• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Discussion Thread - Red & Blue arc

I'll make the AP upgrades after 2nd of march since im busy then. I am also waiting for a FTL calc that I requested Psychomaster to make

https://scarletviolet.pokemon.com/en-us/
Should we make a spoiler-free thread for Scarlet & Violet? Or keep it here but spoilered, to avoid thread cluttering & such?
Also, AAAAHHH! Scarlet has the better hat, but Violet has the better pants! Why would you make the appearance a version difference like this?! I hope different appearance between versions doesn't mean we don't get Trainer appearance customizations.

Yeah and sadly it changes nothing, he's like a bit higher than 4 dimensions now
I don't get it how it can be "bit" higher than 4D, i don't even think that make 2 baseline pokemon world. There's state arceus world "beyond time and space" I am sure it's can arguable to become L1-C since it's state arceus lives in high dimension, make it above 4 dimensional universe palkia and dialga control and extradimensional space, and different meaning with "beyond space and time" Distortion world that only meaning (there's no time and space can be apply) while this statement refer to his existence and statement in PLA make it clear. Also there's many verse can become L1-C from realm/world that beyond time space

I don't get it how it can be "bit" higher than 4D, i don't even think that make 2 baseline pokemon world. There's state arceus world "beyond time and space" I am sure it's can arguable to become L1-C since it's state arceus lives in high dimension, make it above 4 dimensional universe palkia and dialga control and extradimensional space, and different meaning with "beyond space and time" Distortion world that only meaning (there's no time and space can be apply) while this statement refer to his existence and statement in PLA make it clear. Also there's many verse can become L1-C from realm/world that beyond time space
Fractal dimensions exist. 4.000000000000000001 dimensional is already beyond time and space.
To reach low 1-C in this wiki you need either
a. Reality>fiction difference between a character and a universe+ multiple supporting statements and feats
b.
-Being infinitely beyond time space
-Being stated to be higher dimensional
-Having feats to support your claim (aka prove that he can create/destroy sth)
-having a place that can cause time-space travel and shiz

c. hard math
d. Destroying a multiverse with uncountably infinite universes

So far Arceus has at best parts of point be and a microscopic fraction of point a. That's all.

There's more than 5 higher dimensional statements in Pokemon, it has 10D statements, but nothing about reality-fiction. So the cosmology stays at 2-A here unless we use real world math

Was I the only one half expecting a detective Pikachu sequel considering the live action setting in beginning plus a close up on the coffee?
Nope, i was totally expecting it. In truth i was trying to hold down my hopes for it to be gen 9 with thoughts about DP2 but then it got funky.

anyways i've a theory that i just posted on reddit.
You see fuecoco is a fiery chili pepper right?
Think about this, there's an entity in Spanish myths called "El coco" who is the spanish boogeyman.
What if we get a Ghost pepper crocodile with a Fire/Ghost type?

I'm kinda hoping Fuecoco will be a Fire/Grass type. If you make the fire starter a veggie what else am I supposed to expect?
I believe the starters have to be specific matchups, such that a given starter resists itself and who it is strong against, while weak against and to who it is weak against, while being neutral to any additional typings of the others.

Is there a combination which satisfies that with Fire/Grass?
I see an immediate clash with it now being neutral to water and fire.

I believe the starters have to be specific matchups, such that a given starter resists itself and who it is strong against, while being neutral to any additional typings of the others.

Is there a combination which satisfies that with Fire/Grass?
Fire/Grass Water/steel Grass/ground? Best i can do at least.

Meanwhile we can have ghost/fairy/dark...

Technically the Red and blue games don't follow the same tactic, Venusaur gets grass/poison while charizard gets fire/flying... and blastoise is broke, F.

Also there's pure grass serperior and samurott when there's fire/fighting emboar. So no, it doesn't need a trio

anyways, protag renders
pokemon-sv-trainers-violet.png

Fire/Grass Water/steel Grass/ground? Best i can do at least.

Meanwhile we can have ghost/fairy/dark...

Technically the Red and blue games don't follow the same tactic, Venusaur gets grass/poison while charizard gets fire/flying... and blastoise is broke, F.

Also there's pure grass serperior and samurott when there's fire/fighting emboar. So no, it doesn't need a trio
Serperior/Samurott/Emboar don't break the trend because Fighting doesn't change any resistances in the trio.
I believe Gen 1 is the exception.

Anyways, I'm with you, I'd absolutely love to see more creative starter typings. It's just my understanding that Gamefreak prefers to follow the same formula every time.

Serperior/Samurott/Emboar don't break the trend because Fighting doesn't change any resistances in the trio.
I believe Gen 1 is the exception.

Anyways, I'm with you, I'd absolutely love to see more creative starter typings. It's just my understanding that Gamefreak prefers to follow the same formula every time.
i mean they broke the chinese calendar trend so there's that already

According to Central Leaks twitter
POKEMON SCARLET AND VIOLET ARE FULLY OPEN WORLD WITH TOWNS AND CITIES BLENDING IN WITH THE ENVIROMENT

So in the japanese title theres a blue sun-like gem in the letters. Someone pointed out that this always signifies a new mechanic and thus it is very much possible for us to have some new type of mechanic there.

Oh nononono. He lacks critical information-

Nah, you're under the confirmation bias that "Beyond" would grant any of this by referring to existence. Beyond 4-D isn't 5-D.
Exceeding 4-D isn't 5-D.
Because both words have ambiguous meanings.

Develop meowth's good side by making him befriend weed cat and remain friends even as enemies since it will definitely be captured by the main cast.

Bonus if he first flits but he is male before it.

Edit: **** that, i got a better idea, make meowth act like a hero whenever weed cat is around, while everyone either rolls with it or questions it, might even give us more feats for him since he would be motivated

Last edited:
Back