• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DMUA

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
I don't remember what our proper conclusion on this was, or if we ever had one, so I figured I'd make this thread

Right now, from my understanding, we do not distinguish creating and destroying a pocket dimension with a lot of stars in it, as both get a 4-A rating

One problem being Inverse square law

Inverse square law is the idea that, as an explosion or some other method of delivering energy spreads as the surface area increases, as someone standing 5 meters away will take much less energy than someone 1 meter away

Creating something doesn't require inverse square law, you just make the thing and the thing is made, and thereby it would require much less energy to create such a space as opposed to blowing it up

It's not like space has an energy value that would compensate, just making space is entirely incalculable, and anything pertaining to such a thing is theoretical physics.

From what I recall, this sort of thing is why we dropped calculating pocket dimensions like explosions, so we should do so accordingly here and just rate it based on what's actually created.

In real physics in order to exert control over any mass-energy at a distance there would be the issue of leverage to consider.

...Of course, fiction tends to take fat dumps on physics when it doesn't suit the author's narrative, so I don't think we can really rely on this.

Jaften said:
In real physics in order to exert control over any mass-energy at a distance there would be the issue of leverage to consider.

...Of course, fiction tends to take fat dumps on physics when it doesn't suit the author's narrative, so I don't think we can really rely on this.
Yeah, same reason we can't just slap E=MC2 on creation in the first place

Just so I understand the point, are you trying to say creating pocket realms with stars inside them doesnt count as 4-A? Or that its at a lower end of 4-A as opposed to destroying pocket realms with stars?

We treat creation as equal to destruction for our wiki standards here. Creating a realm the size of multiple solar systems is creating a realm the size of multiple star systems in the same sense that creating a city is creating a city. It's still the size of multiple star systems and thus it's 4-A.

If we give High 4-C based on creating something the size of multiple star systems, that personally just doesn't make a whole lot of sense. As this would also downgrade universe creation feats to 4-B or so.

Also, even if this does pass through, people with full control over said realm should keep their 4-A rating as you can still control a realm the size of multiple star systems. Unless we want to downgrade having control over an entire universe.

i disagree with the revision, creating a pocket dimensions with stars isn't just creating the stars, it involves creating the space in-between them and around them too

To put it simply, downgrading starry sky feats for this reason mesns we'd need to reevaluate cosmic creation feats as a whole. Since solar systems, galaxies, and universes all have lightyears of empty space.

To avoid double standards, creation feats would look like this.

• Creating a solar system --> Star level
  • Creating multiple solar systems --> Large Star level
  • Creating a galaxy --> Solar System level
  • Creating many galaxies --> Solar System level
  • Creating a universe --> Solar System level to Multi-Solar System level
Not only do we not have time for another wiki wide revision but that scale makes no sense to have a universe destroyer be decillions of time stronger than a universe creator when most of fiction treats them as equal. It'd only make sense to equalize creation and destruction in most cases.

I agree that personal domains shouldn't be "calculated" by using inverse square law, for the same reason it stopped using the explosion equation, the place just popped into existence, it wasn't created by a big bang or something. Some times several personal domains simply are an inner world within ones mind or heart, so its the same if it have stars or not.

But calculating as an explosion wouldn't be correct, those calculations involve overpressure and atmospheric constant that no longer apply here, neither as a mini-big bang unless the verse states it work in the same way. Although, I guess any other method of calculating will be arbitrary, as is not something that is covered by real physical laws, I can say the AP would be the GBE of the biggest object created there, and it would have as much sense as the total mass of everything and using e=mc^2.

As for the mindscape/heartscape, little matter if they have an starry sky or are infinite, is just within the imagnination/heart of someone, and thus not real (or esoteric).

Antoniofer said:
But calculating as an explosion wouldn't be correct, those calculations involve overpressure and atmospheric constant that no longer apply here, neither as a mini-big bang unless the verse states it work in the same way. Although, I guess any other method of calculating will be arbitrary, as is not something that is covered by real physical laws, I can say the AP would be the GBE of the biggest object created there, and it would have as much sense as the total mass of everything and using e=mc^2.
You are still forgetting about the space itself, it's important.

Pocket dimensions aren't just random section of the universe, they are isolated mini-realities created by someone

I also think that Edward and Overlord's arguments make sense, so I disagree with the OP.

I agree with OP, I guess.

I agree with OP because right now we have a massive contradiction between tier 5-3 pocket dimensions and anything smaller. At the moment, we treat small pocket dimensions as OP suggested, but treat bigger ones differently.

The distinction is arbitary, either both are rated this way or neither.

Not... really?

We consider pocket dimensions large enough to contain cities as City level. A dimension with a starry sky is large enough to contain multiple star systems, thus it's Multi-Solar System level.

If we're going to just ignore the space in-between, every single universe creator would have to be downgraded to 4-B/4-A. Which not only makes no sense, also goes against fiction and the wiki's general interpretation that creation and destruction are equal.

Overlord775 said:
we threat pocket dimensions containing a planet as 5-B tho
This. Kaguya Otsutsuki's dimensions for instance were literally just treated as 5-B sized dimensions until it was proven they contained stars for her to get her 4-C upgrade.

@Edward we only do so if said dimension has a city inside, its why PMMM hasn't gotten any new barrier calcs. If it was wide enough to contain a city, but wasn't produced in it, its not 7-B.

@Shadow and Overlord, yes, but not based on the size of the actual dimension. Size of the dimension is used for tier 5-3, whereas what is inside is used for anything lower. For example, if there was a pocket dimension as wide as a planet, but there is no planet inside, its not a feat.

Or at least that's how it was last time I checked, could have changed while I was away.

Perhaps things have changed since then, like I said. I just remember this because it brought about a pretty large debate in PMMM for a long time.

Though if its okay now, don't mind me, but Imma be calcing a few things.

Nvm then, you can calc tier 3-5 pocket dimensions but have to guess with smaller ones.

Still arbitary as all heck tho.

Is still kind of arbitrary, if the domain is just empty space then what qualify as town? 1.5 km? 30 km? the dimension could be 100 km in radius, and would still have less matter than a town.

you still have to make said empy space, space-time fabric won't just make itself you know

For the size, we just use IRL standards for what a town is

Yes, but how do we calculate the energy required to create space-time fabric?

Yeah, that's kind of a major problem with including the "creating the empty space" in our assumptions.

Hah, yeah, but "town sized" is not standarized size, and "town sized" empty space being Town level is still arbitrary. If we use amount of matter, I'm pretty sure that a town of 7 km^2 have more matter than kilometers and kilometers of empty space.

Antonio, why do you keep ignoring the point ?

Pocket dimensions AREN'T JUST THE MATTER inside of them, they are mainly the space-time making them up

also we can just use the size that makes a town large enought to not be a village

Overlord775 said:
we just assume it requires "a lot"
So are you saying then that any profiles with pocket reality feats should have their AP tier decided by more concrete feats, and their pocket reality feat should be "far higher with pocket reality"?

On that note, maybe we should count pocket reality feats the same way as we do environmental destruction feats? With many characters there's often a fairly large disconnect between a character's combat feats and their ability to make a (at least as we count them right now) 4-A pocket reality...

How do you compare an (I assume) spherical empty space with a town? Do you take into account the space above and below the town as well? Or just the volume of matter in a town?

Back