• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Plants vs. Zombies Discussion Thread: It's About Time! 🌱🧟‍♂️

There is any feat for PVZ 1 lower tiers? They can pop heads out... maybe they could scale to breaking buckets or doors?...

Oh! Okay I have a idea, maybe we can scale normal plants to the AP miner zombies would need to dig trough the ground or zombies umborrow them selfs?

Destruction of giant plant pots would be usabe too...

Leader aren't that durable, the plants probable can scale to braking metal leaders too

The zombies can also eat planter, torchwood and tomb eater that are made mostly made of wood

I guess waternellons can scale to the "freezig 5 zombies with 3 melons" feat but don't think other plants should... guess pvz 1 should have 4 powers scales

No damage(aunflower, plantern, etc)
Low tier(peashoter, cabage pult, repeater)
Mid Tier (Melon pult, icemelon, gatling pea, peas boosted by torchwood)
High tier(one shoot plants)

Unless we plan to just downscale peashooter from icemelon feat

So I've been playing BFN and realized that when warping home playable characters make a small vertex before teleporting. Would this be portal creation and teleportation or is it a game mechanic?
The flower mentioned that the characters can warp home because Giddy Park is big and easy to get lost in. This means that a character acknowledged the ability and the justification for why it exists. The question is whether or not the flower was breaking the fourth wall and just explaining a non-canon system of fast travel for the convenience of the player, or if this is a legitimate in-setting ability. Seeing as how the ability is specifically for warping home and not used for any other purpose, plus how the scene that you linked seemed to be an introduction to the ability for the player, "Warp Home" is either just for gameplay or it's at best a limited form of portal creation and teleportation that specifically leads to home when specifically used in the general location.

The flower mentioned that the characters can warp home because Giddy Park is big and easy to get lost in. This means that a character acknowledged the ability and the justification for why it exists. The question is whether or not the flower was breaking the fourth wall and just explaining a non-canon system of fast travel for the convenience of the player, or if this is a legitimate in-setting ability. Seeing as how the ability is specifically for warping home and not used for any other purpose, plus how the scene that you linked seemed to be an introduction to the ability for the player, "Warp Home" is either just for gameplay or it's at best a limited form of portal creation and teleportation that specifically leads to home when specifically used in the general location.
I thinv is just limited portal creation where they can only create portal for especific locations

And sisne They are alread making keys for leveld and unleveld for the plants, I will say what I think, every plant that can do damage at max level should scale to the one shoot plants sinse even a peashooter now can 3 shoot a level 1 garg

One more

One more
Hummm... no one gonna talk to a staff?

We should really have a basis of where we scale characters in the series

Attack Potency/Durability​

Completely passive plants are just Below Average Human level in Attack Potency but not Durability

PvZ1 Characters - Small Building level (Comparable to/Can tank attacks from/Capable of harming Snow Pea and Winter Melon who can freeze zombies to absolute zero) we had this for Winter Melon so it doesn't make sense why we don't apply the same for Snow Pea, either way most Plants would be around this level of power. Browncoat Zombies can tank these attacks so they should scale to this too
PvZ2 Characters - Building level (Capable of dealing damage to zombies who can tank Lightning Reed's amplified attack)
PvZ1/2 Characters who can deal "massive damage" (Cherry Bomb, Doom Shroom, Potato Mine) and can tank it (ie Gargantuars, PvZ2 Football Zombie, the Primal and Armoured Wall-nuts who can tank strikes from Gargantuars) - City Block level (Can cause this explosion/can deal damage comparable to/can tank attacks from)

PvZ1/2 Zomboss Mechs - City Block level+ (Can destroy multiple Gargantuars in one attack, can oneshot their world's defensive Plant such as Tall-Nut, Infi-Nut, or Primal Wall-Nut)

PvZ GW1/2/BFN/Heroes - Multi-City Block level (Can harm comparable zombies such as/Comparable to Brain Freeze who froze a park full of ice), possibly Country level (Can harm comparable zombies such as/Comparable to Super Brainz who seems to have hit Super Bean hard enough to cause this explosion) Heroes characters should have that Tier 6 rating I've already said this in a thread

Speed​

PvZ1/2 Plant Characters - Immobile (It is rooted to the ground), with Hypersonic+ attack speeds or reaction speeds depending on whether the plant is offense or entirely passive (Comparable to the Football Zombie) it makes no sense why Sunflower and other plants are straight up hypersonic while it's only considered a possibility for Football Zombie and Peashooter

PvZ1/2 Zombies - Below Average Human level (Grass is green, jk but actually: They only move slowly to approach the player's house)

PvZ1/2 Football Zombie - Hypersonic+ (His charge shouldn't be inferior to his Garden Warfare self)

