• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Piccolo Moon Feat Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I basically copy-pasted that from here. Yes, they absolutely should and I'll edit that in right now.

I also find myself agreeing with ByAsura.

In fact, I've had issues with that calc for a good while. I just never got around to actually bringing them up and making a detailed post.

The Calaca said:
Speed shouldn't be affected, no.

This seems fine. The scaling chain might suffer some changes.
The speed wouldn't be affected. They'd still stay at Relativistic I think, because Piccolos's beam did travel to the Moon quickly and characters of his level and up can react to that shit.

Thanks for the imput.

They should still be Relativistic, but there's no specific rating anymore.

@ByAsura; no specific rating may be an issue because they depend on the value of the calc and their multipliers to get the speed ratings of every character, no?

Everyone at or above First Form Frieza's level could scale to his Supernova, although it'd make DB speed very cramped.

Damage3245 said:
@ByAsura; no specific rating may be an issue because they depend on the value of the calc and their multipliers to get the speed ratings of every character, no?
Yam it!

That Bird Studio Guide doesn't state that the minimum for Planet Busting is a powerlevel of 10.000, it states that said feat is already possible with said powerlevel, which shows that Full Power Vegeta being able to do it wasn't actually that impressive since, well, 10000 is capable of doing so

The whole drama with that scene wasn't because of the feat, but the danger of it, since no other villain intended to nuke it, if Goku fails, then owari da.

I was using it as supporting evidence, not proof, which is why Guldo isn't Planet level. But I'll edit the OP.

In other scenes, villains threaten to destroy the world, but in this situation it's portrayed as literal and serious. This pretty much illustrates he's the only true Planet level villain by this point.

Yes, I know

Well, Nappa had a powerlevel of 4000 so it makes sense if Vegeta was the only one. The feat at that time was new but the guide statement kinda downgrades it since it confirms that weaker beings are capable of doing the same feat, and also tell us that Goku had the power to so with a base Kaioken, or maybe in base since he's over 8000

As much as I dont want Piccolo to go back to Moon level I will agree to this since there were assumptions made for rocks flying and the distance so yeah welcome back 5-C Piccolo

I dont really think we take author intent as actual proof for scaling since Planet level being depicated as major event wouldn't really matter if characters were planet level or not and Planet level wasn't really big deal in Frieza saga it was Frieza attack which was a problem which was massively above all of the cast at that time except for Goku and I dont know why you brought up Cell though

Another thing how would they reach Small Planet level? What is the gap?

Krillin killed 4 Saibamen by splitting 1 attack into six pieces and one-shotting them. Piccolo is casually 1/3.26th of the way to baseline Small Planet level.

Oh I see then I agree

I think we have reasonable support(Members+Staff) here and downgrade should be fine to apply

5 to 10 seconds is off to me. Piccolo fires it in one panel and the moon begins to glow due to the energy surrounding it right after that panel. Piccolo says "Get lost" in the first panel which is 0.5 seconds, since his statement is 2 syllables, while normal humans speak 4 syllables in one second on average. So perhaps it's less than 1 second, which would make him FTL.

I'm probably stretching, though.

5o to 10 seconds seems bit too long since Piccolo says be gone and fires at the Moon and it explodes in the next panel so maybe 3 to 4 seconds is better or maybe 5 seconds but 10 seems bit too long for the scene

To me. I think around 5 to 7 seconds is better suited. At least thats the mental image i get looking at the two panels. Ten seems too much. But lower does seem a bit stretching.

Ok, everyone seems to agree that 5 seconds is reasonable. So I'll start the scaling for that.

About the speed scaling, theres something i should ask. Shouldnt super saiyan offer at least the same speed boost as kaioken?

Because as the current scaling goes. Buu saga goku with the kaioken x20 would be 20x faster than everyone else in the buu saga including his ssj transformations and be untouchable (despite those transformations being outright superior to that form).

SSJ is considered as 40 times multiplier in this wiki so its still superior to Kaioken times 20 boost

Im talking about speed. Because from what I see on the profiles, super saiyan doesnt offer even a 20x multiplier and only really reaches ftl+ scaling to a super saiyan fighting ff frieza. His buu saga self has both his base and super saiyan forms being ftl+. Im pretty sure he should reach mftl to low mftl+ through scaling.

I dont see why SSJ wouldnn't boost his speed by 40 times too but maybe thats not how its used in this wiki and if thats the case then his speed wouldn't be 40 times but still more than 20 times kaioken since its obviously superior in speeds

Why is Super Saiyan considered a x40 boost instead of a x50 boost?

The SEG states it is x50, the Daizenshuu gives Goku a x50 boost when listing his Namek Saga power levels (3,000,000 to 150,000,000). And Toriyama even states that Super Saiyan was considered a x50 boost at the time of creation ["Only, at the time, it was considered that his strength would increase 50-fold when he became a Super Saiyan, but that was a bit of an exaggeration."].

It should be x50, the wiki uses x40 since Super Saiyan > 100% Freeza> Kaio-ken x20 >/= 50% Freeza. Really at that point x50 should just be used but it's whatever.

According to the chapter guide (which are within the manga and not a separate guide) Frieza had also dropped to an even lower percentage.

Less than half power
Anyway, I think Goku is being downplayed a tad. Goku blitzed and punted away Frieza, shot the tryant with a Kamehameha that he was unable to stop, leaving him somewhat injured and in pain (even remarking "that was close"). It's even implied Frieza powered up at this moment.

If we do use the 50x, I don't think 100 and 400x for the ascended Super Saiyans should be applied.

And Toriyama even states that Super Saiyan was considered a x50 boost at the time of creation ["Only, at the time, it was considered that his strength would increase 50-fold when he became a Super Saiyan, but that was a bit of an exaggeration."].

For anyone wondering about the next part of the statement, it's "My feeling as the creator is that, while drawing it, I felt that it was about a 10-fold change from what it was up to that point." Since this contradicts Toriyama's own series, we can apply Death of the Author.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back