• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Plantera Vs Baki Hanma [RESETTED]

Deerofdreams said:
baki if i recall has only dealt with incredibly weak mobs of people so having 14 tentacles and giant mouth as strong as yujiro
i vote plant woman
Baki has fought against people way stronger than him, such as Oliva, Pickle, Yujiro, Musashi, etc. At least physically speaking.

Alright, I'm throwing my hat into the ring.

First, this fight is and AP scale of about 8 Kilos to how many Kilos?

Second, this battle becomes much more even when you consider the fact that Baki can use Endorphins to amp his durability and pain tolerance on top of his DB amped durability.

Finally, to clarify, I don't think Baki is going to attempt any locks or holds. If he were to go for one, the other 13 tentacles and 1 mouth could just destroy him unimpeded. His best chance lies with attacks that he can use and continue to move, like the Rolling Kick (tentacle tries to hit him, he uses the force of the hit and spins forward, rolls around and kicks the tenacle with his kick while being propelled by his spin and the force of the tentacles attack). After the kick lands, he's already in a forward stand position, ready to move again.

KGiffoni said:
Deerofdreams said:
baki if i recall has only dealt with incredibly weak mobs of people so having 14 tentacles and giant mouth as strong as yujiro
i vote plant woman
Baki has fought against people way stronger than him, such as Oliva, Pickle, Yujiro, Musashi, etc. At least physically speaking.
i was more talking about how he deals with groups of enemies not just single opponents

Deerofdreams said:
KGiffoni said:
Deerofdreams said:
i vote plant woman
i was more talking about how he deals with groups of enemies not just single opponents
That's pretty wrong. Most of his fights are 1v1s.

KGiffoni said:
Deerofdreams said:
KGiffoni said:
Deerofdreams said:
i vote plant woman
wow i worded this really wrongly sorry

i mean he isnt very experienced with dealing with groups or mobs

so it will be new for a sudden 1v1 turn into 1vgroup as the tentacles try to kill him

Deerofdreams said:
KGiffoni said:
Deerofdreams said:
KGiffoni said:
Deerofdreams said:
i vote plant woman

so it will be new for a sudden 1v1 turn into 1vgroup as the tentacles try to kill him
While most of his fights are 1v1s, he still has good experiences with 1vX battles.

BakiHanma18 said:
Finally, to clarify, I don't think Baki is going to attempt any locks or holds. If he were to go for one, the other 13 tentacles and 1 mouth could just destroy him unimpeded. His best chance lies with attacks that he can use and continue to move, like the Rolling Kick (tentacle tries to hit him, he uses the force of the hit and spins forward, rolls around and kicks the tenacle with his kick while being propelled by his spin and the force of the tentacles attack). After the kick lands, he's already in a forward stand position, ready to move again.

KGiffoni said:
Deerofdreams said:
KGiffoni said:
Deerofdreams said:
KGiffoni said:
Deerofdreams said:
i vote plant woman

While most of his fights are 1v1s, he still has good experiences with 1vX battles.
is he very experienced against a **** ton of dudes stronger then him start trying to kill him

as i said before the 1vX battles were against people who are considered fodder he isnt facing ten pickles he was facing average guys

BakiHanma18 said:
BakiHanma18 said:
yes it would work if there were only one tentacle hes dealing with 14 of them all attacking him

ok so the only way baki would win would be if he tries to combo move plantera

Like I was saying, the 1 v X aspect is literally a non-issue. Next I'll address the AP and dura advantage. Aiki hard counters Plantera's AP advantage, as they are comparable in AP, so to turn Plantera's AP against itself is child's play, as someone as weak as Shibukawa is able to hoist Sukune no Nomi II off of the ground casually only using one arm. Next, Benda is used to bypass dura, so I don't see that being a problem.

Benda doesn't bypass Plantera's durability for shit. It's an ability that would probably only work on human opponents.

