• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Plantera Vs Baki Hanma [RESETTED]

Plantera having infinite stamina doesn't make sense even within game mechanics, as she has a limited health bar and no Regenerationn, so unless you are slapping her with wet paper worth of damage the fight won't ever take more than around a day.

Also she should be much above the Eye of Cthulhu, who summons himself st the start of the night and fights trought all of it, while losing body parts trought the battle.

And never said Baki has 0% chance of winning, Plantera is just more likely to win because of her advantages.

And if people think that we need to wait for the revisions to be done, then we will wait.

Overlord775 said:
Plantera having infinite stamina doesn't make sense even within game mechanics, as she has a limited health bar and no Regenerationn, so unless you are slapping her with wet paper worth of damage the fight won't ever take more than around a day.
Also she should be much above the Eye of Cthulhu, who summons himself st the start of the night and fights trought all of it, while losing body parts trought the battle.

And never said Baki has 0% chance of winning, Plantera is just more likely to win because of her advantages.

And if people think that we need to wait for the revisions to be done, then we will wait.
Shouldn't EoC lasting an entire night also fall in Game Mechanics?

Overlord775 said:
PAnd never said Baki has 0% chance of winning, Plantera is just more likely to win because of her advantages
Oh no I didn't mean to imply you said he didn't have a chance, I meant that I personally don't see how he could win. Either he gets zoned out, or he closes the gap with one of his ability, but can't do anything due to a ~4x AP and durability difference, and she counters all of his hax.

@KG

No, since he literally summons himself at the start of the night and automatically leaves when sun rises

@Baki

One shot gap is 7.5x, so it's one sided, but Baki can still harm her.

Overlord775 said:
@KG

No, since he literally summons himself at the start of the night and automatically leaves when sun rises

@Baki

One shot gap is 7.5x, so it's one sided, but Baki can still harm her.
Ohhhhh okay, then actually, waiting for the Baki revision does decide whether or not he can win. I was under the impression that Baki couldn't even hurt her, but if his normal punches can slightly hurt her, he might be able to take this, as the revision that is currently taking place gives some of his strongest moves a stat amp classification

Overlord775 said:

I never said Plantera had Infinite Stamina. In fact, I said her stamina is Unknown. Please get it right. As for the revisions, I've looked them over, they wouldn't change the ultimate result, I'd say.

This seems to not be going anywhere. Let's just wait and let people vote, i think Plantera wins even after the changes in Baki.

baki is weaker and cant do much to plantera

having more stamina means nothing if hes constantly getting shot by seeds stronger then yujiro

also based on behaviour of the mobs ingame if plantera even gets tired she would just phase through a wall

the only technique that baki can do would mostly just try to run the **** away but planteras constant phasing through walls and ranged attacks would stop baki

Deerofdreams said:
baki is weaker and cant do much to plantera
having more stamina means nothing if hes constantly getting shot by seeds stronger then yujiro

also based on behaviour of the mobs ingame if plantera even gets tired she would just phase through a wall

the only technique that baki can do would mostly just try to run the **** away but planteras constant phasing through walls and ranged attacks would stop baki
Stop saying each individual seed is stronger than Yujiro, that's probably not true.

Since the difference is only about 4x, as me and Overlord discussed, the stat amps some of his moves are getting from his revision rn say otherwise.

With the speed amps, the seeds won't touch him, and then it becomes a battle of attrition. Also, DB Yujiro is +++54 kilotons, so the seeds aren't stronger.

Hit and run tactics are probably Plantera's best bet

Baki ABSOLUTELY would not run away from Plantera, he'd sooner die. Baki literally just Cockroach Tackles toward Plantera and bypasses zoning in general

BakiHanma18 said:
Since the difference is only about 4x, as me and Overlord discussed, the stat amps some of his moves are getting from his revision rn say otherwise.

With the speed amps, the seeds won't touch him, and then it becomes a battle of attrition. Also, DB Yujiro is +++54 kilotons, so the seeds aren't stronger.

