• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Piccolo Moon Feat Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
The smoke on Earth was actually fragments of the hills and Gohan's attacks (he fired an attack, before, which is why there's a mushroom cloud). You can see this in the full color editio.

That's not to say I disagree with the entire calc, just that bit of justification.

I inteprated the feat as ki blast reaching the Moon,it explodes and envelops whole Moon and Moon is completely destroyed or the blast hits Moon because Moon was about to explode it glows bright and then explodes completely,I dont know what it comes under.I dont know about method but I agree that falling rocks shouldn't be used as method to calculate time frame and 5 seconds is reasonable time frame

Is there actually a calc for Piccolo just vaporizing / pulverizing the Moon?

People have calcuated the vaporization method that's like 5x baseline, but you also gotta ad it to the GBE to get 6x. Pulverization also seems iffy.

Damage3245 said:
Is there actually a calc for Piccolo just vaporizing / pulverizing the Moon?
Probably not that hard

Volume = 2.19e+25 cc

Vap = 2.19e+25 x 25700 = 134 Exatons of TNT (Moon level)

Pulv = 2.19e+25 cc x 214.35 = 1.12 exatons of TNT (Multi continental)

Adding the GBE makes the Pulv 5-C but doesn't change the Vap

Since the moon just glows and there's no visible beam extending from Piccolo's hand to the moon, could he just be dematerializing the moon instead of blowing it up? A couple panels later, his fingers have an aura around them when he materializes Gohan's clothes and sword. {Just a thought}.

that'd be atomization and no way in hell would this place allow High 5-A Saiyan Saga in manga LOL

Volume of Moon 2.19E+25 cc x 30,852.2 J/cc = 6.75663E+29. Add GBE of Moon 1.24E+29 = 7.9966E+29 J (Moon Level). Unless I did something wrong.

Damn it I think I confused sub-atomic destruction for atomizatio

Though to be fair the explosion created a noise so DDM's GPE method is our best shot.

It's definitely different than Roshi's feat. His you can tell is either Fragmentation or Violent Fragmentation (Most likely just Fragmentation if the couple of rocks that bean Krillin in the head are actually from the moon and not just debris from the wake of the Kamehameha since they'd have to be about the size of a bus to make it to earth through the atmosphere as pebbles).

I'm 100% in favor of it being Moon Level though.

Calc still needs to be evaluated.

Somebody should directly ask a few calc group members for help via their message walls.

I asked KGiffoni a couple days ago, maybe I'll ask some others too.

Yes. Please do so. Spino asked to get requests a while back, given that his school is closed due to the Coronavirus.

Okay. Thanks. You can ask a few of the less active/overworked ones as well.

Spino has a problem with the calc.

"I see a couple issues with this calculation.

Firstly, GPE over distances that far should use the formula GMm/r^2.

Secondly, I don't think using GPE is accurate here. Using GPE would mean that the Moon's gravity is dragging something towards it, or in other words work done by Moon's gravity, which is not the case here."

Okay. You can ask him if he would be willing to redo the calculation.

Okay. Then it is probably fine, as long as no other calc group members disagree. However, they should preferably compare with the previous accepted calculation regarding which is better to use.

The old calculation was done via a splat calculator, which not only uses the calculation method that Spino seemed to have problems with, it also assumes that it's Earth's gravity as opposed to the Moon's. Though, it wouldn't hurt for a few more calc group members to look at it.

Okay. Then this revision is probably fine to apply. Given that it is a prominent verse, it is best if you ask a few more calc group members to verify though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back