Let's say he uses Rolling Kick to dispatch one tentacle and several others move to attack him. He could just as easily use the Cockroach Tackle to avoid them, or use Benda to cause them to retreat/recoil in pain. There are any number of combos he can utilize to avoid a group battle.

Ayewale said:
Benda doesn't bypass Plantera's durability for shit. It's an ability that would probably only work on human opponents.
Also known as the Whip of Mercury, Baki slaps his opponent with a fluid motion of his arms as if they were actual whips, causing excruciating pain that makes even hardened fighters. It somewhat bypasses durability, as the attack almost exclusively targets the skin, which is not enhanced by muscle or training. The pain is so intense that it can even cause the body to give out and die.

Anyways, they're both equally matched (in theory), except Plantera has a bunch of Danmaku on her side. You could argue that Plantera's stronger than Baki, since she's at least Town level while Baki 'is definitely town level, but I ain't doing that.

Anyways. Danmaku helps her take this. Assuming this takes place within the actual Underground Jungle, he's very lacking in space too. Plantera would also be in home territory-not a big advantage, but she'd have a much easier time navigating very familiar terrain.

I vote Plantera due to Danmaku and the reasons above.

ok AP counter point yes he would be able to turn planteras strength against her but would that be possible when most of her body parts fly through her?

benda bypassing dura does not change much he would definitely try to use it as he has used it against animalistic opponents before (pickle) but first phase plantera is shooting at a distance and those shots are much stronger then baki

i say first phase:due to range AP Advantage

second phase:you have not made a good point about 1vX battles you have just said hes fought them before so he knows how to deal with them but as i said before all of the 1vX battles were against fodder enemies. at a point he would just get overwhelmed

https://science.howstuffworks.com/life/botany/plants-feel-pain.htm

>According to researchers at the Institute for Applied Physics at the University of Bonn in Germany, plants release gases that are the equivalent of crying out in pain. Using a laser-powered microphone, researchers have picked up sound waves produced by plants releasing gases when cut or injured. Although not audible to the human ear, the secret voices of plants have revealed that cucumbers scream when they are sick, and flowers whine when their leaves are cut [source: Deutsche Welle].

First off, you're comparing a regular plant to Plantera, a monster from Terraria. Definitely not the same thing, aye?

Second off, pain does nothing to disorient Plantera.

Third off, Benda explicitly describes itself as working by targeting the opponent's skin, and most of Benda's opponents-at least from word of mouth-were roughly human. Plantera isn't just 'animalistic'; it's a literal monster.

BakiHanma18 said:
https://science.howstuffworks.com/life/botany/plants-feel-pain.htm>According to researchers at the Institute for Applied Physics at the University of Bonn in Germany, plants release gases that are the equivalent of crying out in pain. Using a laser-powered microphone, researchers have picked up sound waves produced by plants releasing gases when cut or injured. Although not audible to the human ear, the secret voices of plants have revealed that cucumbers scream when they are sick, and flowers whine when their leaves are cut [source: Deutsche Welle].
we have no idea how plantera compares to other plants this is a different universe with its own laws and orders

plantera is far more different then other plants and it has never shown to have the capacity to feel pain

Deerofdreams said:
second phase:you have not made a good point about 1vX battles you have just said hes fought them before so he knows how to deal with them but as i said before all of the 1vX battles were against fodder enemies. at a point he would just get overwhelmed
His experience with a bunch of random guys is irrelevant to my argument. My point is that he doesn't have to treat it like a 1vX if he just takes care of the problem rationally. Just because he doesn't have experience fighting multiple strong enemies doesn't mean he doesn't have common sense.

Y'all are forgetting that Benda depends on the opponent's skin lacking muscle. Except we know nothing about Plantera's biology apart from the fact that she is not human in the slightest.

Baki has his combos alright, but CONSTANT danmaku + difficulty of traversing terrain means Plantera still hits him a lot more than he hits Plantera.

Ayewale said:
First off, you're comparing a regular plant to Plantera, a monster from Terraria. Definitely not the same thing, aye?
Second off, pain does nothing to disorient Plantera.