Hit and run tactics are probably Plantera's best bet

Baki ABSOLUTELY would not run away from Plantera, he'd sooner die. Baki literally just Cockroach Tackles toward Plantera and bypasses zoning in general
i know that baki would not run away im just saying its his best bet

so baki would run at her trying to beat her up with moves this would work but he would also be very damaged in the process then plantera goes into stage two then baki would die

yes he can take hits from yujiro but if hes practically already in the face of plantera when she transforms baki cant do that much

Deerofdreams said:
so baki would run at her trying to beat her up with moves this would work but he would also be very damaged in the process then plantera goes into stage two then baki would die
How would be be damaged? After he hit Yujiro and Yujiro tanked it, Baki was immediately ready to continue fighting. He wouldn't be hit through that whole exchange.

**** IT

lets just reiterate all the points

first stage:baki runs at her trying to avoid the seeds hitting her a bit

second stage:spiky balls tentacles and a giant **** off maw of plant while baki is right next to her due to having no ranged attacks baki can not grab her or redirect any of her attacks

Deerofdreams said:
**** IT

second stage:spiky balls tentacles and a giant **** off maw of plant while baki is right next to her due to having no ranged attacks baki can not grab her or redirect any of her attacks
Question: what's to stopped Baki from Roll Kicking away, Cockroach Tackling, and repeating?

BakiHanma18 said:
Deerofdreams said:
**** IT

Question: what's to stopped Baki from Roll Kicking away, Cockroach Tackling, and repeating?
Mainly the fact she's not humanoid, imo.

ok yeah sorry forgot that speed amps were allowed but also

KG whar do you mean the roach roll is just him relaxing his legs then moving really ******* fast roll kicking is just roll kicking just because she a monster doesnt mean he cant do those moves

Deerofdreams said:
ok yeah sorry forgot that speed amps were allowed but also
KG whar do you mean the roach roll is just him relaxing his legs then moving really ******* fast roll kicking is just roll kicking just because she a monster doesnt mean he cant do those moves
Sorry, it's been some time since i last readed Baki. I was refering to most techniques, who rely on human physiology.

eh its fine

but anyway so plantera beats him out on AP and Durability by a few times

baki does not run but he will avoid moves that would seriously injure him most of the moves that can are done in stage two

terrain is also a big thing as the jungle plantera would be unaffected as he just glides through any surface

I agreed with this, although I would say Baki has a little combat experience in the jungle that might help (see Gaia fight)

I'm not entirely sure. I can see this going either way, but depending on the amp Baki could be getting from his moves under revision, it might make his win more feasible. For me rn, it's a 50/50 split, but if I had to choose, I'd go Baki, only because it's seems that all he has to do is spam 2 moves. On the other hand though, Baki couldn't survive more than 10 hits, that's for sure, so it all comes down to how quickly Baki can slam out his Tackles and how many of them it takes to defeat someone with a 3x AP and durability advantage

What? Plantera has like a 65/100 advantage. Plantera has more durability and AP, the Underground Jungle is extremely dark so Baki wouldn't even be able to see what he's hitting, and danmaku guarantees he won't last long.

Actually, they probably have around the same durability as i explained earlier

Overlord775 said:
Considering that Yujiro is only Low 7-C in base i don't think that arguments holds water
In base, both Baki and Yujiro scale to the same AP, but post-DB they have different multipliers because Yujiro has a complete DB, while Baki has an incomplete one, so Yujiro's multiplier is bigger. And Baki (with DB ofc) could fight versus DB Yujiro taking several hits, so his durability in DB is equal to Yujiro's AP in DB.

As of now Baki scales to being above Yujiro's 2.68 Kilotons feat in base. Add in a 3-4x Demon Back multiplier and you get 8.04 Kilotons to 10.72 kilotons for completed Demon Back Baki

Amlad22 said:
As of now Baki scales to being above Yujiro's 2.68 Kilotons feat in base. Add in a 3-4x Demon Back multiplier and you get 8.04 Kilotons to 10.72 kilotons for completed Demon Back Baki
Ahhh okay, thanks! That would mean that at a highball, the gap is closer to 3x rather than 4x, and amps from some of his moves could help to close that gap by a fair bit as well

Bump.

Might as well note, Plantera can counter Aiki by... biting. But it gets her in Baki's range, she could easily be target to any of his numerous moves.

Back