• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since MCU Thanos got downgraded to Low 6-B, I might as well give this a shot.

Piccolo is as he is during the 23rd Budokai. Thanos is in Base and has his sword. No Infinity Gauntlet. Speed equalized. Standard battle assumptions.

I don't know the AP difference between the two (yet) but I know Piccolo has more abilities. Thanos is just stronk while Piccolo can fly, manipulate energy, knows martial arts, isca strategists, a genius, etc.

Zamasu Chan said:
I don't know the AP difference between the two (yet) but I know Piccolo has more abilities. Thanos is just stronk while Piccolo can fly, manipulate energy, knows martial arts, isca strategists, a genius, etc.
Thanos:

A) much more combat experience. Like, by faaaaaar.

B) smarter.

C) Weapon

Pretty sure the AP is pretty close.

Endgame Thor is also Low 6-B so I'll assume he's baseline. Infinity War Thor is stronger than Endgame Thor. Base Thanos stomps Infinity War Thor. And he's even stronger with his weapons but since this match is without weapons it doesn't matter.

Piccolo is 3.98999 Teratons which is technically not baseline Low 6-B+ but it's super close to it. Baseline Low 6-B+ is just 4x Baseline Low 6-B.

So yeah the AP seems pretty close to me. I don't think the Piccolo that's used needs to be changed.

Endgame Thor is Low 6B by backscaling from his Infinity War self who performed the feat

Thanos also didn't stomp him, Thor can barely hold his own even in Endgame.

Thanos:

A) much more combat experience. Like, by faaaaaar.

B) smarter.

C) Weapon

Piccolo still has regen, lots of energy attacks, and flight, not to mention inheriting King Piccolo's intelligence. I had Thanos wield his sword to even things out.

Piccolo's regen is a joke. If Thanos is capable of cutting one limb he wont stop there and let piccolo retreat and regen. I assume this Thanos is as bloodlusted as the one in endgame, btw.

Piccolo cant regenerate wounds in his internal organs or head. So...

Schnee One said:
Natse said:
He can regenerate everything as long as his head is intact.
That would be Mid.
Wasn't his regen tied to his stamina? So as long as he has the stamina for it, he theoretically should indeed be capable of Mid-Regen since all that's needed for Regen is an intact head (As far as we know).

Schnee One said:
Has he shown Mid Regen?
Heck, Cell who has Piccolo's Regen showed Low-High regen let alone Mid.

Piccolo never really used his Regen since he's usually powerful enough to tussle with enemies without losing limbs/getting holes blown in his body.

Heck, Cell who has Piccolo's Regen showed Low-High regen let alone Mid.

Piccolo never really used his Regen since he's usually powerful enough to tussle with enemies without losing limbs/getting holes blown in his body.

Cell can have his head blown up. Piccolo cant. Cell is Piccolo but better.

Zamasu Chan said:
Thanos isn't just stronk, he's by far one of the most skilled combatants in the entire MCU, and has far, far more combat experience than Piccolo Jr.

Ehhhhhh

Might as well go with Thanos

While Piccolo does have AP and regen in his favor that's basically it, Thanos has far better feats in terms of actual combat expirience then this version of Piccolo and him having a sword helps significantly in CQC.

Piccolo also has a big range advantage, with Thanos having to cross 4KM just to engage Piccolo.

PaChi2 said:
Natse said:
He can regenerate everything as long as his head is intact.
Sure. That's why frieza killed him with a shot to the heart.
Mind you that his Regen is based on his stamina, and at the time he was beaten to a pulp already. He had no free stamina to use to regenerate. This is different from if a hole was blasted into his stomach while he was at otherwise 100% where he could just grow it back (Since... he's a slug man. Vital organs are weird with namekians)

"Cell can have his head blown up. Piccolo cant. Cell is Piccolo but better."

Cell is Piccolo's Regen + Freeza Race's Resilience. Of Course Cell is Piccolo but better. That's... the point of Cell. The only caviat is that Cell's regen is still Piccolo's Regen; it's just that the weakness of regenerating is completely negated.

"Mind you that his Regen is based on his stamina, and at the time he was beaten to a pulp already. He had no free stamina to use to regenerate. This is different from if a hole was blasted into his stomach while he was at otherwise 100% where he could just grow it back"

I distinctively remember the frieza army slaughtering namekians in one shot. Peaceful namekians that werent worn out.

go to the end

for such a powerful regen they die pretty fast

I also remeber piccolo be turned to stone and shattered into peices and recovering with no issues.. Namekian regen seems inconsitent to be honest...

edit I could see the argument being made that non warior nemakians base stamina is to low to allow them to regen...

You still have to remember that it takes time for Piccolo to regen limbs, that seems to be the only consistent thing about his regen. Within those given moments, Thanos has ample time to beat Piccolo down.

I mean can't they use their Ki to amp up their durability against cutting attacks or do we not give that to characters this early?

I think Piccolo's ability to fly is a massive hurdle for Thanos to get over plus his long range attacks put him at a safe distance to not get hurt and fire down blast to kill Thanos. He could even try to planet bust if he was desperate. The sword and power of Thanos is also negated by Piccolo's Regenerationn. While inconsistent af, he can always fly away and regen, then return to battle. Piccolo wins here, that's my vote.

ChocomilkAlex said:
You still have to remember that it takes time for Piccolo to regen limbs, that seems to be the only consistent thing about his regen. Within those given moments, Thanos has ample time to beat Piccolo down.
It takes time...? He sort of just wills it and it explodedly grows back, there's no "You have to wait for X Seconds to regrow limb"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back