• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Planetary KE calcs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically this calc got rejected because "we can't apply KE to planetary busts because we can't know if the debris travelled at the same speed in the given time-frame" despite tons of similar calcs went accepted like this, this, this, this or even this

So I've 2 options:
  • Discard any Planetary Feat similar to this, adding a new rule about these kind of feats, making them just baseline 5-B
  • Accept the calc for the exact reasonings of why the mentioned calcs were

In the case of the Toeiverse calcs we absolutely know that the debris travelled at the same speed because the anime scene literally shows us it moved that far as it completely dissipated. Ugarik agreed with this regarding the Frieza feat as well (In the Frieza feat, all the debris disappears from the screen within that one single second so that one has no problem being used).

Honestly this seems to be a manga-only issue to me where we aren't shown if all the debris has dissipated or not. Basically make a rule not to use KE unless we have evidence that all the debris dissipated within that specific timeframe.

As for the Piccolo feat, Kep got the timeframe wrong, it takes 13 seconds in total for all the debris to dissipate. Plus he messed up on measuring the moon's diameter properly instead of taking an intact shot of the moon to use.

Last edited:
If @DemonGodMitchAubin has stated that a revision for this is coming up, it seems better to let him and others finish preparing for it at their own pace.

If @DemonGodMitchAubin has stated that a revision for this is coming up, it seems better to let him and others finish preparing for it at their own pace.
He never stated so, only that he suddently said that these kind of feats aren't accepted anymore and yet there are still plenty of them, so is a issue to be dealt asap otherwise other errors will occur

He never stated so, only that he suddently said that these kind of feats aren't accepted anymore and yet there are still plenty of them, so is a issue to be dealt asap otherwise other errors will occur
AFAIK only the Pokemon feats have these issues, not the Toeiverse feats (I plan to redo the moon feat anyway). Regardless, my points and Ugarik's points about Frieza's feat being legit still stands.

Okay.

@M3X

Are you willing to help us out here please?

Basically this calc got rejected because "we can't apply KE to planetary busts because we can't know if the debris travelled at the same speed in the given time-frame" despite tons of similar calcs went accepted like this, this, this, this or even this

So I've 2 options:
  • Discard any Planetary Feat similar to this, adding a new rule about these kind of feats, making them just baseline 5-B
  • Accept the calc for the exact reasonings of why the mentioned calcs were
I think your calculation was rejected because pieces still exist close to the planet post-destroyed, thus leading to the conclusion that the planet not did not moved completely.

Thing is said impact literally shattered and launched the planet surface in the space, is fiction dude
Here I was expecting it to be your typical planet-busting feat but instead only the surface flies out into outer space.

Anyways, my points and Ugarik's point about the Dragon Ball feats (Specifically Frieza in DBS) still stand and thus the DB feats are fine as they are. But the Piccolo feat will need to be recalc'd. Fortunately, it's not that steep of a downgrade for Toei.

Here I was expecting it to be your typical planet-busting feat but instead only the surface flies out into outer space.

Anyways, my points and Ugarik's point about the Dragon Ball feats (Specifically Frieza) still stand and thus the DB feats are fine as they are. But the Piccolo feat will need to be recalc'd. Fortunately, it's not that steep of a downgrade for Toei.
The arguments and methods are basically the same tho

The arguments and methods are basically the same tho
True, but at least Frieza's feat and Piccolo's feat show all the debris disappearing from the screen within a given timeframe, but a manga is a still image where not all the debris is yet dispersed or is in the process of fully dispersing but hasn't finished yet. That's where the issues stem from.

All in all, KE for planet feats is only legit once you see all the debris disappearing from the screen, as that will be the actual true speed of all the debris moving.

In any case, best to just wait for M3X's thread to see what he types up.

You can still assume a time frame where all the debris go like in animated scenes
Here's the thing tho, it can wildy vary from feat to feat as to how long it takes for the debris to fly and how far when it comes to manga.

In anime tho? Unless you're just keen on ruining the animation, you can actually see the entire feat unfolding until everything stops moving, like LIFE_OF_KING said.

Yeah this problem only really applies to Pokémon, I wonder what M3X has planned?
He's got issues with the DB feats as well, even though those issues were mostly debunked by Ugarik and me.

But yes this is really only a Pokemon-exclusive problem.

Pixel Escale

Planet = 734pxl | 12742000
Distance = 272pxl | 4721831.06268

Time = 30
Speed = 4721831.06268/30
Speed = 157394.368756m/s

KE:

Mass = 2.77e+22

Energy = (157394.368756^2*2.77e+22)/2
Energy = 3.4310587e+32J

Planet Level/5-B

I think this way it looks better.

Pixel Escale

Planet = 734pxl | 12742000
Distance = 272pxl | 4721831.06268

Time = 30
Speed = 4721831.06268/30
Speed = 157394.368756m/s

KE:

Mass = 2.77e+22

Energy = (157394.368756^2*2.77e+22)/2
Energy = 3.4310587e+32J

Planet Level/5-B

I think this way it looks better.
Wouldn't be better making the distance from the center of the planet/sphere?

Unrelated, but I am just inquiring.

So, the only time to use KE for planet busting is if all the debris of the planet left the screen, yes?

Unrelated, but I am just inquiring.

So, the only time to use KE for planet busting is if all the debris of the planet left the screen, yes?
YEP, like in the case of Frieza or Piccolo. And King Vegeta. We've been following this for quite a long while now.

No, you can use. You simply cannot deduce that the whole dough was thrown at once
That's not what happens with Frieza's feat or Piccolo's feat tho. Both of them literally show that the entire mass was dispersed at once within that given timeframe. (This is especially apparent with Frieza's feat of blowing up Planet Vegeta).

Oh, yeah! What about this one? Is KE correctly applied to this planet busting feat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back