• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Discussion Thread - Red & Blue arc

What makes his hax low 1C now....

Don't go quoting defeated giants thing anywhere. We have no idea who they are. For all I know they're low 1C but what evidence you got
Existing at the same level as the heart would make them possibly low 1-C
I digress....

You've been reading the manga iirc. Did you find any new stuff?
Nah not much that isn’t here already, Deoxys in the manga however can also heal pretty major damage to its core as well as Make a ton of duplicates to attack, but other then that not much. (I have not had that much time to read a ton lately)

Them Previously existing outside of Arceus mostly
The powers of the plates are shared amongst all Pokémon, but then the Giants powers were originally not part of the plates until Arceus infused it there. That's evidence of entities beyond Arceus influence (he did beat their ass tho, 1 vs 6 probably). Weird part, they're not even called Pokémon, but Giants. Hmmph

But those are all fun little theories based on lore.

The powers of the plates are shared amongst all Pokémon, but then the Giants powers were originally not part of the plates until Arceus infused it there. That's evidence of entities beyond Arceus influence (he did beat their ass tho, 1 vs 6 probably). Weird part, they're not even called Pokémon, but Giants. Hmmph

But those are all fun little theories based on lore.
1 vs 18 more likely (every pokemon plate) and the legend plate is likely a result of fusing them
Yeah but Pokemon alone are not all that Arceus is (he is everything even stuff which is not Pokemon).
Yes they are just some fun theories based on entities Which appeared within literally a single sentence in the entire series(I was hoping we would get more information on them in Legends Arceus but I guess we probably never will)

The Giants powers were infused in only the flame plate. Not all the plates

The legend plate is pretty much all the other plates combined

1 vs 18 more likely (every pokemon plate) and the legend plate is likely a result of fusing them
Yeah but Pokemon alone are not all that Arceus is (he is everything even stuff which is not Pokemon).
Yes they are just some fun theories based on entities Which appeared within literally a single sentence in the entire series(I was hoping we would get more information on them in Legends Arceus but I guess we probably never will)
Probably is 1 vs 17 since Arceus in base form is Normal type, and we haven't had a Normal plate until Legends Arceus, where it has been called Blank Plate (while in my language has been translated more like "reset plate" since it return Arceus to his initial type). Practically it is implied that Arceus is the Normal type Giant, but this is only a supposition more than anything else.

Arceus vs. Giants be like
46z6on.jpg

The Giants powers were infused in only the flame plate. Not all the plates
Wrong. The text of the plates in the original games of 4th generation were not bound to a specific plate, but they were simply shown in order, independently from the plate that you find. In fact the texts were only eight, and when you found the 9th plate they restart from the first text.

Wrong. The text of the plates in the original games of 4th generation were not bound to a specific plate, but they were simply shown in order, independently from the plate that you find. In fact the texts were only eight, and when you found the 9th plate they restart from the first text.
They used a singular word for the defeated Giants text, and plural when referring to Pokémon powers coming from plates. Clearly there's a distinction

Why does GF say weird things on the plates that clearly make no sense?

They used a singular word for the defeated Giants text, and plural when referring to Pokémon powers coming from plates. Clearly there's a distinction

Why does GF say weird things on the plates that clearly make no sense?
What do you mean with "a singular word"?

Yeah, I would like too if they were a little more clear about their lore istead of leaving us speculate on single lines of text from 2006 even after another game about the same legendaries. I follow a fantastic youtuber of Pokémon lore (Cydonia, only Italian videos unfortunately) that probably curse Masuda every night before sleeping because of this.