PvZ GW1/2/BFN/Heroes - At least Subsonic travel speed (Comparable to Solar Flare who can track Wall-Knight who put on his suit before he was hit by an amped rocket, Super Brainz can also fly through the city in seconds), Hypersonic+ (Comparable to Football Zombie who upon charging, instantly has his entire body catch fire upon him moving) again Heroes characters should upscale from PvZGW characters, also the link for Solar Flare doesn't work I think the file was removed

PvZ1 Characters - Small Building level (Comparable to/Can tank attacks from/Capable of harming Snow Pea and Winter Melon who can freeze zombies to absolute zero) we had this for Winter Melon so it doesn't make sense why we don't apply the same for Snow Pea, either way most Plants would be around this level of power. Browncoat Zombies can tank these attacks so they should scale to this too
Unfortunetly, this would fall into game mechanics as in the comics plants like melon pults are show to one shoot zombies and Snow peas don't really have a reason to be that high
PvZ2 Characters - Building level (Capable of dealing damage to zombies who can tank Lightning Reed's amplified attack)
Even trough we currently use this as justification... there is no way in hell that anything lightning reed can do shoul d be considered or compared to natural lightning
PvZ1/2 Football Zombie - Hypersonic+ (His charge shouldn't be inferior to his Garden Warfare self)
It should, lol

Then is just a matter of waiting

Another thing I wanted to adress...

Doom shroom probable should be on It's own AP tier, above normal one shoot plants(this would still scale to gargantuars and zomboss) the comics constantly portrait Doom Shroom as a much more powerfull plant then others with It explosion beingh able to cover entire city blocks, I would say they having the same daqage as normal one shoot plants could be considered game mechanics

Then is just a matter of waiting

Another thing I wanted to adress...

Doom shroom probable should be on It's own AP tier, above normal one shoot plants(this would still scale to gargantuars and zomboss) the comics constantly portrait Doom Shroom as a much more powerfull plant then others with It explosion beingh able to cover entire city blocks, I would say they having the same daqage as normal one shoot plants could be considered game mechanics
I don't remember any moment that Doom-Shroom was considered above the other insta-kill plants

And Even If its right, Maxed insta-plants will upscale

I don't remember any moment that Doom-Shroom was considered above the other insta-kill plants

And Even If its right, Maxed insta-plants will upscale
I'm ignoring pvz 2 sinse it's harder to scale the levels, but It's simple, Doom shroom is based in nuclear explosions other instant plants don't, even the comics show the absurd damage they can make when that one doom shroom with glasses exploded

The dpom shroom is constantly show to have a explosive power in exagerated levels for the verse

About max level intants, I agree, they should scale to pvz 1 doom shroom sinse they can intant kill lvl 1 gargs that if we considere that all pvz 1 plants and zombies are "level 1" is somethig not even doom shroom can do, even the comics It's city block explosion didn't kill the gargs

Even trough we currently use this as justification... there is no way in hell that anything lightning reed can do shoul d be considered or compared to natural lightning
  • Cloud-to-ground lightning is considered to be real lightning, as long there is nothing suggesting otherwise.

Unfortunetly, this would fall into game mechanics as in the comics plants like melon pults are show to one shoot zombies and Snow peas don't really have a reason to be that high
Fair
Zombies in the comics have shown to be able to tank regular lighting anyways
It should, lol
Why?

Hum... interesting, trough I'm not sure if this can be used sinse to actually scale to lightnig the character need to tank the entire eletricity of the lightning, being in the air without touching the ground and sinse there is a wire that we don't see where It's conected too It may not count... but You know what? It's not that bad, It can probable scale, good finding.
this also scale to PVZ 1 too or is this a pvz2 comics feat?

GWF zombies are in a extrenely far future where plants and zombies became much more powerfull, there is a clear power creep from PvZ tower defense games to the shooter ones

Can anyone just edit the profiles/make one? Cause there's no restrictions
Yes, bt actually no

You can make profiles of anything You want, if they are bad or don't fit the wiki you will be scolded by the staff and have the page deleted

If You edit a profile without making a CRT furst You will also be scolded and the changes undone

Yes, bt actually no

You can make profiles of anything You want, if they are bad or don't fit the wiki you will be scolded by the staff and have the page deleted

If You edit a profile without making a CRT furst You will also be scolded and the changes undone
Thanks, now to make that Cactus profile

Only now, after @GarrixianXD said, that I repaired that the Hypersonic calc wasn't approved

So, or someone calc the feat, or we will have to downgrade the verse to Supersonic (Reference for Common feats)

Are there any other speed feats we can use?
Compare everyone moving to the speed that Meteor Flower meteors fall
If we look hard enough we can probable find something like "this plant shoot at hipersonic speeds" or "this zombie moves as fast as sound" in the almanac
Compare everyone speed to the sonic atack of Rock gargantuar
Glass Blade shots light atacks, probable can be used to see how fast the rest of the characters are moving comparativaly
I have no idea for pvz 1 trough, the rest would scale to pvz 2 and any game that happens after that
maybe we can use the terminal velocit of a watermelon?
I have no idea

Back