• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Plantera Vs Baki Hanma [RESETTED]

BakiHanma18 said:
KGiffoni said:
Uuuh yes i'm sure they do, specially bullets
Fire bypasses durability to a certain degree, but bullets 100% do not bypass durability. It's just a high speed, small object thats launches into someone
do you even know what a whip is or how one works?

For first thing, Plantera IS a plant, she has a lot of ceratteriestics that point to that, like having thorns as her teeth, having spores, seed and bulbs, alsogsise having wines as her arms

Also this is also supported by the fact that there's other human eating plants in the jungle and the fact that the achivement for killing her is "The Great Southern Plantkill "

She's simply a plant monster

@Baki

Having your whole body covered in Flames, Hellfire and flames so cold they burn, while being being repeatedly hit by piercing bullets >>> a wip in terms of pain

Also it's she doesn't have Pain Resistance because that's would be just stamina i think

And about the not being on the profile, Baki doesn't have Pain Manipulation listed

And being superior to a 9-B normal gun isn't impressive at all, menwhile the streams of seeds Plantera shoots can easilly harm Baki and are as fast as him.

Overlord775 said:
For first thing, Plantera IS a plant, she has a lot of ceratteriestics that point to that, like having thorns as her teeth, having spores, seed and bulbs, alsogsise having wines as her arms
Also this is also supported by the fact that there's other human eating plants in the jungle and the fact that the achivement for killing her is "The Great Southern Plantkill "

She's simply a plant monster

@Baki

Having your whole body covered in Flames, Hellfire and flames so cold they burn, while being being repeatedly hit by piercing bullets >>> a wip in terms of pain

Also it's she doesn't have Pain Resistance because that's would be just stamina i think

And about the not being on the profile, Baki doesn't have Pain Manipulation listed

And being superior to a 9-B normal gun isn't impressive at all, menwhile the streams of seeds Plantera shoots can easilly harm Baki and are as fast as him.
Hmm, i guess you're right. Yujiro has limited pain manip via whip strike, so should Baki who knows the same technique. It's said the pain is so intense sometimes the body would rather die than withstand it.

Yes, it tears/lashes skin due to its high speeds, as human skin only has a tensile strength of 27 MPa, that answer your question???

BakiHanma18 said:
Yes, it tears/lashes skin due to its high speeds, as human skin only has a tensile strength of 27 MPa, that answer your question???
my point was a whip is a long thin piece of leather or similar matirial moving at high speeds to hit stuff, a bullet is a small metal thing moving at high speeds to hit stuff.

and also the only reason it bypasses durability is due to the fact that it causes so much pain that it overloads the nerves and brain (essentialy it causes an extermly severe seizure), but as established in the above plantera is a plant or atleast a plant based ceature so it might not even have nerves or a brain.

Okay y'all gotta figure out whether or not she's a plant, cuz I'm getting tired of debate two conflicting arguments

Not necessarily, as Flame in general burns skin, muscles nerves l, etc, and bullets can easy be ignored simply by being strong enough/having thick enough muscles (Hell, even Oliva tanks a point blank shotgun even when the bullets pierced his skin because his muscle were so thick. He didn't even blink, just kept standing there and smiling). Benda specifically attacks the skin and nerves.

He may not have pain manipulation, but he has "somewhat durability bypass" listed under Benda

>It somewhat bypasses durability, as the attack almost exclusively targets the skin, which is not enhanced by muscle or training.

Sure they're the same speed... unless he uses Coackroach Tackle, Triceratops Fist, etc. to blitz passed them.

Agreed, I just checked Baki's profile and was shocked to see he didn't have Pain Manipulation, but he's going under a revision rn, so I might make mention of that

Whole body damage > single spot damage, also the Terrarian has worse stuff than wips, like weapons that

Also Plantera doesn't take the bullet, they in-fact even completly pirce throught her.

Also if it works by tergetting nerves it's not really gonna effect a plant, which doesn't have nerves.

Also the durability negation wouldn't even work, as Plantera strenght wasn't gained trought training, but it's just natural, so her skin would be has durable as the rest of her body.

Benda depends on the opponent's skin being the weakest part of her body, which depends entirely on the user's physiology. Even if he used Benda on a plant, shit wouldn't occur, because plants don't have muscles that Benda is exploiting.

So for Benda to work on Plantera, that is you saying she has semi-human physiology.

Again, not necessarily. Repeat trauma to the same spot is much more effective than full body damage.

That is the kind of information I'm looking for. That said, people in the Baki verse have been shot and been able to continue onward before, but the pain Benda causes has been described as so painful, the body would rather shut down and die than to continue to take that damage. I can get the scans if you'd like.

If she is a plant, then Benda stops becoming an option, but I need a definitive answer about that before I continue to argue that point.