I meant the defeated Giants were mentioned to be infused in that one plate, which was the flame plate. If they were referring to all plates it wouldve been worded in the plural

I feel you bruh..They had an entire game to do Arceus justice...... And they basically repeat everything they said about Arceus in older games. Just vague lore with no substance

I meant the defeated Giants were mentioned to be infused in that one plate, which was the flame plate. If they were referring to all plates it wouldve been worded in the plural

I feel you bruh..They had an entire game to do Arceus justice...... And they basically repeat everything they said about Arceus in older games. Just vague lore with no substance
before, answering you, I wrote:
The text of the plates in the original games of 4th generation were not bound to a specific plate, but they were simply shown in order, independently from the plate that you find. In fact the texts were only eight, and when you found the 9th plate they restart from the first text.
Practically the text is valid for every plate because they are non bound to a particular one. Only in Legend Arceus, where they added enough texts to have one text for plate they bounded the text to specific plates. The text so is not referred to the flame plate alone.

After checking Bulbapedia, it seems you were right about the engravings not being tied to a plate

Unfortunately it's too vague to get anything out of this in a crt

What a shame. Well, we can only hope for the next games to have something about them (In Sword and Shield there is something that can possibly be related to the giants, but it's pure speculation). Maybe tomorrow they surprise us, obviously not who knows.

PLA ended in kinda a cliffhanger, and SV teaser had Hisuian Pokémon roaming in the wild

Best we can hope for is a tie in Sequel to Arceus story. Hopefully more lore

SV teaser had Hisuian Pokémon roaming in the wild
Wait, are you sure? I don't remember seeing them. Moreover, they should be extinct by the time when the new games take place (modern time). It would be possible only if SV has the Space-Time Distorsion like PLA.
Best we can hope for is a tie in Sequel to Arceus story. Hopefully more lore
I would love that, but I don't it will happen soon. Now I'm looking forward for the remake of the 5th generation, they are arguably the best game story wise. An evoluted LPA approach with the Original Dragon would be incredible.

Wait, are you sure? I don't remember seeing them. Moreover, they should be extinct by the time when the new games take place (modern time). It would be possible only if SV has the Space-Time Distorsion like PLA.
It was in the Pre release screenshots
I would love that, but I don't it will happen soon. Now I'm looking forward for the remake of the 5th generation, they are arguably the best game story wise. An evoluted LPA approach with the Original Dragon would be incredible.
Agreed.

It was in the Pre release screenshots
You're right. There is Zoroark in one of the images. Considering this and the clear focus of the games on types, maybe they are more interesting than what they appear to be. We will find out in a few hours.

Well we aren't going back to dynamax based on lore

Won't be surprised we get a new "energy" that allows a Pokémon to transform into something else and use a special move...... Once, before reverting back

Seriously tho, who the heck has been giving GF ideas on these stuff

You're right. There is Zoroark in one of the images. Considering this and the clear focus of the games on types, maybe they are more interesting than what they appear to be. We will find out in a few hours.
Another gimmick, all pokémon can change type and gain stab👀

I wanna see a gimmick where pokemon either can get a temporary extra type even if they have 2, or have them be able to fuse moves into one, shooting a move that has a double typing that does damage based on the two

I wanna see a gimmick where pokemon either can get a temporary extra type even if they have 2, or have them be able to fuse moves into one, shooting a move that has a double typing that does damage based on the two
It would be interesting, but I fear that in this way the competitive will turn into hell. But I don't play competitive so, come forth triple type!

It would be interesting, but I fear that in this way the competitive will turn into hell. But I don't play competitive so, come forth triple type!
competetive is already a few steps away from being chess.com so i don't see any problem with ruining it any further

So he knew how to use the word "transcend". And he blueballed us with PLA🙄. Also, maybe Pokémon will get some real evolution, it's stagnated as hell

That would be lame as hell. Looking at GF. How is that even gonna work

It's almost time for the trailer. Let's see what they have for us

So he knew how to use the word "transcend". And he blueballed us with PLA🙄. Also, maybe Pokémon will get some real evolution, it's stagnated as hell

Well, that's interesting.

I wonder how things will change with him not directing? Will some "gimmicks" return more often? Will we get tougher games?

BTW, anyone know if there'll be a way to watch the new trailer live?

Back