi", which apparently, Japanese -Or at least, GameFreak- uses for a lot of rodents, so purist translators just translated it as "mouse".
ALL HAIL THE NEW POKEMON
gRH2KL8.png

LECHÖNK
Meh, Lechonk is decent. I do like that it has lore, like how it repels bugs by finding only very aromatic food to eat & thus smelling like plants, & that it's explicitly not very fat, just muscle from walking around a lot.
Part of me likes that it's more muscle than fat so that people are wrong to think of it as their chubby little baby or whatever.

Also, Grass type Aroma makes Pokémon lose their will.

Games not released yet and Holy llama is already booking passives

IMG_20220601_150912.jpg

Yeah definitely getting Pokemon Violet, I already wanted to get pokemon violet but now I definitely do

The new legendaries are very cool, and on top of that they are from a region inspired in my country.
Btw, I think it's pretty clear that they represent tradition/past vs. modernity/future.
And the end of the new trailer makes me think that it is quite possible that Dialga is involved in the story of these games.

There's certainly going to be some time related stuff. The ending scene gives off cosmic vibes

It might actually be able to tie in with PLA, specifically the past version. There's Hisuian Zoroark in the game

There's certainly going to be some time related stuff. The ending scene gives off cosmic vibes

It might actually be able to tie in with PLA, specifically the past version. There's Hisuian Zoroark in the game
Initially, I was thinking that it was only a teaser of the third legendary, but then seeing the pokéball I changed my mind. Maybe it's a dimension that connects the universes through the multiverse (like The Conduit in Xenoblade), and the pokemon trades (that have been shown in the trailer) work through this dimension (which would finally be an explanation). It would be a good way to explain also the presence of Zoroark, thanks to a third legendary that creates chaos in the dimension like Hoopa. Well, It's only an enormous guess, on the edge of pure fantasy.

P.S. For now I'm team Violet (I want robo-lizard).

It wouldn't make much sense cos we've been transferring Pokémon across universes since forever

But hey, it's GF and we're just speculating at this point

Back