That's not what that means. What it's saying is basically no amount of training is going to negate the pain one feels from this. Whether you have the toughest muscles in the world, or the softest skin ever, Benda does equal damage regardless.

No. In the description for Benda, it EXPLICITLY states that it 'negates durability' because it strikes the user's skin, which lacks muscles. Except Plantera isn't a human with soft skin. So Benda wouldn't work.

Benda isn't even durability negation, moreso Pain Manip.

You've been telling me Plantera wasn't a plant this whole time, yet @Overlord775 says she is, so y'all should figure what she is before I can say whether or not Benda works

Also, until I get an example of "monster skin is tougher than human skin", Benda not working on Monsters is headcanon

KGiffoni said:
I now agree with Overlord and think Plantera is a plant.
Alright, seems fair. I will now be going under the assumption that Plantera is a plant and will not be discussing the hypothetical of if she wasn't a plant

Also, if this comes down to a battle of attrition, Baki wins. It's his Extremely high stamina to Plantera's only high stamina

"

• Cord-Cut: Digging deep into a person's nerves he quickly dispatches the pathways that allow for sight and movement by removing them. "

Not working in a plant, imo.

The reason I think this would be effective is not that he'd be attacking nerves (as we've decided Plantera is a plant, and they don't have nerves), but that he could use it to cut Plantera up bit by bit

If it comes down to stamina, Plantera's stamina should be equalized to Baki's. There's literally no indication in-game of her getting tired; through in-game mechanics, she can literally fight forever if you want.

Also, Plantera being a plant is a headcanon as well. As much of a headcanon as her not having human skin.

BakiHanma18 said:
Also, if this comes down to a battle of attrition, Baki wins. It's his Extremely high stamina to Plantera's only high stamina
Stamina ratings are always all over the place, there's actually no standard to classify what is what

Just to show you

Stamina: Extremely High (Known to go on extended training regimes that last half of a day, and classifies them as warm ups)

That's Baki's stamina explanation, which isn't really much more impressive that Plantera, as boss fights in Terraria usually last half an in-game day.

Ayewale said:
Again, Plantera doesn't have any identifiable stamina.
Agreed. It should be Unkown. Her not tiring against The Terrarian is surely Game Mechanics.

Although tbf, Baki's half a day warm up would be considered objectively better than a half a day battle, no? That would imply that Baki spent half a day getting ready for his actual training, which would be a lot tougher and potentially quite a bit longer. It wouldn't be a massive stamina gap, but essential for Baki's win condition

Also, Plantera boss battles aren't limited by day or night, so this discussion is pretty pointless.

As this proceeds, I'm not seeing how Baki can win at all if he's outclassed in AP and durability, he's fighting someone that his locks and holds don't work on, someone who has unknown stamina, and someone who counters all of his hax. Does he even have a win condition at this point? I'm genuinely interested to know, because if he can't dura neg, he can't AP, he can't incap, and he can't stall, I personally can think of anything

Ayewale said:
Also, Plantera boss battles aren't limited by day or night, so this discussion is pretty pointless.
When something falls into the category of "Game Mechanics" it's not really a legit feat, just in case you're not aware. Plantera lasting forever vs The Terrarian is very probably Game Mechanics. Here.

Overlord775 said:
Problem is, that Plantera hits harder, is more durable and can Poison, so Baki's stamina would go down quicker
I'm not sure, but Baki should probably have poison resistance via Ogre Physiology. I'll open a thread about it after this has been concluded.

You're right

Extreme Resistance to Electricity and Poison (Granted by the Ogre Skeleton)

But unless Baki has superior stamina for sure, I don't see a win condition for Baki

Ayewale said:
KGiffoni said:
Ayewale said:
When something falls into the category of "Game Mechanics" it's not really a legit feat, just in case you're not aware. Plantera lasting forever vs The Terrarian is very probably Game Mechanics. Here.
http://prntscr.com/p3hnl0
She only has infinite stamina inside game-mechanics, so it doesn't account for a stamina feat. The fact she has never been showed to be tired doesn't say she has (x) stamina, since this matter can only be seen in her boss battle, but it falls in game mechanics, so in the end we have no usable feat to determine her stamina, hence Unknown stamina. I don't see a reasonable reason for her to have High stamina in her profile, again, i'll be debating that in another thread after this has been concluded, together to the intangibility matter.

There are enough things to conclude she's in fact a plant, as mentioned by Overlord.

Actually, it seems some good Baki revisions are happening right now, let's close this discussion and come back to it when they have been applied, shall we?

But wouldn't she easily kill him before he could? There's apparently 0% chance of him being able to beat her to death, so again, I don't see a win condition

KGiffoni said:
Actually, it seems some good Baki revisions are happening right now, let's close this discussion and come back to it when they have been applied, shall we?
From what I've seen, it won't give him a win condition, but a reprieve wouldn't hurt

Back