• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Discussion Thread - Red & Blue arc

So i was right in my own theories. Arceus provides a hint for people to solve their own problems and tries not to get involved too much. Basically the reason he constantly asks people for assistance is cause he wants everyone to be self sufficient.

Probably explains why he didn't just nuke everything in the movie but rather kinda threw a few meteors around

More law manipulation for Arceus.

Welp, most of my meowth thread purpose is confirmed then, just gotta build up his abilities.
Link?

Also, I thought Team Rocket Trio was already a Team Profile.

Also also, I fear they have a Doofenshmirtz problem: Pretty much every episode, they show off some new invention or technology, so we'd have to scour tons of episodes to add tons of them.
Hopefully Bulbapedia has a list, too.

Link?

Also, I thought Team Rocket Trio was already a Team Profile.

Also also, I fear they have a Doofenshmirtz problem: Pretty much every episode, they show off some new invention or technology, so we'd have to scour tons of episodes to add tons of them.

They are, my thread is to give meowth it's own page, which is now obrigatory for team pages anyway.

And yep, too many to count.

To be fair, most of those machines are just tier 7 robots that shoot out nets and can fly/go underwater sometimes.

To be fair, most of those machines are just tier 7 robots that shoot out nets and can fly/go underwater sometimes.
Still mechs & stuff with abilities they often wouldn't otherwise have, & a neat alternative to Equipment.
(Also, you forgot how tons of them have Electricity Resistance/Absorption. & all the ones with cages or vacuums.)
They also have a rocket that can go to the moon
They do?

Still mechs & stuff with abilities they often wouldn't otherwise have, & a neat alternative to Equipment.
(Also, you forgot how tons of them have Electricity Resistance/Absorption. & all the ones with cages or vacuums.)

They do?
Yeah but i forget what episode it was in

They can make stuff that defies the laws of physics, seal higher dimensional beings, warp spacetime, create a dimension with stars, mindhax myriad fully evolved Pokemon and more

Alright for a more thorough summary,

Ash and Goh return to the slowbro island where ash got turned into perfect ash before (he had one of the slowking shells controlling him) to catch a slowpoke. Suddenly an island arrives and galarian slowpokes, slowbros and slowking come out. They try democracy via giving other pokemon berries but they're just too spicy and the two variants can't get along. Galarian Slowking invites ash and goh onto the island and decides to control ash by giving him his shell and that is all to device a plan to help the two races come along. The plans aren't working since slowpokes are slow and Goh ends up getting controlled by Slowking's shell. A rap battle ensues between ash and goh where they argue whether udon or curry is the superior dish (normal slowpokes like udon while the galarian ones like curry) until they invent curry-udon and end things democratically.
Ash and Goh are released and the Galarian Slowking lifts up his island and flies off.

Overall what i've seen from this dumb and hilarious episode:
-New LS and maybe AP feat
-Potential range feat

Anyways, once we're done working on that big upgrade we're doing we're gonna also add in class g for psychic stage 3 pokemon

Thats not even close to all of them

Show the calc
I'll make it soon. But in short i used 2.9g/cm^3 density and a cone shape with a radius of 74 and a heigh of about the same. I had the exact numbers before but I'll make the calc either today or later, i may get a bit busy

I'll make it soon. But in short i used 2.9g/cm^3 density and a cone shape with a radius of 74 and a heigh of about the same. I had the exact numbers before but I'll make the calc either today or later, i may get a bit busy
It won't scale to any other Pokemon, just take note of that

It won't scale to any other Pokemon, just take note of that
it will, it absolutely will, don't try to "take note of that" me. It is a feat done by a random slowking who is below the likes of Alakazam or Metagross. They would ABSOLUTELY scale, no exceptions, now you take note of that.

