• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokémon abilities and fear inducement.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
So, I was doing a little browsing on Serebii, and it turns out, the abilities Pressure and Unnerve make it more likely for the opponent to call out for help. I might be reading too much into it, but judging by the names of said abilities and their new function, should fear enducement be added to the Pokémon with said ability?

By the way. For pressure, it would affect Mewtwo, the legendary birds, the legendary beasts, the tower duo, Deoxys, the Creation trio (and therefore Arceus), Kyruem, and Wailord. Unnerve would be for Mewtwo and Tyranitar.

Archer, Iris, the Team Rocket Trio, Lance, Brock, Cynthia and Cyrus have Pokémon that have one of the two abilities. I might be forgetting one or two.

Well I think all of them should be like limited fear inducement since it follows the same logic as a Zebra being scared of a Lion.

Pressures text is

"A is exerting it's pressure onto B"

Obvious fear inducement

Unnerves text is

"B is too nervous to eat berries"

Obvious fear inducement

Also the flavor text for Pressure:

"By putting pressure on the opposing Pokemon, it raises their PP usage" - Sun and Moon

The flavor text for Unnerve:

"Makes the foe nervous and unable to eat berries" - Black and White

"Unnerves opposing Pokemon and makes them unable to eat berries" - X, Y, Sun, and Moon

JustSomeWeirdo said:
Also the flavor text for pressure
"By putting pressure on the opposing pokemon, it raises their PP usage" - Sun and Moon

The flavor text for Unnerve

"Makes the foe nervous and unable to eat berries" - Black and White

"Unnerves opposing Pokemon and makes them unable to eat berries" - X, Y, Sun, and Moon
More reason yet :)

Back