• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Plantera Vs Baki Hanma [RESETTED]

Deerofdreams said:
open space would change nothing

because the fact that she shoots seed and spiky balls constantly at range means that it doesnt matter where baki is he will still get hit unless he directly dodges the attack
Again, Baki has several moves that counter Danmaku and zoning, like the Triceratops Fist, the Cockroach Tackle, the Rolling Kick, etc.

but this is also happening whilst getting chased by a giant plant monster constantly phasing through walls and having a group of tentacle all trying to kill baki.

yeah so its either baki desperatly not trying to die among a world of thorns and plants or its baki having a genuine fight and trying to win using pure skill

sounds like a great fight i would watch it

Deerofdreams said:
yeah so its either baki desperatly not trying to die among a world of thorns and plants or its baki having a genuine fight and trying to win using pure skill

sounds like a great fight i would watch it
Oh for sure! The fact that holds and locks are absolutely useless for Baki to do kinda sucks, but through and through, watching Baki deftly maneuver while Plantera is only a few hits from killing Baki would have me on the edge of my seat!

I'd vote Plantera at this point. Even Baki himself admits that technique can only cover you from someone at the most 2 times as strong as yourself. And Plantera has lots of good attacks, a huge AP advantage and the place where the fight happens benefits her.

See, I don't know. Endorphins+Aiki= attacks that are manageable for Baki. Also, Shibukawa man handling Sukune slightly disproves Baki's statement (also Shibukawa and Oliva). Plantera's best bet in this fight is her variety of attacks. Also, home field advantage is great for her

Hmmm dunno, i'd say it depends very highly on how big the place they're fighting is. If it's fairly open, i think Baki can do it, but if it's closed, Plantera smacks imo

KGiffoni said:
Hmmm dunno, i'd say it depends very highly on how big the place they're fighting is. If it's fairly open, i think Baki can do it, but if it's closed, Plantera smacks imo
Agreed

As much as Bakiverse is my favorite verse, i like seeing fair fights with them. Usually they end up being one-sided due to how skilled most characters are.

BakiHanma18 said:
Ayewale said:
The indication is the fact that she's a giant monster who does nothing that a plant does apart from 'be green' and have the word 'Plant' in your name. Common sense dictates that she does not function like a plant.

He'd have difficulty due to how narrow the Jungle is, the vines blocking his vision, the total lack of lighting, and it being unfamiliar to him. Plus, constant danmaku is unescapable. Plantera's tentacles can cover most of the screen at times.
That's an undistributed middle fallacy. To imply that just because Plantera is a monster, she doesn't share the anatomy of a plant, which she clearly is, is a logical fallacy.
What Jungle is narrow? Vines could also serve to help him with leverage, high ground, mid air direction change, etc., lack of lightning might be a bit of an issue, the biome itself is not unfamiliar to Baki, as he fought Gaia in the jungle back when Gaia was considered a high tier in the verse.
Common sense dictates that Plantera isn't a Plant. Unless you lack eyes, this should be very obvious. If her being a monster is headcanon, her being a plant is headcanon as well. also, his Durability negation depends on the opponent's skin being fragile-and you cant' make up shit about Plantera's physiology. Plantera is unaffected by his durability.

And the Underground Jungle is very narrow. Most of the tunnels in it barely fit the Terraria character, meanwhile Plantera is literally unrestricted.

Okay, but no. Common sense dictates no such thing. Your line of reasoning only works if being a monster and being a plant were two mutually exclusive traits, which they are not (see Piranha Plant, Venus Flytrap from Destroy All Humans, every plant-type Pokémon and Yugioh monster, etc). She is classified as an Overgrown Monstrosity, or in simple terminology, a plant monster. His durability negation depends on there being skin on his opponent and the opponent has to be able to feel pain. You literally said Plantera didn't follow the same anatomy as a normal plant just because it's a monster, even though there's absolutely no evidence to back up that claim.

Also, a simple Google search shows me several areas classified as Underground Jungle where there are massive rooms that only have narrow corridors that lead into them.

His durability negation depends on the skin of the opponent lacking in muscle and skeleton. Even if we act braindead and go 'Plantera's a plant', even then it wouldn't work against her. Baki's durability negation isn't even really durability negation-it's just causing a lot of pain on human opponents.

Also, are you actually trying to explain to me that Piranha Plant-a monster that breathes fire-is an actual Plant? Arceus-Grass is a plant? I have no idea how Destroy All Humans is like, but if it's anything like your other examples, it's not a good example.

There is absolutely no lines or indications in the game's lore or otherwise stating Plantera is in any way a plant. Overgrown Monstrosity doesn't mean plant monster, either. It means Overgrown Monstrosity. You say that there's no evidence suggesting she's not a literal Plant, apart from the fact that she's a ******* monster summoned by Plant Bulbs that has Town level AP and Danmaku. If she was a Plant, none of what she would be doing is even possible. Common sense dictates she is not a plant.

Yeah, there are 'massive' rooms in the Underground Jungle,like the small Underground temple, or the claustrophobic bee hives. Admittedly there are very 'few areas of large clearing, though. Of course, the majority of these mean that Baki would need to fly to even get around them, plus he'd still need to manouever around all the ground around him, while Plantera does not at all.

Okay, great, Plantera's not a plant. If she's just a monster and since there's no reason to believe she doesn't have skin, Benda affects her.