That slowking literally has a shellder amping its power which maximised its intelligence and by extension psychic power from the toxins, according to the Pokedex. It can also control both Ash and Goh, who has resisted mental possession, resist mind control from Team Flare which can control 50% Zygarde, barely resist mindhax from Hoopa and more. Its psychic power is too strong

Alright prove it
It's a psyhchic pokemon and psychic pokemon fight each other without getting squashed into nothing, they also constantly use psychic to ovepower fully evolved pokemon who constantly grapple with each other, those being anywhere from class M to class T. there's also the fact that the basic concept of powerscaling exists and Slowkings aren't known for their psychokinetic abilities as much as Alakazam or Reuniclous, the whole point of those pokemon being the fact that they can bend and move around anything with their psychic powers.
Here's some alakazam entries

Its highly developed brain is on par with a supercomputer. It can use all forms of psychic abilities.
While it has strong psychic abilities and high intelligence, an Alakazam's muscles are very weak. It uses psychic power to move its body.
It is said to have an IQ of approximately 5,000. Its overflowing psychokinetic powers cause headaches to anyone nearby.

Now let's look at slowking.
Best statement is

A poisonous bite reacted with its system, blessing it with the enhanced intellect of a genius. It has full control of its psychic powers.
It's called "the sage of the sea." It engages in battles of wits with Oranguru, but the result is usually a draw.

So not only is it comparable to Oranguru but it also has no crazy statements about its abilities unlike Alakazam (or some other pokemon like reuniclus), nothing.

That slowking literally has a shellder amping its power which maximised its intelligence and by extension psychic power from the toxins, according to the Pokedex. It can also control both Ash and Goh, who has resisted mental possession, resist mind control from Team Flare which can control 50% Zygarde, barely resist mindhax from Hoopa and more. Its psychic power is too strong
Irrelevant. The mind control is via inserting toxins into their brains which is a completely different process from psychokinetic mind manipulation. The toxins affect the structure of your brain and its chemical composition thus controlling it, psychic powers use psywaves which work in a different way.
Secondly, controlling Zygarde is nothing since it has no resistance to mind manipulation. Thirdly, Hoopa movie isn't canon and is used only to scale hoopa since that's the only instance of it fighting. Otherwise whatever happens there is irrelevant to the mainline anime.

Also it is often noted by pokemon scientists that psychic abilities often match intelligence levels. In this case pokemon like Alakazam and Metagross have brains beyond a supercomputer and the likes of reuniclus have more that two large brains capable of making crazy neural links.
On that note, Slowking is at best descibed as an award winning scientist, still decent but not nearly enough compared to the ones mentioned above.

There's also Gardevoir who is so powerful in psychic powers that it can distort space-time and create mini black holes.
Gothitelle is also stated to warp reality and space with its powers.

Of course not every single psychic pokemon would scale to Slowking, Slowbro would obviously not scale, however those who are truly shown to be strong in their psychokinetic abilities would since that is directly connected to LS

It's a psyhchic pokemon and psychic pokemon fight each other without getting squashed into nothing, they also constantly use psychic to ovepower fully evolved pokemon who constantly grapple with each other, those being anywhere from class M to class T. there's also the fact that the basic concept of powerscaling exists and Slowkings aren't known for their psychokinetic abilities as much as Alakazam or Reuniclous, the whole point of those pokemon being the fact that they can bend and move around anything with their psychic powers.
Here's some alakazam entries

Its highly developed brain is on par with a supercomputer. It can use all forms of psychic abilities.
While it has strong psychic abilities and high intelligence, an Alakazam's muscles are very weak. It uses psychic power to move its body.
It is said to have an IQ of approximately 5,000. Its overflowing psychokinetic powers cause headaches to anyone nearby.

Now let's look at slowking.
Best statement is

A poisonous bite reacted with its system, blessing it with the enhanced intellect of a genius. It has full control of its psychic powers.
It's called "the sage of the sea." It engages in battles of wits with Oranguru, but the result is usually a draw.

So not only is it comparable to Oranguru but it also has no crazy statements about its abilities unlike Alakazam (or some other pokemon like reuniclus), nothing.