Third off, Benda explicitly describes itself as working by targeting the opponent's skin, and most of Benda's opponents-at least from word of mouth-were roughly human. Plantera isn't just 'animalistic'; it's a literal monster.
First, there is no indication that Plantera deals with pain any differently that a real world plant. If there have been no statments or proof that the basic anatomy of Plantera being able to feel pain is different than that of a normal plant, then to assume he can't feel pain is a baseless assumption.

Plants have skin tho

if baki tries to escape to a better place for him to fight

which would most likely be above ground or in a field somewhere plantera would get even more powerful

Ayewale said:
Baki has his combos alright, but CONSTANT danmaku + difficulty of traversing terrain means Plantera still hits him a lot more than he hits Plantera.
I don't see why he'd have difficulty traversing the terrain, and the constant danmaku is easy to deal with if Baki is patient and methodical.

The indication is the fact that she's a giant monster who does nothing that a plant does apart from 'be green' and have the word 'Plant' in your name. Common sense dictates that she does not function like a plant.

He'd have difficulty due to how narrow the Jungle is, the vines blocking his vision, the total lack of lighting, and it being unfamiliar to him. Plus, constant danmaku is unescapable. Plantera's tentacles can cover most of the screen at times.

And again, we don't know how Plantera's biology works, but it's common sense to assume 'Plantera =/= Human'.

Ayewale said:
The indication is the fact that she's a giant monster who does nothing that a plant does apart from 'be green' and have the word 'Plant' in your name. Common sense dictates that she does not function like a plant.

He'd have difficulty due to how narrow the Jungle is, the vines blocking his vision, the total lack of lighting, and it being unfamiliar to him. Plus, constant danmaku is unescapable. Plantera's tentacles can cover most of the screen at times.
That's an undistributed middle fallacy. To imply that just because Plantera is a monster, she doesn't share the anatomy of a plant, which she clearly is, is a logical fallacy.

What Jungle is narrow? Vines could also serve to help him with leverage, high ground, mid air direction change, etc., lack of lightning might be a bit of an issue, the biome itself is not unfamiliar to Baki, as he fought Gaia in the jungle back when Gaia was considered a high tier in the verse.

time for an explanation about stats!

AP:Baki is far weaker then plantera but there is an issue with just deflecting attacks back at her and that is plantera has intangibility. she can still get hit but anything thats friendly or part of her own body does not impede her at all it just goes through

Alright, now i remembered. It happens she doesn't have intangibility by all her body, most points are hittable, such as her "head".

BakiHanma18 said:
What Jungle is narrow? Vines could also serve to help him with leverage, high ground, mid air direction change, etc., lack of lightning might be a bit of an issue, the biome itself is not unfamiliar to Baki, as he fought Gaia in the jungle back when Gaia was considered a high tier in the verse.
if we are assuming that this is terraria underground jungle then it is very ******* narrow yes there are some openings but there are little to know vines in those openings

BakiHanma18 said:
Alright, now i remembered. It happens she doesn't have intangibility by all her body, most points are hittable, such as her "head".
ok i know what you are trying to say but she goes through shit all the time including her own body her tentacles phase through her so can doors walls etc she can be hit just not by her own body so if baki tries to hit a tentacle back using her own force against her it wouldnt work

If this is the Jungle biome, he has plenty of open space. If this is the Underground Jungle biome, there's about a 50/50 split of narrow corridors and open spaces

Okay, so her own tentacles can hit her (I didn't understand exactly how the intan worked). Although, the redirection still helps Baki not get smacked out of existence.

open space would change nothing

because the fact that she shoots seed and spiky balls constantly at range means that it doesnt matter where baki is he will still get hit unless he directly dodges the attack

BakiHanma18 said:
Okay, so her own tentacles can hit her (I didn't understand exactly how the intan worked). Although, the redirection still helps Baki not get smacked out of existence.
thank you sorry im really bad at trying to get across my point

yes it would help him not die

Back