Piranha Plant is 100% a plant, Arceus gives himself the qualities of a plant, but is not inherently a plant, as his basest form is normal. No of what you said in your second paragraph amounts to an actual argument one way or another

Again, if she's just a monster and not at all plant, Benda still works

I don't see anything that would require flight at all. It's literally, from the surface, a stroll down one if those aforementioned narrow hallways, and boom, big room with lots of space.

No, Benda depends on how specifically human skin works. Unless you assume Plantera has human skin physiology-which would require the rest of her physiology being very humanline-Benda can't affect her.

Piranha Plant is a mnster. Arceus gives himself the qualities of a Grass-type, not a plant. That's extremely obvious. And again, literally all your examples are from other verses, which means they have no relation. Benda doesn't work.

Also, it's not "a stroll down", if he's going in these wide rooms then he's going to need ******* flight. And it wouldn't be a 'stroll down' either; even casual trips down into the Underground Jungle requires lots of jumps. Navigating the place is usually near-impossible without mining away a lot of the environment. And remember, he's in complete darkness and he wouldn't be able to hit anything.

The skin of plants is actually more resistant than their insides tho

And Plantera shrugs off being repeatedly pelled by bullets or set on fire by 3 type of Flames at the same time, so pain won't stop her.

Also frienly reminder to anyone that forgot that Plantera is >>> 27 kilofoes, which is an AP gap Baki wouldn't be able to cross with his endophin

And one last thing, Plantera shoots her seeds akin to a machine gun, so it seems unlikely to me that Baki can just deflect all of that, especially since they are intangible attacks that go throught stuff like walls.

I think Plantera's intangibility should be classified as Game's Mechanics. I'll open a thread about it after this has been concluded.

Vote counted.

It's probably game mechanics, yeah. She only has those so that she doesn't get trapped in the various confines of the Underground Jungle. Every boss has this intangibility to an extent.

What??? Only works on human skin? Just because it's only been used on humans doesn't mean that it only works on them...

Piranha Plant is a plant monster, I've already explained to you that plant and monster are not two mutually exclusive traits, and I won't be engaging in further argument about whether or not a monster is a plant, because it's derailing and absolutely ridiculous.

That's all well and good, except I'm literally looking at pictures from a simple google search of "Terraria Underground Jungle" we're he could just walk into a large room, so...

If it only works in human skin is debatable. Anyways, i agree with the fact that most small corridors in the underground jungle usually lead to open spaces, and as an experienced fighter Baki would probably go for that.

@Ayewale is saying Plantera isn't a plant, so that shouldn't matter

Neither bullets nor flame are comparable to pain caused by a whip. That's the point of Benda.

Baki can't close 27 kilos, but with Aiki redirecting a massive amount of that force, with Endorphins and DB, surviving should be child's play.

People like Che Guevara, Oliva Biscuit, and Yujiro Hanma have been said to be superior to machine guns in every conceivable way, but I will admit that if Baki was being shot through a wall, that would probably kill him (low visibility, large room being surrounded by narrow corridors that to enter mean certain death, not expecting bullets to phase through the walls, etc)

And even if it indeed worked in her skin, it's also debatable if she feels pain and also if she functions like a normal plant at all.

Can you tell me whether or not Plantera is a plant? That seems to be a point of contention, and I'd like the OP's opinion on it

If she's a plant, the affects will definitely be reduced. Plants have tougher skin, so while Benda would still affect Plantera, Baki's job becomes significantly harder, as he'd have to hit the same spot over and over, and he'd have to hit it anywhere between 5-20 times for the same affect it has on humans

Some of the simple redirector stuff should work, but definitely not stuff like the Boulder Handshake or the Wrist Twister that rely on human anatomy and joints and bones

BakiHanma18 said:
Can you tell me whether or not Plantera is a plant? That seems to be a point of contention, and I'd like the OP's opinion on it

If she's a plant, the affects will definitely be reduced. Plants have tougher skin, so while Benda would still affect Plantera, Baki's job becomes significantly harder, as he'd have to hit the same spot over and over, and he'd have to hit it anywhere between 5-20 times for the same affect it has on humans

Some of the simple redirector stuff should work, but definitely not stuff like the Boulder Handshake or the Wrist Twister that rely on human anatomy and joints and bones
There's no confirmation she's a plant or works like one at all, she only resembles one. Hence the name. For all we know, she's a monster.

Thanks! So then Benda should work unimpeded. That was a big deal in this fight, but with that out of the way, Baki should take this high difficulty

BakiHanma18 said:
Thanks! So then Benda should work unimpeded. That was a big deal in this fight, but with that out of the way, Baki should take this high difficulty
Not sure. There's no confirmation if she feels pain or something, probably not.

Overlord775 said:
And Plantera shrugs off being repeatedly pelled by bullets or set on fire by 3 type of Flames at the same time, so pain won't stop her.
This.

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Plant Manipulation, Intangibility, Danmaku, Berserk Mode, Summoning, Homing Attack, Fungus Manipulation, Curse Manipulation (Can render objects as simple as keys unusable), Resistance to Poison Manipulation and Mind Manipulation.

KGiffoni said:
Uuuh yes i'm sure they do, specially bullets
Fire bypasses durability to a certain degree, but bullets 100% do not bypass durability. It's just a high speed, small object thats launches into someone

Back