Irrelevant. The mind control is via inserting toxins into their brains which is a completely different process from psychokinetic mind manipulation. The toxins affect the structure of your brain and its chemical composition thus controlling it, psychic powers use psywaves which work in a different way.
Secondly, controlling Zygarde is nothing since it has no resistance to mind manipulation. Thirdly, Hoopa movie isn't canon and is used only to scale hoopa since that's the only instance of it fighting. Otherwise whatever happens there is irrelevant to the mainline anime.
Ok, it has good psychic power. But so does Slowking, and slowking has better psychic power because it has better feats

That might be slowking's best statement, but it has better feats than alakazam. Alakazam having very strong statements would just be unquantifiable..

Hoopa movie is 100% canon, nothing implies its not canon

Also it is often noted by pokemon scientists that psychic abilities often match intelligence levels. In this case pokemon like Alakazam and Metagross have brains beyond a supercomputer and the likes of reuniclus have more that two large brains capable of making crazy neural links.
On that note, Slowking is at best descibed as an award winning scientist, still decent but not nearly enough compared to the ones mentioned above.
Better intelligence isn't better psychic power. Alakazam has better statements but not better feats. Its statements are unquantifiable

Ok, it has good psychic power. But so does Slowking, and slowking has better psychic power because it has better feats

That might be slowking's best statement, but it has better feats than alakazam. Alakazam having very strong statements would just be unquantifiable..

Hoopa movie is 100% canon, nothing implies its not canon
Having better feats means jack shit when the other character is shown to be weaker.
This is like saying that I am stronger than a pro boxer because i was able to snap a big branch and you've never seen a pro boxer snap a big branch, ingoring the fact that i am not known for anything physical while the pro boxer is considered a monster when it comes to physique.

Hoopa movie isn't canon to the main anime. Everything implies it isn't canon, starting with the fact that they were in a city that only exists in that specific movie and in no other form of media. It is canon to itself but not to the anime.
Also it doesn't matter since Mind control =/= telekinetic force. Once can be proficient at mind control and not be proficient at tk, an example being ghost types.

Better intelligence isn't better psychic power. Alakazam has better statements but not better feats. Its statements are unquantifiable
"The longer Alakazam lives, the larger and heavier its head becomes. Our tests have shown that the strength of its psychic powers correlates positively to the weight of its head." - Pokemon LA.
This is consistent with the fact that the tougher psychics are the ones that are smarter.
Yes, it isn't a rule that they are stronger the smarter they are but it is a factor.

Also you completely ignored the part where Oranguru and Slowking seem to constantly compete and judging by the latest episode, specifically the one where the feat came from, seems to show the "battle of wits" that being the rap battle that starts between the two shelders controlling Ash and Goh and that rap battle has

Quite a lot of attacking involved.

Overall from now on i refuse to reply to this anymore. I've stated my point, you've ignored most of my points and your refutes are meaningless and use false equivalences.
Alakazam and Metagross are shown to be some of the most powerful pokemon in general and here you are trying to argue that a Slowking can completely immobilize them with psychic powers, despite being shown to be inferior.
I refuse to reply any further, I don't wanna deal with your BS anymore.

Having better feats means jack shit when the other character is shown to be weaker.
This is like saying that I am stronger than a pro boxer because i was able to snap a big branch and you've never seen a pro boxer snap a big branch, ingoring the fact that i am not known for anything physical while the pro boxer is considered a monster when it comes to physique.

Hoopa movie isn't canon to the main anime. Everything implies it isn't canon, starting with the fact that they were in a city that only exists in that specific movie and in no other form of media. It is canon to itself but not to the anime.
Also it doesn't matter since Mind control =/= telekinetic force. Once can be proficient at mind control and not be proficient at tk, an example being ghost types.

"The longer Alakazam lives, the larger and heavier its head becomes. Our tests have shown that the strength of its psychic powers correlates positively to the weight of its head." - Pokemon LA.
This is consistent with the fact that the tougher psychics are the ones that are smarter.
Yes, it isn't a rule that they are stronger the smarter they are but it is a factor.

