• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(Pocket) Monsters vs. Aliens: Red vs. Ben Tennyson

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
Time to have the battle of my childhood dreams, and after some snooping I think it's possible.

So, let's start with the battle rules: This is beginnings Red, Gen 1, and Original Series Ben. Ben has the Master Control unlocked, however he only has access to his 8-A Aliens. Red is only allowed to have one Pokemon deployed at a time. Speed is equalized, of course. I will have lists below for them.

Red has a team of: Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Diglett, and Ditto.

Ben can transform into: Wildvine, Upgrade, Snare-oh, Heatblast, Cannonbolt (8-A attacks only), XLR8, and Blitzwolfer.

Ben 10 -

Red -

Incon -

Ben 10 Original Series Render
505px-Red and Pikachu Artwork

Why... so many... pages...

Wildvine- Essentially worthless, has regen.

Upgrade- Very useful with tech, otherwise not so much. Decent regen.

Snare-oh- Meh

Heatblast- Nothing haxy

Cannonbolt- Literally nothing

XLR8- Again, essentially nothing

Blitzwolfer- Contributes Enhanced Senses, I guess.

Now for Red.

Venusaur- Already more haxxed with sleep manip and dura negation via poison. Can also absorb enemy life. Even if they regen, the best they can hope for is incon versus Bulba absorbing health.

In fact, nah. Assuming Red is smart and switches out based on weaknesses, he takes this one. Pokemon have way more versatility and abilities than Ben's transformations, which normally serve 1-2 unique purposes. Regen is his best hax, and that can be countered and only exists in one form.

Red- 1

Ben - 0

Although, to be fair, Wildvine has acess to knockout gas, and resists harmful gases as well. Although when several of Red's Pokemon have the same abilities and outright resist them, yeah, I don't see him winning.

I don't think any of Ben's aliens can beat Jigglypuff via its sleep manipulation, or Charmander via its sheer firepower.

Voting Red + FRA

I believe with verse equalization all of ben's alien would obtain some types added to them for example, wildvine would most likely be a Grass/poison which would make him resistant/immune to a lot of what bulbasuar would do.

@Desmond That... isn't how this works. They don't gain powers via verse equalization.

Red- 3 (Bambu, Ed, Gyro)

Ben - 0

@Bambu

Although the Pokemon themselves would be weak to some attacks. For example Wildvine would hard-counter Squirtle, Heatblast could easily take out Bulbasaur.

Not like that changes much, tbh.

Sure. But conversely Wildvine would burn up like a light. Weaknesses null weaknesses out. But yeah. Ben just lacks the versatility of the Pokemon-verse.

@Mr. Bambu so he becomes a grass type, doesn't gain the immunity to moves like sleep powder and stun spore that all grass pokemon have?

He isn't grass type lol. He's from an entirely different verse.

This is essentially fight where one character has 1 life but the other has 7, 8 if you wanna count Red himself. Red can lose individual mons, but Ben has to switch to a regening form to keep the fight going. Sure he has regeners, but that just gives him a chance here. Without them, it'd be pretty decisive, if not an outright stomp.

Red takes this FRA

Until then, I'd say Ben, since current rules state that they must be able to heal after each battle, unless he switches out. That's gonna be a lot easier for Ben to do then Red, and there isn't really anything stopping Ben from copying a Pokémon, which would make him a optimized genetic version of it.

Bump.

Ben - 1 (Yobo)

Red - 4 (Apies, Bambu, Gyro, Edward)

I mean, it takes as much time for Ben to transform as it is for Red to send out a Pokémon, and in a normal h2h fight, no monsters/aliens involved (this should really be titled Monsters vs Aliens lol), Red mollywops Ben.

The real cal howard said:
I mean, it takes as much time for Ben to transform as it is for Red to send out a Pokémon, and in a normal h2h fight, no monsters/aliens involved (this should really be titled Monsters vs Aliens lol), Red mollywops Ben.
And? There isn't anything stopping him from AoE killing Red once he's done so.

Yobobojojo said:
I would imagine that it's also likely that AoE attacks can do him in quickly however.
True, although out of Ben's 8-A aliens I only think Heatblast/Blitzwolfer can do that, of which the former can be countered by water-type Pokemon.

Well, it's still a major possibility, and it's not in character for game Red to summon multiple Pokémon, so I'll give it to Ben for now.

Back