• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Planet Level - The Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm posting this due to this thread right here: https://vsbattles.com/threads/record-of-ragnarok-downgrade.143525/

While obviously, we can get Planet level from feats and calcs, statements still get debated to this day. This is why I think we should have a note on the Tiering System page or its own page similar to the one we have for the Universe. And note down all the statements that qualify as Planet level and those that don't (such as surface wiping or just gradually destroying the world). I think we should also highlight things such as timeframe since that does seem to put a number on a lot of creation feats.

What do you guys think? This way it won't be constant back and forth and brought up all the time.

I legit didn't even know we had a universe page until now

If we do indeed do that then I'll say those pages need to be linked to more stuff

I legit didn't even know we had a universe page until now

If we do indeed do that then I'll say those pages need to be linked to more stuff
Yeah, we have the page so that not every feat is universal, it has to meet at least one criteria. Which is what I think we should have for Planet level as well.

But, if you ask me, Planet level should just be overpowering the Earth's GBE, and surface-wiping is surface wiping that is already handled by the Common Feats page. High 6-A.

As for whether a world-destroying feat qualifies for overpowering its GBE or it's via a surface wipe, guys, just leave it as case-by-case. Not really that hard. It's not as complicated as universe-busting.

But, if you ask me, Planet level should just be overpowering the Earth's GBE, and surface-wiping is surface wiping that is already handled by the Common Feats page. High 6-A.

As for whether a world-destroying feat qualifies for overpowering its GBE or it's via a surface wipe, guys, just leave it as case-by-case. Not really that hard. It's not as complicated as universe-busting.
Yeah, I can agree with that.
Destroying the world statements are highly contextual and can range from Planet level over surface wiping to just about any lesser tier if done over time (or done more metaphorically).

Thank you very much for helping out so much, DontTalk. 🙏

So should we do anything based on this thread?

Okay. Is it fine if we close this thread then, or does any other staff member have something relevant to add here?

Yeah, I can agree with that.
Destroying the world statements are highly contextual and can range from Planet level over surface wiping to just about any lesser tier if done over time (or done more metaphorically).
I agree with this.

I more or less agree with what KLOL said, it's case by case and depends on the structure of the sentence. If there's a generic destroy the planet or bringing the earth to ruin, I think the standard assumption is surface wiping as opposed to overpowering the GBE. Though if it straight up says "Blow up the entire planet" that would be an example of a 5-B statement. Same with destroying the core of a planet.

Furthermore, in addition to surface wiping vs causing the entire celestial body to explode, it also might need to be considered that statements about "Destroying the entire world" could actually refer to destroying it over time rather than all at once. Such as doing a multitude of Tier 7 or Tier 6 destruction feats until you eventually wipe out a life on the planet. Though if it says they'll do it instantly or within a short timeframe, then it would either not be effected or just not be lowered too much.

"Bringing the world to ruin" is far too vague for my tastes. Otherwise I more or less agree with the sentiment- these issues are covered by the existence of calcs for specific means of destroying the world. Any debate is handled by choosing which feat fits, or calculating the specific method by which that piece of media destroys the earth.

Thank you for helping out to you as well.

Vegeta is 5-B from a statement of "ill turn to ashes along with it (referring to the planet)". Interpret that how you guys will

Vegeta is 5-B from a statement of "ill turn to ashes along with it (referring to the planet)". Interpret that how you guys will
But doesn't he have like a supporting feat to back that up? The issue would be if no such feat was shown at all and that's the only Planet level statement we get.

But doesn't he have like a supporting feat to back that up? The issue would be if no such feat was shown at all and that's the only Planet level statement we get.
He only has it in the anime if im not mistaken. So theres other material that supports it, but its a mostly different canon.

While this is more of a feat than a statement, I've seen Trigon (Animated Teen Titans) and the Gods of Light and Darkness (RWBY) being ranked at "Large Planet level" in spite all they did was surface wipe the planet in their respective verse

Unless there is a reason or exception to this

I mean, there's nothing to interpret here, this is as blatant of a 5-B feat as it gets, not to mention that countless other feats of this caliber exist within the series, like Roshi and Piccolo blowing up the moon, Frieza blowing up Planet Vegeta, etc.

"Bringing the world to ruin" is far too vague for my tastes. Otherwise I more or less agree with the sentiment- these issues are covered by the existence of calcs for specific means of destroying the world. Any debate is handled by choosing which feat fits, or calculating the specific method by which that piece of media destroys the earth.
I'm pretty sure I explained that in my 2nd paragraph of my post that without further context, it's not really a High 6-A statement but simply a general "could wipe out all life on earth over time".

I'm pretty sure I explained that in my 2nd paragraph of my post that without further context, it's not really a High 6-A statement but simply a general "could wipe out all life on earth over time".
The bit I was referencing was in the first paragraph, though if you did indeed intend for that to be the argument, then I agree. Too vague.

Again, like I said, ALL CASES OF "DESTROY THE WORLD", "DESTROY ALL LIFE", should be handled case-by-case.
Yes. I am agreeing. Thank you.

Would a note be better regarding vague context of destroying world/planet statement be notated in common feats instead saying it would be case by case with different possible tier regarding how it was done (not including timeframe due to how hard to pinpoint timeframes)

Would a note be better regarding vague context of destroying world/planet statement be notated in common feats instead saying it would be case by case with different possible tier regarding how it was done (not including timeframe due to how hard to pinpoint timeframes)
I don't see the point. It'd just border on redundancy.

Okay so far...

I, Bambu, DarkDragonMedeus, LordGriffin, Emirp and DontTalkDT all agree that feats involving "Destroy the World"/"Destroy All Life" related statements should just be evaluated on a case-by-case basis per verse and that a page for "Planet" is just too much of a reach to be made. I think that's enough staff agreement to leave things as they are now.

Yes, I also think so. Do any of our official instructions/standards need to be reworded or better clarified in this regard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back