Also you completely ignored the part where Oranguru and Slowking seem to constantly compete and judging by the latest episode, specifically the one where the feat came from, seems to show the "battle of wits" that being the rap battle that starts between the two shelders controlling Ash and Goh and that rap battle has

Quite a lot of attacking involved.

Overall from now on i refuse to reply to this anymore. I've stated my point, you've ignored most of my points and your refutes are meaningless and use false equivalences.
Alakazam and Metagross are shown to be some of the most powerful pokemon in general and here you are trying to argue that a Slowking can completely immobilize them with psychic powers, despite being shown to be inferior.
I refuse to reply any further, I don't wanna deal with your BS anymore.

Prove that Slowking is shown to be weaker. A pro boxer would have better feats than someone who can snap a big branch, so thats a bad comparison

There are several cities that only appear in certain episodes. Does that make them non canon?

Sure, mind control isnt telekinesis, but im trying to say that Pokemon can have varying level of hax potency

Alakazam gets stronger if it gets more intelligent. it doesnt mean more intelligence = stronger psychic power. Alakazam is also smarter than Cresselia

That was a johto slowking so theyre almost equal. And only the shellder, not even the slowking itself

Presuming you 2 still want to debate those matter(s), what are the points of debate?
-I say that Slowking is stated to be comparable to Oranguru (it's in wits but still, they've a rivalry going on and considering in the latest episode the two slowling had a rap battle to decide superiority it would be a good logical conclusion that Slowking can fight Oranguru)
-Slowking is not known for his impressive psychokinesis, rather intelligence, whilst the likes of Alakazam and Gardevoir are stated to be extremely efficient at it.
-A small bit of supporting evidence are the equal base stats of Oranguru, Alakazam and Slowking.
-Slowking is never shown superior to any of the aforementioned psychic pokemon, in fact, he's stated to be less smart than some of them.
-Basic powerscaling exists

XX says essentially
-Alakazam doesn't have feats on the level of Slowking
That's kind of all

Additional arguments i can provide are:

-If Slowkings suddenly have multiple times the LS of normal pokemon then why do we never see anyone use them instead of Alakazam and Metagross despite Slowking being so much easier to obtain since basically anyone can catch a slowpoke and a shelder? You can literally count how many times a slowking has been used by someone in the anime and manga on your fingers and only once i remember it being used in combat where in the manga it got its ass handed to it.
-The feat, despite having some damn good LS, is only 8-B to 8-A at best as the island was lifted at the speed of 18.5 m/s and the KE is complete garbage. Even the GPE is around that level. Alakazam can clearly overpower pokemon who have done better.

-Slowking is not known for his impressive psychokinesis, rather intelligence, whilst the likes of Alakazam and Gardevoir are stated to be extremely efficient at it.
Alakazam & Gardevoir have statements regarding their psychokines/telekinetic proficiency? I THINK I know of such for Gardevoir, but I'm less clear on such for Alakazam.
-Slowking is never shown superior to any of the aforementioned psychic pokemon, in fact, he's stated to be less smart than some of them.
It is? When?
XX says essentially
That's kind of all
@XXKINGXX69 Would you say this is partially or mostly accurate to your stance(s) in the debate? If or if not, how so?

-If Slowkings suddenly have multiple times the LS of normal pokemon then why do we never see anyone use them instead of Alakazam and Metagross despite Slowking being so much easier to obtain since basically anyone can catch a slowpoke and a shelder?
I'm skeptical of the circumstances to obtain a Slowking are so readily available, & I'm not even sure they're well-known. Not everyone is a professor or Pokedex holder.
But AFAIK, Alakazam & Metagross do seem like they've been more hyped up as formidable Pokemon more than Slowking has.
You can literally count how many times a slowking has been used by someone in the anime and manga on your fingers and only once i remember it being used in combat where in the manga it got its ass handed to it.
This sounds convincing, although I feel it might be good to outline what those instances are.

....So, if the point of contention is that the feat was done by an atypically powerful Slowking, why not have it scale only to Pokemon above Slowking, like Alakazam & such (Since, AFAIK, Stage scaling has Alakazam higher than Slowking. I could be mistaken. Am I?), & not to the typical Slowking?
A kind of "at most", situation?

....So, if the point of contention is that the feat was done by an atypically powerful Slowking, why not have it scale only to Pokemon above Slowking, like Alakazam & such (Since, AFAIK, Stage scaling has Alakazam higher than Slowking. I could be mistaken. Am I?), & not to the typical
Thing is there is no indication that it is an atypically powerful one, its just a random slowking who could fight another random slowking.

Btw the rest of the questions you asked above are answered by the pokedex entries i linked above, check it out.

-I say that Slowking is stated to be comparable to Oranguru (it's in wits but still, they've a rivalry going on and considering in the latest episode the two slowling had a rap battle to decide superiority it would be a good logical conclusion that Slowking can fight Oranguru)
-A small bit of supporting evidence are the equal base stats of Oranguru, Alakazam and Slowking.
-Basic powerscaling exists

XX says essentially
That's kind of all

-If Slowkings suddenly have multiple times the LS of normal pokemon then why do we never see anyone use them instead of Alakazam and Metagross despite Slowking being so much easier to obtain since basically anyone can catch a slowpoke and a shelder? You can literally count how many times a slowking has been used by someone in the anime and manga on your fingers and only once i remember it being used in combat where in the manga it got its ass handed to it.
-The feat, despite having some damn good LS, is only 8-B to 8-A at best as the island was lifted at the speed of 18.5 m/s and the KE is complete garbage. Even the GPE is around that level. Alakazam can clearly overpower pokemon who have done better.
Maybe because nobody knows about Slowking? Not everyone wants to catch every single Pokemon and not everyone is gonna instinctively know the best pokemon to catch. Thats a horrible explanation

Ok, show me Alakazam overpowering Pokemon who have done better with scans, and explain why its LS

Alakazam & Gardevoir have statements regarding their psychokines/telekinetic proficiency? I THINK I know of such for Gardevoir, but I'm less clear on such for Alakazam.

It is? When?

@XXKINGXX69 Would you say this is partially or mostly accurate to your stance(s) in the debate? If or if not, how so?

I'm skeptical of the circumstances to obtain a Slowking are so readily available, & I'm not even sure they're well-known. Not everyone is a professor or Pokedex holder.
But AFAIK, Alakazam & Metagross do seem like they've been more hyped up as formidable Pokemon more than Slowking has.

This sounds convincing, although I feel it might be good to outline what those instances are.

....So, if the point of contention is that the feat was done by an atypically powerful Slowking, why not have it scale only to Pokemon above Slowking, like Alakazam & such (Since, AFAIK, Stage scaling has Alakazam higher than Slowking. I could be mistaken. Am I?), & not to the typical Slowking?
A kind of "at most", situation?
It should scale to a typical Galarian Slowking. Not a regular Slowking

Maybe because nobody knows about Slowking? Not everyone wants to catch every single Pokemon and not everyone is gonna instinctively know the best pokemon to catch. Thats a horrible explanation
They have the entire pokedex available to them half the time and the other half of the time they've countless encyclopedias and databases available to them. If Alain knew about team flare and megaevolution I'm pretty sure he'd find the time to figure out that the toughest psychic pokemon is Slowking, and yet he uses a Metagross. Why's that? Because he's superior and even champions know that.

It should scale to a typical Galarian Slowking. Not a regular Slowking
They're the same species, they both have shelders on their heads and the shelders can compete and fight each other as we've seen in the episode. Literally the only difference between the two is the poison type.

There's no reason to scale one Slowking to class M and the other to class G

Back